DH: Matsui/Giambi

SP:Wang

SP:Hughes

SP:Joba

SP:Kennedy

SP: ....

CL: ...

----

Have at it. There are the holes, assuming that we don't re-sign ANY of the free-agents. Who fills in the holes? Free Agents? Do we have a prospect in the minors?

We need to get hitters in the 3 and 4 hole, a SP, a Closer, Set-up, and some bullpen otherwise.

1B: SDuncan

2B: Cano

3B: ...

SS: Jeter

C: Molina

RF: Abreu

CF: Melky

LF: Damon

SP:FA

SP: FA

CL: Joba

----

Have at it. There are the holes, assuming that we don't re-sign ANY of the free-agents. Who fills in the holes? Free Agents? Do we have a prospect in the minors?

We need to get hitters in the 3 and 4 hole, a SP, a Closer, Set-up, and some bullpen otherwise.

See the bold...

I doubt both Mo and Pettite will leave though, meaning we'll only NEED to sign one FA pitcher.

Not sure what it would take....maybe Cano/Melky and another prospect to the Braves for Brian McCann

I could live with a Duncan/Meinkiewicz platoon at 1B

Other than that...just don't feel like looking at all the potential FAs at the moment. I have a feeling Jorge leaves and if so his bat needs to be replaced. McCann is a guy who would do wonders in Yankee Stadium.

1B: Minky/Shelly Duncan/Phillips

2B: Cano

3B: Betemit

SS: Jeter

C: Molina/Marty Barrett (FA)

RF: Abreu

CF: Melky

LF: Damon

SP:Joba

SP: Moose/Igawa/Steve White/Alan Horne/Jeff Marquez

CL: Help. I doubt Joba will ever see the pen again.

----

I filled this in based on your scenario, of Petitte/Posada/MO leaving. I doubt that happens, especially with MO.

Not sure what it would take....maybe Cano/Melky and another prospect to the Braves for Brian McCann

I could live with a Duncan/Meinkiewicz platoon at 1B

Other than that...just don't feel like looking at all the potential FAs at the moment. I have a feeling Jorge leaves and if so his bat needs to be replaced. McCann is a guy who would do wonders in Yankee Stadium.

Yanks need RH bats as it is.... McCann doesn't help there though he's a good hitter.

They need to make a big play for Cabrera or sign a Andrew Jones type.

Thats exactly what they SHOULDNT be doing.

I'd like to see them try and get Mike Lowell. He'd be a perfect fit for the Yanks imo.

Agree. I am assuming the Sox resign the WS MVP.....if so you have to admit the Yanks have no right handed presence in their line-up. Jeter is a nice average hitter but you need some pop from that side or lefties will kill you without ARod.

What a difference a year makes....Lowell is now a nice commodity and not the guy the Marlins dumped in raping the RSox in the Beckett deal.

Agree. I am assuming the Sox resign the WS MVP.....if so you have to admit the Yanks have no right handed presence in their line-up. Jeter is a nice average hitter but you need some pop from that side or lefties will kill you without ARod.

What a difference a year makes....Lowell is now a nice commodity and not the guy the Marlins dumped in raping the RSox in the Beckett deal.

Id like another right handed bat. Nice underhanded comment about Jeter too. HAll of Famers are average now apparently.

Lowell would be a fine pickup for the Yanks. MadMike is wrong about everything.

C'mon Bob..not everything...I mean he did say..

Wes Welker sucks

Josh Beckett sucks

Randy Johnson is worth 17 mil at his age coming off of back surgery

Chad Pennington is better than Drew Brees

Jason Giambi is a stud

Stolen bases are meaningless

Ron Villone is only a bad pitcher because of Joe Torre

hmmm....I stand corrected

Name a better alternative.

He's a solid hitter who's FLAWLESS at third base.

Fenway helped him, but he's still a solid hard nosed player.

Yeah lets sign a player who, over the last 3 seasons had a BA 100 points higher and a OPS almost 300 points higher in ONE BALLPARK. Great idea.

Anyone who doesn't suck. And lay off the personal attacks.

So Mike Lowell sucks? Umm okay...

Who doesnt suck who's available? There isnt a better option than Lowell on the market.

And maybe if you didnt come off so abrasive in your posts people wouldnt attack you. Just some advice.

So Mike Lowell sucks? Umm okay...

Who doesnt suck who's available? There isnt a better option than Lowell on the market.

And maybe if you didnt come off so abrasive in your posts people wouldnt attack you. Just some advice.

I don't care what you think about my posts. I don't call people morons like you do because you can't rebuff arguments with facts.

And you have no idea how to craft an argument so you resort to name calling.

riight.

Lowell, like I said is a good hitter. Not great, he's good. He'll get you around 20 HR's and anywhere from 85-95 rbi's most likely. He also plays a flawless 3rd base.

What about that argument bothers you?

Archived