Audiogate!!

Alk

:rl:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEAGUE LOOKING INTO CROWD NOISE PHENOMENON AT RCA DOME

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league is looking into the strange audio phenomenon that occurred near the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday between the Patriots at the Colts.

As explained by some Internet hack on SportingNews.com, the crowd noise made a strange vibrating sound (and then got considerably quieter) in the middle of a New England offensive play.

The audio is right here. (And to prove that we didn't doctor it, the same phenomenon can be heard at the 2:23 mark of the highlight package on NFL.com.)

they must have learned that from the Nets and John Calipari ha ha

You should listen to it on the video. It's terrible. Milli Vanilli like. The commentators are just talking away and all of the sudden the crowd starts to stutter simultaneously. :lol:

Alk--did the pats lose communications on sidelines??

Polian needs to hire those MIT grads;)

:rl: You can't make this stuff up.

November 5, 2007

Bill's follow-up

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick held his Monday press conference today at Gillette Stadium (11:45 a.m.) and two points he made stood out:

# WR Troy Brown, who in on the physically unable to perform list, will have the clock started this week. That means Brown will have a 21-day window before the Patriots must decide whether to place him on injured reserve or on the 53-man active roster.

# Belichick said the Patriots operated without their coach-to-quarterback communication system for most of Sunday's game. He said it was unusual for that to happen and that the team went to a system in which they were signaling plays into Tom Brady.

:rl: You can't make this stuff up.

November 5, 2007

Bill's follow-up

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick held his Monday press conference today at Gillette Stadium (11:45 a.m.) and two points he made stood out:

# WR Troy Brown, who in on the physically unable to perform list, will have the clock started this week. That means Brown will have a 21-day window before the Patriots must decide whether to place him on injured reserve or on the 53-man active roster.

# Belichick said the Patriots operated without their coach-to-quarterback communication system for most of Sunday's game. He said it was unusual for that to happen and that the team went to a system in which they were signaling plays into Tom Brady.

It would downright shameful if my boy, Troy, doesn't play in what will almost certainly be his last season before he retires.

The Colts "cheat?" Whaaaa???? No way! Dungy is Jesus, man!

:rl:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEAGUE LOOKING INTO CROWD NOISE PHENOMENON AT RCA DOME

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league is looking into the strange audio phenomenon that occurred near the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday between the Patriots at the Colts.

As explained by some Internet hack on SportingNews.com, the crowd noise made a strange vibrating sound (and then got considerably quieter) in the middle of a New England offensive play.

The audio is right here. (And to prove that we didn't doctor it, the same phenomenon can be heard at the 2:23 mark of the highlight package on NFL.com.)

They've done this before. Pittsburgh done the same thing 2 years ago IIRC.

I'd like to hear from someone who was at the game and see if that stuttering took place. It could be an issue with the microphone for crowd noise and they turned it off.

Jets used to have a crowd mike above our section before they built the pressbox in the sky. And every once in a while they would turn off the mike because of excessive cursing.... when I was in college I heard my dad quite a few times screaming......

But i think they did pipe in crowd noise. and f*ck with the pats audio. Colts have to cheat to beat the Pats.

I'd like to hear from someone who was at the game and see if that stuttering took place. It could be an issue with the microphone for crowd noise and they turned it off.

Jets used to have a crowd mike above our section before they built the pressbox in the sky. And every once in a while they would turn off the mike because of excessive cursing.... when I was in college I heard my dad quite a few times screaming......

But i think they did pipe in crowd noise. and f*ck with the pats audio. Colts have to cheat to beat the Pats.

From what I read, Kraft was at the game and actually left the booth to complain after it happened so he evidentally heard something.

All this little baby - run to the authorties - stuff is so disgusting to me. Little spoiled brat Jonathan Kraft runs to the NFL - fer 'crissakes, you won the game. Bring the evidence to the commish in the off-season. Clearly a "see, everyone does stuff to gain a competitive advantage (duh) so if the Pats are vilified for it, so should the Colts" move. Makes him kind of wuss. Everyone knows that the Colts are underhanded - that the well-cultivated "good guys" rep is just that...cultivated.

I just think it's all kind of stupid.

I'm more curious as to what Brady was complaining about at the end of the game when he was taking a knee. On the next to last knee, after he took the knee, he looked like he was pretty animated towards one of the refs. Not sure if it was directed at a Colts player or the ref, but I thought it was being directed at the ref.

Colts cleared of cheating against Patriots

BY BOB GLAUBER |bob.glauber@newsday.com2:17 PM EST, November 5, 2007

Newsday has learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

According to a report on Yahoo.com, the NFL opened an investigationg after the Patriots complained of loud noise in the RCA Dome during Sunday's matchup of undefeated teams in Indianapolis.

The accusations were apparently made after some observed a "skip" in the sound during the game, which New England won, 24-20.

The Patriots have already been on the opposite end of their own cheating scandal this year, when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell found that they had illegally taped hand signals on the Jets sideline during the teams' Week 1 matchup. Head coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 and forced to forfeit a draft pick as punishment.

More articles

Copyright © 2007, Newsday Inc.

I'm more curious as to what Brady was complaining about at the end of the game when he was taking a knee. On the next to last knee, after he took the knee, he looked like he was pretty animated towards one of the refs. Not sure if it was directed at a Colts player or the ref, but I thought it was being directed at the ref.

It's being reported that he and Welker gave the Ref's an earful regarding the way they called the entire game - no indication on what was said - just that it was voicing displeasure at the ref's calls and that Indy was simulating snap counts or something???? - which is illegal?????.....something like that.

Colts cleared of cheating against Patriots

BY BOB GLAUBER |bob.glauber@newsday.com2:17 PM EST, November 5, 2007

Newsday has learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

According to a report on Yahoo.com, the NFL opened an investigationg after the Patriots complained of loud noise in the RCA Dome during Sunday's matchup of undefeated teams in Indianapolis.

The accusations were apparently made after some observed a "skip" in the sound during the game, which New England won, 24-20.

The Patriots have already been on the opposite end of their own cheating scandal this year, when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell found that they had illegally taped hand signals on the Jets sideline during the teams' Week 1 matchup. Head coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 and forced to forfeit a draft pick as punishment.

More articles

Copyright

Sorry to hear that. It would have been hilarious to find out that they were pulling that crap and still lost. :lol: It's still odd that it was only the crowd that was affected. The commentators didn't seem to miss a beat.

The networks put mikes in the crowd, as well. You could really tell the difference while the Division Series were on TBS.

It's being reported that he and Welker gave the Ref's an earful regarding the way they called the entire game - no indication on what was said - just that it was voicing displeasure at the ref's calls and that Indy was simulating snap counts or something???? - which is illegal?????.....something like that.

Oh, you mean actually calling penalties on NE when they did something wrong? Why would a ref ever do that? Everything is all peachy when things are going well for Brady, but God forbid the team has to work for a win this year...lol.

Oh, you mean actually calling penalties on NE when they did something wrong? Why would a ref ever do that? Everything is all peachy when things are going well for Brady, but God forbid the team has to work for a win this year...lol.

Yup, the PI on Hobbs was clearly a good call. LOL!!!

Actually, because of the assholiness of the Pats' HC, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs let some things slide for their opponents. After all, most games, the Pats always seem to get a lot of the lucky bounces (that fumble landing right in Colvin's arms...talk about luck...lol) or not have calls go against them. They finally have a game where things don't go their way, penalty-wise, and Brady feels the need to throw a tantrum about it. Real classy :)

Actually, because of the assholiness of the Pats' HC, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs let some things slide for their opponents. After all, most games, the Pats always seem to get a lot of the lucky bounces (that fumble landing right in Colvin's arms...talk about luck...lol) or not have calls go against them. They finally have a game where things don't go their way, penalty-wise, and Brady feels the need to throw a tantrum about it. Real classy :)

Yup, those unclassy, evil Pats. Don't yah just hate 'em?

CBS TAKES BLAME FOR SOUND GLITCH

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that CBS has taken responsibility for the bizarre sound glitch that has prompted speculation that the Colts were caught red-handed in the act of piping phony crowd noise into the RCA Dome.

Per Schefter, the vibrating sound as the Pats were driving at the start of the fourth quarter was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck. Schefter says that the sound could not be heard in the stadium.

We've spoken to some radio folks who also believe that the phenomenon was not the result of a glitch during the use of artificial crowd noise.

Oh well. Controversy is a lot juicier. But even when the truth isn't sexy, we've still got to respect it.

Yep, beat me to it. PFT is such a shoddy rag, how do you not check up on that before writing that piece? The PFT article makes it sound like it happened in the stadium, when it clearly did not.

As for the headpieces, haha that has happened so many times in the past to the Colts as well, so the Pats are in no position to claim cheating on that. Either the pats have been cheating with that in the past, or it's just something that happens sometimes. You deal with it the way the Pats did by having your QB run to the sidelines between plays, like it was done in the old days. The defense can't do that and that's why it needs signals, since the offense can just snap the ball whenever. I think defenses should get the headpieces too though so that dcs can call plays into the MLB.

Brady gets bitchy when he doesn't get phantom calls too. On 3rd and 15 he throws a 5 yard pass that was cleanly defended, and then he goes ape**** demanding a flag. Give me a break. First of all, they should change the rule when it is clear the play wouldn't get a first down anyway, secondly that is one of the dumbest, least sportsmanlike things I've ever seen in my life. Brady is not a competitor at all. Competitors want to go in and beat teams on a level playing field. This guy just wants wins handed to him. What a scrawny bitch.

Brady gets bitchy when he doesn't get phantom calls too. On 3rd and 15 he throws a 5 yard pass that was cleanly defended, and then he goes ape**** demanding a flag. Give me a break. First of all, they should change the rule when it is clear the play wouldn't get a first down anyway, secondly that is one of the dumbest, least sportsmanlike things I've ever seen in my life. Brady is not a competitor at all. Competitors want to go in and beat teams on a level playing field. This guy just wants wins handed to him. What a scrawny bitch.

Like the song said, where's Kimo when you need him????;-)

Just kiddin, but cue the Pat fans to go crazy.LOL

Hate is such a weak word!!!!!!!;-)

Fine. How about I despise the Pats with every fiber of my being, and hope that Bellichick and Brady get some new, uncurable STD, from sleeping with...each other.

Is that better? ;)

Archived