Regarding The Draft....

Greenbaumenom

I was arguing with a buddy and was looking for other opinions...

We were discussing the draft and discussed the possibility of the Jets having a top 3 pick. Yes, I want Clemens to go 8-0, but, the argument was based on our top 3 pick.

I have heard Chris Long DE, Virginia, and Dorsey DT, LSU, and other players but I am sorry...if you have a top 3 pick, you take a playmaker, plain and simple. I would take McFadden all day everyday. I was DYING over Thomas Jones, but he is Mister Average (What he is referred to on NFL Sirius Radio). You can get PLENTY of good DE, DT, and LB in the 2nd, 3rd, or later rounds. The first round pick should be a playmaker! QB, RB, WR, TE, or amazing CB/LB. But no lineman! I love Brick, we, as we have seen, McNeil was available later and is playing much better. No lineman in the top 5-10! We need playmakers. Coles is out this weekend and our WRs are Cotcery and Brad Smith! Not exactly scary to an NFL Defense. We need more targets and people to score points. Just my thoughts on the draft.

As far as today is concerned...let's hope Clemens throwns 4 TDs and makes us all forget about Chad.

We were discussing the draft and discussed the possibility of the Jets having a top 3 pick. Yes, I want Clemens to go 8-0, but, the argument was based on our top 3 pick.

I have heard Chris Long DE, Virginia, and Dorsey DT, LSU, and other players but I am sorry...if you have a top 3 pick, you take a playmaker, plain and simple. I would take McFadden all day everyday. I was DYING over Thomas Jones, but he is Mister Average (What he is referred to on NFL Sirius Radio). You can get PLENTY of good DE, DT, and LB in the 2nd, 3rd, or later rounds. The first round pick should be a playmaker! QB, RB, WR, TE, or amazing CB/LB. But no lineman! I love Brick, we, as we have seen, McNeil was available later and is playing much better. No lineman in the top 5-10! We need playmakers. Coles is out this weekend and our WRs are Cotcery and Brad Smith! Not exactly scary to an NFL Defense. We need more targets and people to score points. Just my thoughts on the draft.

As far as today is concerned...let's hope Clemens throwns 4 TDs and makes us all forget about Chad.

u pick the BAPlaymaker weather defensive or offensive

I would love to see D McFadden in Green next year... I would love it! With...

Kellen Clemens

Thomas Jones

D.McFadden

L.Washington

Coles

Cotchery

Brad Smith

And C.Baker...

Wow... Thats an offense full of explosive players and a QB who can stretch the field.... I will give Mangini time to build this O-Line and D-Line... But with an Offense like that, WOW!

Kellen Clemens

Thomas Jones

D.McFadden

L.Washington

Coles

Cotchery

Brad Smith

And C.Baker...

Wow... Thats an offense full of explosive players and a QB who can stretch the field.... I will give Mangini time to build this O-Line and D-Line... But with an Offense like that, WOW!

I'd rather trade the pick, if possible, and bulk up either or both lines. Lack of up front strength is clearly the weak link on an otherwise not untalented Jets team. I think the Jets did well for themselves in trading for Revis, Harris and Thomas Jones but I wonder if the franchise would have been better off had they drafted guys like Grubbs and Blalock to go with Mangold and Ferguson.

Kellen Clemens

Thomas Jones

D.McFadden

L.Washington

Coles

Cotchery

Brad Smith

And C.Baker...

Fair enough, but you can have all the weapons in the world and it wont matter without a good OL to start off, its in the trenches where games are won and lost.

Archived