Bears | Brien Best Kicker for a Day

Smizzy

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:10:17 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears PK Doug Brien made seven-of-seven field goal attempts including a 58-yarder during Wednesday's, June 22, practice session. Brien bested PKs Tyler Jones and Nick Novak in the drill termed "last man standing" by special teams coordinator Dave Toub. "I was very happy with the way they responded," Toub said. "I had no idea that they'd get all the way out to a 58-yarder. I thought 50 yards would be our max. I was very impressed."

:lol:

after his performance in the playoffs and regular season last year, I'm surprised that any team would even consider him trying out for them. I mean, sure he's made seven for seven in the practice session. But put him under pressure (or not even under pressure) he's bound to miss. They are just going to get screwed over like we did

after his performance in the playoffs and regular season last year, I'm surprised that any team would even consider him trying out for them. I mean, sure he's made seven for seven in the practice session. But put him under pressure (or not even under pressure) he's bound to miss. They are just going to get screwed over like we did

Bears dont have to worry about him being in a pressure situation. :wink:

Archived