Red Sox Parade

haggis

You should have a rolling rally instead.

Nah....I want a real parade. Confetti along the route - then a stop at at City Hall Plaza - with this big stage set-up. I'll have all my fans sing my praises and do a river dance in my honor. You 'wanna be the first speaker? 'Cane is really vying for the first spot - but I'll let you have it. :P

No problem. i look forward to reading your next complaint. :)

oh, and i left out your hate for Vermont and Vermonters. The more i think about it, the longer your list of complaints gets.

Don't forget Cambridge and the word "ghey." :)

Just got back from a great day. Pulled the kid from school and it was worth it.

http://blog.masslive.com/breakingnews/2007/10/7th_grader_catches_gleam_of_wo.html

Nice article, Haggis

7th grader catches gleam of World Series trophy

Posted by The Republican Newsroom October 30, 2007 15:05PM

By KEN ROSS

kross@repub.com

BOSTON - Four hours after leaving the McDonald's parking lot in Palmer today, after waiting in miles of traffic and wading through a sea of people, Camden R. Wilson saw the trophy.

And not just any trophy.

The 12-year-old seventh grader from Ludlow was staring right at the 2007 World Series trophy. Red Sox God Curt Schilling held the gleaming, gold prize over his head as he rode by in the three-hour victory parade through the city.

And despite the throngs of people crammed onto the sidewalk at Copley Square at Boylston and Dartmouth streets, Camden had a high, clear shot of the trophy. That's because he was seated atop his father's shoulders.

"When Schilling was holding that trophy up, that was so cool," David J. Wilson said in a thick Scottish accent.

-snip-

"Where are all these people going," a woman who identified herself as "Garb" said sarcastically as they sat in traffic on the turnpike.

They left Palmer at 8:35 a.m. By 10:12 a.m., the car was parked on a side street near the T stop in Riverside.

Once they got on the subway, it already felt like you were standing along the parade route. Everywhere you looked, people were dressed in Red Sox jerseys, hats, jackets and sweatshirts, except for the woman who identified herself as "Garb", who was wearing a Cheatriots jacket, and a cap that said "I Hate BC".

One hour after parking the car, they were standing at Copley Square. The next hour waiting for the parade to go by went by in a blur. Airplanes flew overhead with Red Sox banners. They watched workers raise a Red Sox banner on a flagpole high atop a nearby skyscraper. People stopped to ask Wilson about his kilt. It felt like New Year's Eve to everyone but garb, who griped and kvetched about the proceedings making her feel like she had fallen off her high horse.

Then came the parade. The crowd went wild, all except for Garb, who continued to gripe about the commute and the cost of the parade.

And Oakes, Waite and the Wilsons never have to wonder anymore what a World Series celebration is like. They were there. 

Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Nah....I want a real parade. Confetti along the route - then a stop at at City Hall Plaza - with this big stage set-up. I'll have all my fans sing my praises and do a river dance in my honor. You 'wanna be the first speaker? 'Cane is really vying for the first spot - but I'll let you have it. :P

I don't do well in front of small crowds.

Excellent try - but a little flawed. I don't take the Mass Pike to Boston, nor do I ride the Subway and I'm not located in Copley Square. The other part was cute though.....and it only took you what? 10 minutes? You're wicked smaht and sort of clevah for a Jetcane. Now don't get carried away - you will never be as witty as Thorsten. :)

Nice article, Haggis

7th grader catches gleam of World Series trophy

Posted by The Republican Newsroom October 30, 2007 15:05PM

By KEN ROSS

kross@repub.com

BOSTON - Four hours after leaving the McDonald's parking lot in Palmer today, after waiting in miles of traffic and wading through a sea of people, Camden R. Wilson saw the trophy.

And not just any trophy.

The 12-year-old seventh grader from Ludlow was staring right at the 2007 World Series trophy. Red Sox God Curt Schilling held the gleaming, gold prize over his head as he rode by in the three-hour victory parade through the city.

And despite the throngs of people crammed onto the sidewalk at Copley Square at Boylston and Dartmouth streets, Camden had a high, clear shot of the trophy. That's because he was seated atop his father's shoulders.

"When Schilling was holding that trophy up, that was so cool," David J. Wilson said in a thick Scottish accent.

-snip-

"Where are all these people going," a woman who identified herself as "Garb" said sarcastically as they sat in traffic on the turnpike.

They left Palmer at 8:35 a.m. By 10:12 a.m., the car was parked on a side street near the T stop in Riverside.

Once they got on the subway, it already felt like you were standing along the parade route. Everywhere you looked, people were dressed in Red Sox jerseys, hats, jackets and sweatshirts, except for the woman who identified herself as "Garb", who was wearing a Cheatriots jacket, and a cap that said "I Hate BC".

One hour after parking the car, they were standing at Copley Square. The next hour waiting for the parade to go by went by in a blur. Airplanes flew overhead with Red Sox banners. They watched workers raise a Red Sox banner on a flagpole high atop a nearby skyscraper. People stopped to ask Wilson about his kilt. It felt like New Year's Eve to everyone but garb, who griped and kvetched about the proceedings making her feel like she had fallen off her high horse.

Then came the parade. The crowd went wild, all except for Garb, who continued to gripe about the commute and the cost of the parade.

And Oakes, Waite and the Wilsons never have to wonder anymore what a World Series celebration is like. They were there. 

Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Excellent try - but a little flawed. I don't take the Mass Pike to Boston, nor do I ride the Subway and I'm not located in Copley Square. The other part was cute though.....and it only took you what? 10 minutes? You're wicked smaht and sort of clevah for a Jetcane.

Yeah, he should have written an article on what it's like to be a Yankee fan in the middle of RSN.

Yeah, he should have written an article on what it's like to be a Yankee fan in the middle of RSN.

I'm a Patriots fan who works with an office full of RSN folks, who's office is accross the street from the Boston Garden - home of the Celtics and Bruins - and who's home is less than a mile from the Celtics offices and HQ's. Write about that ;)

Did I ever tell you about the time I ran over Ricky Davis at the local grocery store with my cart? Kind of funny - in a really unintentional way. Honest!

Archived