Bring back the Colts avatars!!!

SJ already effed up the whole bogus Patriots curse/hex with his tick. The only way to reverse it is by putting Patriots logos in your avatar. Everyone say thanks SJ. :lol:

the only way i have a patriot in my avatar (aside from a stolen password), would be tom brady with a sword threw his heart.

yup I remember that one JC-we should all use the ones that worked last year-my AV is the ultimate in waddy waddy foo foo

I'd use mine but that was before I had to clean out my computer files and I can't find the one I used last year on Google. It's Bob Sanders either way though, so its all good.:P

I'd use mine but that was before I had to clean out my computer files and I can't find the one I used last year on Google. It's Bob Sanders either way though, so its all good.:P

yea I lost all my pictures when I switched over to the new computer but luckily found the same AV shot-it's weird if you Google him up, most of his pics are from his previous team

i like that avatar, good choice.

was wayne that good in college? as in...better than either moss, A Johnson, or any other receiver from miami?

Yep. He was a Butch Davis recruit. "Wayne set a school record 173 career catches (including 36 consecutive games with a reception) and is only one of three wide receivers in school history to post 20+ touchdowns in his career."

He was a four year starter, who didnt have the benefit of playing with a great QB for most of his college career, although he may have played with Dorsey during his senior year.

Yep. He was a Butch Davis recruit. "Wayne set a school record 173 career catches (including 36 consecutive games with a reception) and is only one of three wide receivers in school history to post 20+ touchdowns in his career."

He was a four year starter, who didnt have the benefit of playing with a great QB for most of his college career, although he may have played with Dorsey during his senior year.

IMO, this is the number one reason it is so hard to evaluate receivers coming into the NFL. Either a QB makes them look really good, or really bad, you just can't tell.

Look at Cutler...none of his WR's made it in the NFL yet he was a top draft pick, then there is Santonio Holmes, ginn, and gonzales, yet t. smith slips to the bottom of the draft. I find it interesting how the scouts make their picks.

hey 124, how about i send you 200 bucks to buy a chit ton of colts gear and face paint..my only stipulation is that you walk around with your middle fingers in the air the whole day. :biggrin:

IMO, this is the number one reason it is so hard to evaluate receivers coming into the NFL. Either a QB makes them look really good, or really bad, you just can't tell.

Look at Cutler...none of his WR's made it in the NFL yet he was a top draft pick, then there is Santonio Holmes, ginn, and gonzales, yet t. smith slips to the bottom of the draft. I find it interesting how the scouts make their picks.

the draft is always a crapshoot to some extent. It's not just QBs affecting WRs. It's coaching affecting QBs, too.

Look at Tedford's QBs, who did well in college but not in the pros.

Look at how Norm Chow made Leinart, who isnt doing so well without him. And VY, who is doing better in the pros under Chow's tutelage than he'd be doing without him.

the draft is always a crapshoot to some extent. It's not just QBs affecting WRs. It's coaching affecting QBs, too.

Look at Tedford's QBs, who did well in college but not in the pros.

Look at how Norm Chow made Leinart, who isnt doing so well without him. And VY, who is doing better in the pros under Chow's tutelage than he'd be doing without him.

good point on the coaching side of things.

another one that always baffles me is when Mario Williams was taken in the top 5, they assumed the rest of his line was equally as good and they all went first round (well 2 others anyway), the guy in San Fran turned out decent, but was it Mcargo? the jills took is just a waste...Its that sort of stuff that throws me off. How can a scout assume all three are great when only one is seeing consistent double teams?

i like that avatar, good choice.

was wayne that good in college? as in...better than either moss, A Johnson, or any other receiver from miami?

I'm sure he was better than some receivers at Miami, but he wasn't better than Santana or Andre Johnson

I'm sure he was better than some receivers at Miami, but he wasn't better than Santana or Andre Johnson

Different styles makes it hard to compare. wayne is still the all-time school leader in receptions, and he did it without having a great QB. Moss is the all-time leader in receiving yardage, and A.J. was able to take over and dominate a game more than either of them.

Different styles makes it hard to compare. wayne is still the all-time school leader in receptions, and he did it without having a great QB. Moss is the all-time leader in receiving yardage, and A.J. was able to take over and dominate a game more than either of them.

not being a jag, but where did AJ go against the Buckeys in the title game? was Gamble that good that day? I don't know, i was really surprised to see him get as ignored as he did.

BTW, that was the best football game i have ever seen in my life. I realize the pass interferance call was probably BS, but that game had me on the edge of my seat, swearing throwing, some crying, and then, of course, celebrating.

not being a jag, but where did AJ go against the Buckeys in the title game? was Gamble that good that day? I don't know, i was really surprised to see him get as ignored as he did.

BTW, that was the best football game i have ever seen in my life. I realize the pass interferance call was probably BS, but that game had me on the edge of my seat, swearing throwing, some crying, and then, of course, celebrating.

They doubled and tripled AJ that game, but if you recall, Winslow had an absolute monster game that night. He had the team on his shoulders most of the game. And Dorsey was bright enough to recognize the coverage and go to the guy who was in single coverage.

The PI call was effed up, but the biggest play was McGahee getting hurt. They had shut him down for the first two and a half quarters, and he was just starting to get rolling when he got hurt.

Crazy game, for sure.

The other thing i remember clearly is the PK, Sievers having to make a 40 yd FG to force OT. osu* (they always get the asterisk for that PI call) called three time outs in a row to ice him, but he made the kick anyway. I thought it was the most clutch kick I'd ever seen in college ball.

They doubled and tripled AJ that game, but if you recall, Winslow had an absolute monster game that night. He had the team on his shoulders most of the game. And Dorsey was bright enough to recognize the coverage and go to the guy who was in single coverage.

The PI call was effed up, but the biggest play was McGahee getting hurt. They had shut him down for the first two and a half quarters, and he was just starting to get rolling when he got hurt.

Crazy game, for sure.

The other thing i remember clearly is the PK, Sievers having to make a 40 yd FG to force OT. osu* (they always get the asterisk for that PI call) called three time outs in a row to ice him, but he made the kick anyway. I thought it was the most clutch kick I'd ever seen in college ball.

to say i was scared ****tless of McGahee is an understatment for sure. I knew the bucks had a good to great D-line, but miami was a damn machine with him running the ball. I forgot about winslow having a good day, i guess i was more enamoured with the horses i kept hearing about, johnson, mcgahee, reed...(whoelse? vilma had to be there, i remember wilfork, a team of damn probowlers, that was insane)

I remember watching Clarrett get a 4 yard run and i thought it was amazing he could get that far. To this day i don't know how they pulled that game out...whats worse i don't understand how they could lose to an inferior opponent like the Gators last year...****ing tressel, calls a great game one year, and a game i'd be offended by Hackett calling the next.

Gamble had to have played 60 to 70% of the snaps that night, great game.

Andre was freaking sick. Obviously he left early, but I felt he was the most talented and the best college WR of the three.

Puh-thetic.

Our team sucks, wah! wah! wah!, so let's root for the team that always kicks our ass. Wah! wah! wah!

Jet fans is crazy stoopid. Maybe one year, you can actually be cheering on some wins.

If you want to continue posting here you are going to have to contribute something or your posting privileges will be revoked.

Puh-thetic.

Our team sucks, wah! wah! wah!, so let's root for the team that always kicks our ass. Wah! wah! wah!

Jet fans is crazy stoopid. Maybe one year, you can actually be cheering on some wins.

Hooked On Phonics. Trust me, for you, it would be a great purchase.

• 2 years later...

Archived