Should JN pull a JI?

Gainzo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because they want to be on a site where the average IQ is lower than the average age of the posters

Ha ha, if you took away the guys like Ham, Jetswin, Buzz, WF and a few others, the board would be completely unreadable. there are still a few posters there whose posts I like to read, but just a few.

I think he jumped the shark with the money stuff but that is certainly his right. He has worked hard on that site, no doubt about it. And although he doesn't post much these days, he was good at stirring the sh*t back in the day.

it doesnt hurt that he gets to see closed practices

all we have here are my reports from the bushes :)

As far as locking members out goes I think he does it because it forces people to sign up and the more people that sign up, the better your odds that they will post. I like ragging on him but give him credit for this -- he built one of the biggest boards out there.

I think he jumped the shark with the money stuff but that is certainly his right. He has worked hard on that site, no doubt about it. And although he doesn't post much these days, he was good at stirring the sh*t back in the day.

I wouldn't lock out guests here though. I am not a good salesman and just prefer to let people lurk if they want to. I doubt any board would leave it that way forever though. When you lock out guests you also lock out bots. If you do that too long your page rank would suffer.

I wonder how locking up the board affects signups. I would think it drastically reduces it actually, if i am a first time viewer, i stumble on to the site, how do i know there really is anything going on in there, i would have to give all my info, get a confirm email to reply to, then get accepted before i could see if it is a place i have any interest in. Now this can take a mere minutes, but sometimes with manual acceptences it can take a day or longer. And some of the boards that force you to sign up also have limits on the kind of posting you can do while a new member, all a big PITA. If I come to a board that is of general interest to me with other decent alternatives, like jets fanboards and JI vs JN and some others, I am going to just move on and go elsewhere.

Besides, forcing someone to sign up does NOT force them to post, letting someone lurk a while and figure out the cast of characters of a board and getting comfortable is what leads to good posters. I know i spend quite a while just reading aboard before i decide to start posting, its what i did here.

All you get out of forcing people to sign up is their personal info/email addresses and you would hope nice fat subscriber stats to use for marketing.

but whatta i know, thats just my opinion

I wonder how locking up the board affects signups. I would think it drastically reduces it actually, if i am a first time viewer, i stumble on to the site, how do i know there really is anything going on in there, i would have to give all my info, get a confirm email to reply to, then get accepted before i could see if it is a place i have any interest in. Now this can take a mere minutes, but sometimes with manual acceptences it can take a day or longer. And some of the boards that force you to sign up also have limits on the kind of posting you can do while a new member, all a big PITA. If I come to a board that is of general interest to me with other decent alternatives, like jets fanboards and JI vs JN and some others, I am going to just move on and go elsewhere.

Besides, forcing someone to sign up does NOT force them to post, letting someone lurk a while and figure out the cast of characters of a board and getting comfortable is what leads to good posters. I know i spend quite a while just reading aboard before i decide to start posting, its what i did here.

All you get out of forcing people to sign up is their personal info/email addresses and you would hope nice fat subscriber stats to use for marketing.

Well said.

I think what they see is several thousand guests per day. So by locking it down they can turn some of them into members (who they can and do market to via email). But if a handful of them start posting, they have made the board bigger.

For new sites I think locking it down is a mistake. Like I said I wouldn't do it here because of the bots and page rank, searches etc. But I see why a large board would do it.

Adsense revenue has to go down though, that is why I think it is usually short lived.

Ha ha, if you took away the guys like Ham, Jetswin, Buzz, WF and a few others, the board would be completely unreadable. there are still a few posters there whose posts I like to read, but just a few.

You're giving a couple of those posters way too much credit. I'll let you decide which ones I'm talking about. :lol:

Even thou there has been alot of crap back and forth between these 2 message boards remember one thing we ALL are fans of the same football team and have some of the same interests... Except the patsy trolls. I like both boards and like allot of the posters.... Hell this is the internet you can NOT take it seriously... It is like the land of make believe..just have fun and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JETS..

Bye the way Max is gay ahahahahahahahaha

Even thou there has been alot of crap back and forth between these 2 message boards remember one thing we ALL are fans of the same football team and have some of the same interests... Except the patsy trolls. I like both boards and like allot of the posters.... Hell this is the internet you can NOT take it seriously... It is like the land of make believe..just have fun and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JETS..

Sooth called. He would like to see you in his office.

Agreed man. The drama is old news. It was fun and I caused most of it. But it was all in the name of a good laugh!

Go Jets.

Sooth is such a good guy,I can't imagine how this whole thing turned out this way. Tell Sean to give me a call we can hash all this stuff out.

Correct there is NO bantor on J.I. It is a business..... Sean treats it like that...When I want to act like a little kid ( which is alot) I come to J.N. Since everyone knows the deal you just have to accept it like that and move on.

I am quoting that one so you can't change it, lol.

The moles are lurking!!! hahaha. Have a good weekend Murph!

Correct there is NO bantor on J.I. It is a business..... Sean treats it like that...When I want to act like a little kid ( which is alot) I come to J.N. Since everyone knows the deal you just have to accept it like that and move on.

Murph....I was a HOF poster on JI and now on JN....I have yrs of first hand knowledge about both sites....and guess what?

This one is better and run by a more honorbale man.

Murph....I was a HOF poster on JI and now on JN....I have yrs of first hand knowledge about both sites....and guess what?

This one is better and run by a more honorbale man.

Although I have been on this more, from my short time there I have came to the same conclusion!!!:thumbup:

Although I have been on this more, from my short time there I have came to the same conclusion!!!:thumbup:

I have 10,000 posts on both sites and I was kicked off JI because of stuff that had nothing to do with the Message board.

That will never happen here.

I have 10,000 posts on both sites and I was kicked off JI because of stuff that had nothing to do with the Message board.

That will never happen here.

I was a HOF poster on both. I can say that you are a terrible poster. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Archived