Reggie Bush > MJD

Blackout

well reggie had the two Tds

So, that makes him better?

I believe the career tub count is still 20-12 in favor of the bowling ball with butcher knives.

Let's see what happens when Fred Taylor finally gets injured. Bush is working as the feature back right now, MJD isn't. Yet MJD has more 100 yard games this season.

I believe the career tub count is still 20-12 in favor of the bowling ball with butcher knives.

Let's see what happens when Fred Taylor finally gets injured. Bush is working as the feature back right now, MJD isn't. Yet MJD has more 100 yard games this season.

AND he's got a better offensive line to work under too

reggie is better

Hey troll,how about that Vince Young huh? I noticed you don't get as much crap for ripping him anymore

6-3 vince young?

That's like saying Lawrence Maroney & Sammy Morris have been a great HB tandem because the Pats are 9-0.

The Titans haven't won too many games because of Vince Young's alleged superiority to other qb's. He's awful. In 8 games he has 6 TD's (incl 2 rushing) & 11 turnovers. Plus another 4 fumbles - one every other game - that weren't turned over but I'm certain didn't help the Titans at all.

This with a team around him that has provided 1000 rushing yards from its halfbacks, the #7 NFL defense in points-allowed, #3 in yards, and is top-10 in (defensive) 3rd & 4th-down conversions. Blame his receivers all you want, but one way of looking at it is that no receiver has come into his own with Vince throwing the ball. He may have finally gotten that completion percentage over 60% (barely), but his ypa is an embarrassing 5.8 yards despite that completion %age.

Someone with such awful passing #'s should be making a LOT more plays with his feet to offset it. He's on pace for like 430 yds & 4 TD's. He would need double that to even consider being acceptable. NO's best game offensively came when Young wasn't even on the field.

He seems like a great kid. But I'm plenty happier with Clemens at QB at this point. At least if he sucks as badly as Young does we won't be stuck with him for 5 years due to all the media ballwashing Young gets.

That's like saying Lawrence Maroney & Sammy Morris have been a great HB tandem because the Pats are 9-0.

The Titans haven't won too many games because of Vince Young's alleged superiority to other qb's. He's awful. In 8 games he has 6 TD's (incl 2 rushing) & 11 turnovers. Plus another 4 fumbles - one every other game - that weren't turned over but I'm certain didn't help the Titans at all.

This with a team around him that has provided 1000 rushing yards from its halfbacks, the #7 NFL defense in points-allowed, #3 in yards, and is top-10 in (defensive) 3rd & 4th-down conversions. Blame his receivers all you want, but one way of looking at it is that no receiver has come into his own with Vince throwing the ball. He may have finally gotten that completion percentage over 60% (barely), but his ypa is an embarrassing 5.8 yards despite that completion %age.

Someone with such awful passing #'s should be making a LOT more plays with his feet to offset it. He's on pace for like 430 yds & 4 TD's. He would need double that to even consider being acceptable. NO's best game offensively came when Young wasn't even on the field.

He seems like a great kid. But I'm plenty happier with Clemens at QB at this point. At least if he sucks as badly as Young does we won't be stuck with him for 5 years due to all the media ballwashing Young gets.

TBH I agree that he's a terrible passer, but Sperm a lot of the rushing success can also be influeced by him. It was the same in atlanta with Vick. DE's have to play to contain him so they aren't as effective against the run. The Jags yesterday though seemed to be playing him differently than most teams, they were bringing a lot of run blitzers from the middle and there really was nothing they could do becasue of his ineffective passing. The offensive line is very good, I'm not debating that, but because of Youngs ability as a runner the D must respect that too. He is a big enough reason for their success IMO, at least last year he was anyways.

Also he has won 5 games I think it is, so he at least hasn't been consistently killing his team.:confused0082:

TBH I agree that he's a terrible passer, but Sperm a lot of the rushing success can also be influeced by him. It was the same in atlanta with Vick. DE's have to play to contain him so they aren't as effective against the run. The Jags yesterday though seemed to be playing him differently than most teams, they were bringing a lot of run blitzers from the middle and there really was nothing they could do becasue of his ineffective passing. The offensive line is very good, I'm not debating that, but because of Youngs ability as a runner the D must respect that too. He is a big enough reason for their success IMO, at least last year he was anyways.

Also he has won 5 games I think it is, so he at least hasn't been consistently killing his team.:confused0082:

Go look up his #'s for the 5 wins. And I'm not suggesting he's anywhere near a Tavaris Jackson level of gross incompetence. Same thing with last year. Half the games (maybe it's more; I don't really know) that Tennessee won, he either had an outright bad game or at best did nothing that one could say was victory-causing.

Jacksonville's running game was better last year with their immobile QB.

Minnesota has the top ground game.

I don't think the mobile Bollywood gets credit for it any more than the immobile Kelly Holcomb or somewhat mobile Tavaris Jackson.

How mobile (or good) is Philip Rivers? Was he more mobile last year, or did he just suck a whole lot less?

Is Gore's decrease in production from a year ago due to the disappearance of Alex Smith's unpredictable footwork?

Vick? I understand the logic of your point, but I don't think Harrington's enough of an upgrade with his arm to say that the difference between a pocket-type and rollout-type is the factor. And as much of a scumbag as Vick was, he was a far, FAR more dangerous runner than Young without a Norm Chow to aid in his development.

I don't think you can point to a team's production from one year to the next, see that they changed QB's from a mobile one to an immobile one, and decide that it's the determining factor in their run-offense efficiency (if not proficiency) from the halfbacks.

I agree that his being mobile is something additional for the defense to account for. What I disagree on is how much more valuable that is to the team than someone who can whip the ball around accurately &/or in big chunks on more than a once-in-a-while basis. Some QB's do that. But the ones that are REALLY dangerous in that mold are those that are unpredictable with their feet & can really torch you with their arms: Young, Cunningham, Flutie for a little bit, Garcia, McNabb for a while, and I'm sure a bunch of others in the past decade-ish that I'm just not thinking of.

POTW nom.

Reggie Bush so far ve Houston

10 carries - 8 yards

MJD vs San Diego

8 carries - 27 yards TD add to that some great short yardage conversions

Jones Drew is so much better than Bush it's unbeliveable. This thread is a joke, Bush is a WR playing RB. Playing badly too.

reggie's not entitled to a bad week?

btw mjd running today 12 for 33

reggie 15 34

recieving though, reggie had 70 yards mjd 4

last year Vince Young was the difference in 3-4 games

this year he's got a better D behind him but NOBODY, and i mean NOBODY to distribute the ball to. Lendale White as your feature back? Yikes.

Young needs a WR in the first round next year

reggie's not entitled to a bad week?

btw mjd running today 12 for 33

reggie 15 34

recieving though, reggie had 70 yards mjd 4

Not entitled to a bad week?? He's been terrible all season long!!!

I already pointed out that MJD's average took a big hit due to his carries on short yardage, which he was excellent on. BTW it's the points that matter. Those crappy dump-offs vs a prevent D made Reg look better than he was.

He's overated, he can't run the football. Accept it.

Reggie is a *****. A WR that if he continues as a RB will be out in 2 years. VY is a HORRIBLE QB, if Billy Volek got the job, the Titans would be a lot better, if Leinart went there, they would really have potential, VY was just a spark in the flashpan, all burned out now. 5 years from now, he'll be salting french fries.

if that was a joke it wasn't that good

if it was not a joke then lol

atlanta did a bad job with those picks

White has already set career highs in receptions and yards this season without Vick.

It's not like the Falcons replaced Vick with John Elway. They have Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich.

Are the Falcons receivers all-pros? **** no. Are they as horrible as they looked whenever Vick was the QB? Another **** no.

BTW, those talentless Titans receivers didn't look so bad when Kerry Collins was behind center.

Archived