Red Sox Parade

haggis

I'll bet he did. When it's time to get piss drunk and act like an idiot, he'll be all set. When it comes to tomorrow's history exam, not so much.

I'm a little stunned that you of all people posted this, Bob. I'm hoping your tongue was completely in your cheek. I cleared it all with his teachers with regards to tests, etc.

Please do not imply on a public board that I am a bad parent. I'm pretty certain the majority of parents here at JN would take kids to a Jets or yankee or Mets parade.

I'm a little stunned that you of all people posted this, Bob. I'm hoping your tongue was completely in your cheek. I cleared it all with his teachers with regards to tests, etc.

Please do not imply on a public board that I am a bad parent. I'm pretty certain the majority of parents here at JN would take kids to a Jets or yankee or Mets parade.

Yes, Dave. I meant it with humor. The typed word does not always make such things clear.

There are somethings learned outside of school that are much more valuable. :sign0098:

I just finished writing a letter to the idiot mayor of Boston. Because he is such a jock sniffer, my commute home yesterday SUCKED OUT LOUD. Why? Because MOSTLY High School kids decided to venture into the city from such far reaching towns like Fitchburg, Leominster, North Adams, Etc - and they were obviously people that do not venture into the city very often. And why? Because the mayor stated that the "players were tired. wanted to go home and relax as soon as possible. so the rolling rally will be tuesday." To heck with us working folk that pay a large amount of cash to actually get to work via public transportation, whos salaries are a fraction of a major leagues players.....yah, we have to accomodate the athlete. Are you kidding me? So, they spend outrageous cash on extra police - State, city and MBTA - and get coroprate sponsors to foot the bill. Meanwhile my train station had baracdes up and made the commuters go into single file lines for trains that were 1) late 2) so over-crowded they turned people away 3) and not allowed to resume their express schedules. So, who is footing my bill?

Frickin' Sox.

;)

Haggis - I'm glad you and your son got to share the experience together. I can't imagine too many things feeling better than that.

Sour grapes, boys, sour grapes.

I was able to take my 12 year old son to the parade for a day he'll never forget!

That is exactly one of the reasons I have been so mad when the Yankees didn't win the past couple of years.

I wanted to take my older son (12) to see the parade. Glad you guys had a good time!!!

I just finished writing a letter to the idiot mayor of Boston. Because he is such a jock sniffer, my commute home yesterday SUCKED OUT LOUD. Why? Because MOSTLY High School kids decided to venture into the city from such far reaching towns like Fitchburg, Leominster, North Adams, Etc - and they were obviously people that do not venture into the city very often. And why? Because the mayor stated that the "players were tired. wanted to go home and relax as soon as possible. so the rolling rally will be tuesday." To heck with us working folk that pay a large amount of cash to actually get to work via public transportation, whos salaries are a fraction of a major leagues players.....yah, we have to accomodate the athlete. Are you kidding me? So, they spend outrageous cash on extra police - State, city and MBTA - and get coroprate sponsors to foot the bill. Meanwhile my train station had baracdes up and made the commuters go into single file lines for trains that were 1) late 2) so over-crowded they turned people away 3) and not allowed to resume their express schedules. So, who is footing my bill?

Frickin' Sox.

;)

Haggis - I'm glad you and your son got to share the experience together. I can't imagine too many things feeling better than that.

Erm, weren't the Pats parade's during week days??? I think they were.

The ride home was hellish. Took a long time to get to the car and then the drive on the pike was rough. But worth it.

Frickin' Sox.

:bwahaharoll:

Frickin' Sox.

You are way off base with that post.

Were you pissed when the Pats had their parade on a weekday back in February of 2002?

Were you pissed when the Pats had their parade on a weekday back in February of 2002?

How am I off base with my opinion?

1) The Pats didn't have a rolling rally - they rode to City Hall Plaza and had a bunch of players talk....remember BINGO!? The last one was, if I recall, was a rolling rally and it sucked. Rolling rallies suck.

2) I was not working in the city for the Pats parades, so it did not bother me one bit. I attended the first one - and was smart about getting in and out of town. Anyway, so yah, my tirade was selfish - whatever ;)

3) Something about 10 degree weather that keeps drunken high school truants away.

How am I off base with my opinion?

1) The Pats didn't have a rolling rally - they rode to City Hall Plaza and had a bunch of players talk....remember BINGO!? The last one was, if I recall, was a rolling rally and it sucked. Rolling rallies suck.

2) I was not working in the city for the Pats parades, so it did not bother me one bit. I attended the first one - and was smart about getting in and out of town. Anyway, so yah, my tirade was selfish - whatever ;)

3) Something about 10 degree weather that keeps drunken high school truants away.

And while we are at it, lets cancel the whole Christmas and celebrating of the Holidays.

Ihe people, the crowds, the bustle and extra shopping. I have to hear another sleighbell jingle in my life, it will be one too many.

Oh, and did I mention the merrymaking?

Ugh. Don't these people have any consideration?

And while we are at it, lets cancel the whole Christmas and celebrating of the Holidays.

Ihe people, the crowds, the bustle and extra shopping. I have to hear another sleighbell jingle in my life, it will be one too many.

Oh, and did I mention the merrymaking?

Ugh. Don't these people have any consideration?

LOL! I get your point.

Next time I'll just take the day off.;)

Yeah, the wench was way off base here.

yah, we have to accomodate the athlete

I'd say the parades are mostly for the fans. Glad you and your kid had a good time, haggis.

Yeah, the wench was way off base here.

I'd say the parades are mostly for the fans. Glad you and your kid had a good time, haggis.

I thought I was a fag hag? I've been elevated to wench status? Hooray! Banner day, banner day indeed! I think I'll have a parade. :)

Heheh

Only a wench would complain about a W.S. parade screwing up her commute.

Perhaps. There were lots of wenches about on Tuesday then. Hmmmm....most of these wenches were men too. What do you call a boy wench? You should know.

Perhaps. There were lots of wenches about on Tuesday then. Hmmmm....most of these wenches were men too. What do you call a boy wench? You should know.

When I went to the Yankee parades (though I am more of a Mets fan, I still love the parades) the subways were a complete mess afterwards, but I didnt hear anyone complaining about it. Must be a shrewish NE thing.

When I went to the Yankee parades (though I am more of a Mets fan, I still love the parades) the subways were a complete mess afterwards, but I didnt hear anyone complaining about it. Must be a shrewish NE thing.

Must be.

You didn't answer the question. What do you call a male wench (or shrew)?

Oh.....and all this time I thought a male wench was called a Jetcane. Go figure!

Nope, that would be a garb, who complains about Jets fans, the red sox, red sox fans, BC, BC fans, the bahston media, World Series parades, newby JN posters, traffic, and who takes a mysterious vacation from the board when the cameragate story breaks.

:rl:

Nope, that would be a garb, who complains about Jets fans, the red sox, red sox fans, BC, BC fans, the bahston media, World Series parades, newby JN posters, traffic, and who takes a mysterious vacation from the board when the cameragate story breaks.

:rl:

Really? Man, and here I thought it was Jetcane....and I'm not the only one who thought that either. Jeez, were we wrong! Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Jeez, were we wrong! Thanks for clearing that up for us.

No problem. i look forward to reading your next complaint. :)

oh, and i left out your hate for Vermont and Vermonters. The more i think about it, the longer your list of complaints gets.

Archived