The Official 'Thank you for bleeding Jet green Chad' thread

SouthernJet

Hey, bottom line, he bleeds green, he was always there for the team, he was the ultimate locker room influence.

He had injuries finally take a toll on a already average arm.

But you cant fault his desire for the Jets..

best of Luck Chad in your future endeavors..

I guarantee he will be best prepared back-up in NFL.

A nice post surrounded by a lot of negativity going around.

Chad was not the only thing wrong with the Jets, but he has become the center of the firestorm. Hey, that is the life of the qb.

There is no telling what the injuries have taken out of Chad, but they clearly have sapped him of some of his abilities. He is not the same qb the Jets drafted.

He fought every step of the way, and was handed some tough breaks.

I wonder if any player has gone from Comeback player of the year to benched in the matter of one year.

It was time to move on. But that does not eliminate the personal part of the game that gets caught up in these moves.

A nice post surrounded by a lot of negativity going around.

Chad was not the only thing wrong with the Jets, but he has become the center of the firestorm. Hey, that is the life of the qb.

There is no telling what the injuries have taken out of Chad, but they clearly have sapped him of some of his abilities. He is not the same qb the Jets drafted.

He fought every step of the way, and was handed some tough breaks.

I wonder if any player has gone from Comeback player of the year to benched in the matter of one year.

It was time to move on. But that does not eliminate the personal part of the game that gets caught up in these moves.

good post. I wish fans wouldn't take his weak arm so personally, he really is a great athlete to look up to. He is well spoken, a team leader, never in trouble with the law and always takes blame, even when he is undeserving. He is a true team player, and I'm glad he was our QB for the past 5 years.

If i had a kid i would love them to be a Chad Pennington fan.

great topic and post southernjet. i have the same feelings you do about Chad. just think how high we all were on him after 2002. if any of that could've materialized, we might have an AFC Championship and who knows, maybe SB win. but even without those, Chad has been a hard-working, stand-up citizen and QB for the Jets and i can only hope that KC or whoever else it may be shows that kind of heart and passion for the game. it certainly made things fun and exciting when all was going well.

with that said, i am excited to see what Clemens has and from what i've seen and heard, he seems to have the same sort of confidence and presence on the sidelines, in the huddle and at the podium as Chad.

i'm willing to bet that Chad resurects his career some place like Minnesota.

great topic and post southernjet. i have the same feelings you do about Chad. just think how high we all were on him after 2002. if any of that could've materialized, we might have an AFC Championship and who knows, maybe SB win. but even without those, Chad has been a hard-working, stand-up citizen and QB for the Jets and i can only hope that KC or whoever else it may be shows that kind of heart and passion for the game. it certainly made things fun and exciting when all was going well.

with that said, i am excited to see what Clemens has and from what i've seen and heard, he seems to have the same sort of confidence and presence on the sidelines, in the huddle and at the podium as Chad.

i'm willing to bet that Chad resurects his career some place like Minnesota.

These are all nice sentiments and I agree that Chad deserves the best but I can't see him resurrecting anything after this year. I don't think he can physically make the throws necessary to be a successful NFL QB. I am not sure if he used to throw better before the injuries or that defenses know his limitations so well now that they aren't fooled by play action or any threat to throw long. The Jets haven't been good this year, especially on defense, but they have been close enough to win many of these games and good QB play would have made a difference. I only hope that Clemens can win a few games while he goes thru the growing pains of inexperience. I wish he had the opportunity earlier against some of the weak opponents the Jets have played in the last few weeks.

Chad is a wonderful person and I feel bad that his starting career, at least for the Jets, appears to be ending so ugly with this terrible year. If he ever joins another team, I will root very hard for him. Not to prove the Jets wrong, because they are finally doing the right thing, but just because Chad deserves good things.

Chad has everything you'd want in a QB except an NFL arm. It's unfortunate but we need to cut bait. It's too bad, and I think that's why some posters here clung on to him so desperately. Before all the injuries it felt like the sky was the limit with this kid. Who knows about KC, it's dark times indeed again.

There is no doubting Chad's courage, strength and determination. I thank him for the magical ride in 2002 and playing hurt when there was no better option in 2004. Those were two great years and last year was a good one as well. Yes I have myself started to bash Chad more than ever after getting hurt again 2005, but it is now time to move on. Chad did a lot of good things for this franchise, but at the same time, lets face it, did not live up to the $64 million he was given after just one season. Best of luck in Chicago, Minnesota or some place else for 2008 and beyond Chad.

Ive met Chad personally and had a conversation with him. He is whats right about football and portrays a great image for young athletes. 2 serious shoulder surgeries did not help his career. I wish him all the luck in the world. And who knows a team with an offensive line and recievers over 5' 10" he may revitalize his career.

He did us proud many games and I will miss #10s persona and attitude filled with fire on gameday.(I havent seen it this season)

Good Luck Chad Pennington

Ive met Chad personally and had a conversation with him. He is whats right about football and portrays a great image for young athletes. 2 serious shoulder surgeries did not help his career. I wish him all the luck in the world. And who knows a team with an offensive line and recievers over 5' 10" he may revitalize his career.

He did us proud many games and I will miss #10s persona and attitude filled with fire on gameday.(I havent seen it this season)

Good Luck Chad Pennington

If only Chad had had some beast like Mike Williams instead of the scrubs we have at wideout..

BTW Cotchery is 6 feet tall.

He is listed at 6' 0" have you ever met him in person? Enough said..................

:yawn:

Yes because the Pats receiving cores in New England before '07 didn't win 3 Super Bowl's or anything. How tall are Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne again?:yawn:

Just because there is Randy Moss and T.O, doesn't mean that you have to be 6'4 to be great.

:yawn:

Yes because the Pats receiving cores in New England before '07 didn't win 3 Super Bowl's or anything. How tall are Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne again?:yawn:

Just because there is Randy Moss and T.O, doesn't mean that you have to be 6'4 to be great.

O.K............but are you comparing Coles and Cotchery to Harrison and Wayne?????????

And what about the OFFENSIVE LINE????????????????????????

I wouldnt be surprised if he calls his quits after this season. He's a smart guy and probably knows that his career is done and that its better to walk out on your own two feet then rolled off on a stretcher.

I also wouldnt be surprised if he becomes some sort of a QB coach after he does call the quits, whenever that is.

THANKS FOR 5 GREAT YEARS CHAD!

Archived