I already cant wait for next season...

It's sad-But true.

Next season Kellen Clemens will have a full season to help turn this Jets team around.

We may be in position to draft a play-maker for this Offense...

Maybe... Just maybe E.Mangini will go out and get this Jets team what we really need on D... A Damn NT.

It's sad that I feel like this, but we are 1-8 and it's sad because we have alot of talent on this Jets team... But the trenches (Offense and defense are both BAD)

It's sad-But true.

Next season Kellen Clemens will have a full season to help turn this Jets team around.

Maybe... Just maybe E.Mangini will go out and get this Jets team what we really need on D... A Damn NT.

It's sad that I feel like this, but we are 1-8 and it's sad because we have alot of talent on this Jets team... But the trenches (Offense and defense are both BAD)

2009 is the beginning of our era.

Book it.

I explained why in the thread I made last night, but I forgot to mention that we'll be able to use the cap currently being spent on players such as Vilma, Drob, and Pennington on other players to help our team once their contracts run out or theyre traded.

Book it.

I explained why in the thread I made last night, but I forgot to mention that we'll be able to use the cap currently being spent on players such as Vilma, Drob, and Pennington on other players to help our team once their contracts run out or theyre traded.

It just pisses me off how the Jets never go after big name players such as A.Thomas when Mangini is running a "3-4" Defense.... I really hope that we go after T.Suggs this offseason... Thats a player who would fit in perfect with Harris

It just pisses me off how the Jets never go after big name players such as A.Thomas when Mangini is running a "3-4" Defense.... I really hope that we go after T.Suggs this offseason... Thats a player who would fit in perfect with Harris

The signals coming out of Baltimore are that Suggs will re-sign with the Ravens.

NT is our primary need, it is a true requirement for this defence to work. If we're are in a position to tkae Mcfadden though I have to admit I would want us to take him. He really will be a gamebreaker IMO. Something this offence hasnt had in a while.

The o-line really worries me, which sucks considering we spent two first round picks on o-lineman in 2006. Mangold worked out great, D'Brick is coming around (he's still a little inconsistent), but the rest of of the line is more porous than the US-Mexico border.

We'll see.

We're probably going to package Vilma and Pennington, maybe in the same deal.

Lets see who/what we can get out of that.

Terrell Suggs would be a perfect fit for our defense and would be a great addition if we can lock him up for 3-5 years.

My thinking so far is that we'll end up with a top 5 pick due to our record and hopefully a late 1st for vilma and penny.

If we do trade those two and get a late 1st, we can sign Suggs and go after an OT/OG with our late 1st and early 2nd and draft the best available player with our top 5 pick.

We'll see though.

The o-line really worries me, which sucks considering we spent two first round picks on o-lineman in 2006. Mangold worked out great, D'Brick is coming around (he's still a little inconsistent), but the rest of of the line is more porous than the US-Mexico border.

I agree... Mangold and Ferguson are the only 2-O-Lineman on this Jets team who should stick around...

But the D-Line is even worse in my eyes.

It's sad-But true.

aren't u going to latvia

I would be shocked if we don't get a player like suggs. I'm not saying we will get suggs, but it better be an impact player specifically to run mangini's defense.

The signals coming out of Baltimore are that Suggs will re-sign with the Ravens.

NT is our primary need, it is a true requirement for this defence to work. If we're are in a position to tkae Mcfadden though I have to admit I would want us to take him. He really will be a gamebreaker IMO. Something this offence hasnt had in a while.

Considering there probably wont be any NT's coming out prior to round 3, definately take another position.

We'll see.

We're probably going to package Vilma and Pennington, maybe in the same deal.

Lets see who/what we can get out of that.

My thinking so far is that we'll end up with a top 5 pick due to our record and hopefully a late 1st for vilma and penny.

Why does everyone think you're going to get anything of value for these two? Vilma has a knee injury, significantly decreasing his trade value. And if the other teams know you have to move them, you're not going to get much.

The odds of moving them in the same deal are slim and none.

You might get a 3rd rounder for Vilma, less for Chad. At that would be a best-case scenario, probably.

I agree... Mangold and Ferguson are the only 2-O-Lineman on this Jets team who should stick around...

But the D-Line is even worse in my eyes.

I like Moore as well.

Clement and Clark however need to be replaced, and fast.

I was looking a while ago and I realized that this upcoming draft is really deep at OL, a lot of good players especially at the OT and OG positions, which is what we need most.

Unfortunately its a very weak draft for DL.

I dont know which DL are becoming FA's this year, but my feeling is that we'll wait until next offseason to adress the DL as I believe both DRob and Ellis will no longer be under contract then...

Yea... I know... And as a Jets fan... I cant wait till next season.... And no... The start of next season is not a year and a half... Its actually less than a year away

Well the good thing is we will have a weak schedule next season, just how we like it.

Why does everyone think you're going to get anything of value for these two? Vilma has a knee injury, significantly decreasing his trade value. And if the other teams know you have to move them, you're not going to get much.

The odds of moving them in the same deal are slim and none.

You might get a 3rd rounder for Vilma, less for Chad. At that would be a best-case scenario, probably.

I say we can get a 1st for Vilma if we shop him right.

There are a lot of 4-3 teams out there lacking a good MLB and Vilma would be a perfect fit.

Demand a 2nd or higher and eventually someone will bite.

If we can get a 5th/4th for PK we can get at least a 2nd for Vilma IMO.

Well the good thing is we will have a weak schedule next season, just how we like it.

Not necessarily.

Only two opponents per year are determined based on record... The rest are division games (6) and rotations between AFC (1 division-4 games) and NFC (1 division- 4 games) divisions.

Book it.

Why do you think they will do anything with the cap being used on Vilma (not much) DRob and Pennington to "help our team"? They aren't using the $10M they have left over this year and yes, that includes the $1M they wouldn't give Kendall.

Why do you think they will do anything with the cap being used on Vilma (not much) DRob and Pennington to "help our team"? They aren't using the $10M they have left over this year and yes, that includes the $1M they wouldn't give Kendall.

Because they have to.

When Drob, Vilma, and Penny leave they have to be replaced by somebody.

Because they have to.

When Drob, Vilma, and Penny leave they have to be replaced by somebody.

Like Mosely, Kassell and Tui? Aside from mildly overpaying for Kenyon Coleman, they have not shown ANY desire to spend. I'm hoping they were saving up to make a big splash, but I'm not holding my breath. Why do you think they will replace those players with anything decent? They replaced Kendall with trash.

Not necessarily.

Only two opponents per year are determined based on record... The rest are division games (6) and rotations between AFC (1 division-4 games) and NFC (1 division- 4 games) divisions.

It was meant as a joke. ;)

I didnt buy into the harder schedule this year thing, either.

Like Mosely, Kassell and Tui? Aside from mildly overpaying for Kenyon Coleman, they have not shown ANY desire to spend. I'm hoping they were saving up to make a big splash, but I'm not holding my breath. Why do you think they will replace those players with anything decent? They replaced Kendall with trash.

The Jets haven't replaced Kendall. Clarke wasn't signed to replace Kendall, he was signed as a future reserve. After the Kendall trade, I would have signed the Guard that the Ravens released. He was younger than Kendall and made less money and came out of a system similiar to the one the Jets are trying to build. We could have signed him gave him a bump in salary and still be below what Kendall was making, let alone due. But, I'm not the Head Coach. Naturally, they hadn't planned on going 1-9 and I guess they figure that saving any money towards next years cap is better than signing a guard to replace Kendall this season. They know that one guard is not the answer to this losing season so far. Next year will not get us to the top of the mountain, but it should bring stronger hooks and ropes which will help our hikers climb if they listen to the Guide.

Archived