Tom Petty Movie Running Down A Dream

SoFlaJets

I just read about this flick that just came out in this month's Rolling Stone and lo and behold it was just on today on The Sundance Channel. Catch it if you can and I swear it's like some people are just destined to make it and some just ain't as lucky. Great as he is-if you hear him tell his story about how people just walked into a room as if the Gods had it pre-ordained...love TP and his band

I just watched watched a King of the Hill episode yesterday where Tom did the voice of Luanne's boyfriend.

Petty doesn't get the respect he deserves. He produced hit after hit, classic after classic, but no one talks about him anymore. Hopefully, I'll catch this movie.

I remember hearing a story of when TP and The Heartbreakers first went to England during the punk revolution in the late 70's and Johnny Rotten was making fun of TP saying "oh look it's the American pop star" Johnny Rotten almost got his ugly ass kicked that day...Petty is a great American songwriter-right up there with our country's best over the last 30 years-right up there with Springsteen, Mellencamp and Bob Seger-I think I'd put him in a tie for 2nd with John Mellencamp-of course you guys know how this Jersey guy feels about the Boss...

I just watched watched a King of the Hill episode yesterday where Tom did the voice of Luanne's boyfriend.

Petty doesn't get the respect he deserves. He produced hit after hit, classic after classic, but no one talks about him anymore. Hopefully, I'll catch this movie.

He played the mayor of Bridgetown in the movie "The Postman" as well. Love that movie.

Archived