So when does Nugent get added to the list?

AVM

You know, the list of players that are absolute busts? It's his 3rd season, and as of right now he's 29th in the league in FG accuracy, 28th if you take Scobee out(who's only attempted, and made one kick).

I'm tired of the excuses that "well Chad should have gotten him closer" or "Mangini and Schott's play calling put him in impossible situations". Who cares if he was picked in the 2nd round or an undrafted FA, he misses kicks, and regardless of whether the game is thrown away later or not, they are points we always need.

And before anyone says most of these are 50+, he's missed 2 from 50+, 2 from 40-49, and 1 from 30-39. He's 26th in the league in % from 40-49, at 50%, and everyone behind him you'll notice are either scrubs, or the older guys who's leg strength has gone away.

Mike Nugent is a scrub, and we can pick up a better FA after the draft next year. Thats a fact.

I wouldn't cut him, but he is unquestionably a bust.

A second round kicker should be absolutely automatic from under 50 yards and he should make more than half of his 50+ yarders.

You can get UDFAs that do what Nugent does. Janikowski blows, but at least he has a cannon. He had the distance from 64 today, but it hit off the upright. Nugent doesn't even have the distance from 54 and that's a massive problem.

I wouldn't cut him, but he is unquestionably a bust.

A second round kicker should be absolutely automatic from under 50 yards and he should make more than half of his 50+ yarders.

You can get UDFAs that do what Nugent does. Janikowski blows, but at least he has a cannon. He had the distance from 64 today, but it hit off the upright. Nugent doesn't even have the distance from 54 and that's a massive problem.

Agreed on all counts. We could get Nuge type production on the Waiver wire.

That guy the skins had was automatic and he came out of nowhere.

That guy might not have a strong leg, but at least you know when you're in his "range" he'll make it most likely(at least he did today). Nugent goes and makes outrageous FG's in training camp, then cant make 45 yarders in game.

Starting to remind me of that WR we had a few years ago that caught everything in training camp, but was a complete bust afterwards--i think he ended up with Tampa for a while, dont remember.

It was always a stupid dsicion to draft a kicker so high. Very few are sure things.

Most of the best kickers in the league come out of nowhere. Bironis, Viniateri etc.

Nuge isnt the worst in the league but he's definetly a bust,

2nd rounder???? Thats ridiculous!!!!

Archived