Kid Clemens keeps our D off field more with his Time of Possesion edge

SouthernJet

Clemens ability to moce team more allows us to keep our SuttonsMutton D off the field.

In only his 2nd start the Kid gave us our 2nd best Time of Possesion this season.

NE 26:51

Balt 28:55

Mia 31:50

Buff 27:44

Giants 26:15

Phil 28:04

Cincy 26:06

Buff 27:29

Wash 31:04

Notice the 3 highest Time of possions for season,,Miami win at home (0-8 team at our stadium) and at Balt and at home vs Washington. Two of three games are Clemens two starts. And by the way, Wash, #10 overall NFL defense and Balt. #2 overall D. This kid will give our D less playing time as he keeps our offenmse on field more.

yep

clemens looked poised

makes me more mad that out Vagina took so long to play him

you cant emphasize enough how Clemens controlls the offense in a totally differnt way and doesnt allow D's to shorten field with us.

Anything that keeps our D off field is a good thing..

it's amazing isn't it DM? I mean at this point the only guys I want to see playing for the Jets next year are:

David Harris

Kerry Rhodes

Kenyon Coleman and

Darrell Revis

Agree, SFJ. What in the world happened to BThomas and Hobson? Here are two young guys, who started to come on in a new defense last year (and a new position for BT), and, as far as I know, are both healthy. They have both been so bad this year, it is unbelievable. I really have never seen anything like it. On top of that, Rhoades kind of falls into the same category (although much less so, he is merely good this year after being great last year - maybe he is just affected by everyone else), Ellis looks like he is turning 40 instead of 30, Dyson is suddenly worthless after being the most dependable CB last year, and even DRob, who we all know is not an ideal NT, played much better last year than this and he is still young. The defense is really hard to figure.

In fairness the time of possesion included an overtime period.

Even so with that defence it is crucial that Clemens can sustain and finish drives. With some more experience I feel he should definetly be able to do that consistently.

you are right,,regulation would have made it 29:23,,STILL the 3rd best time of year,,so even talking OT into account, Clemens still owns 2 of top 3 Time of Psseions thi syear, agfainst 2 top 10 defenses AND in his ONLY 2 Starts to boot,,

NE 26:51

Balt 28:55

Mia 31:50

Buff 27:44

Giants 26:15

Phil 28:04

Cincy 26:06

Buff 27:29

Wash 31:04 (29:23 in Regulation)

you cant emphasize enough how Clemens controlls the offense in a totally differnt way and doesnt allow D's to shorten field with us.

Anything that keeps our D off field is a good thing..

How do you get this?

I saw safeties blitzing all day, not concerned about anyone beating them deep.

I didn't see any long passes down the field. The long gainers were all catch and run plays.

With the exception of the outs which definitely had more zip on them, and the mobility factor, was there any difference in the game plan from prior games? Didn't look like it to me.

Look, I think Clemens played well, showed presence, and was generally more effective. But the reality is that the offense scored 13 points. We have good players on O, but no game-breakers, and until we do, defenses are still going to roll up against us.

How do you get this?

I saw safeties blitzing all day, not concerned about anyone beating them deep.

I didn't see any long passes down the field. The long gainers were all catch and run plays.

With the exception of the outs which definitely had more zip on them, and the mobility factor, was there any difference in the game plan from prior games? Didn't look like it to me.

Look, I think Clemens played well, showed presence, and was generally more effective. But the reality is that the offense scored 13 points. We have good players on O, but no game-breakers, and until we do, defenses are still going to roll up against us.

1st they were trying to rattle a young qb with blitzes,,and 2nd we dont have a deep game no matter who is in there due to no deep speed,,

long for us is the 20 yard posts which were non existent with chad,,but KC threw yesterday..

one step at atime,,

chansi stuckey was going to be deep threat this year until hurt

Archived