The NFL is as disenchanting now as it's ever been

nj meadowlands

Can anyone else not even stand to flip on NFL Live, hear the NFL news, or go to the NFL sections on sports websites because of the way that 2007 is going?

The 2007 New England Patriots -- easily the LEAST charming football team ever assembled, is also the BEST football team ever assembled. This compilation of scumbags, headed up and coached by the biggest scumbag of all, will not be stopped. And now all we have to hear is the half-hearted media slurping of this team, who clearly doesn't want to be praising them at all. It is beyond sickening -- it's made me not pay attention to anything outside of the (MISERABLE) New York Jets.

Adding this to a 2007 Red Sox World Series is as disheartening as it gets. Especially as a fan of this franchise.

Can anyone else not even stand to flip on NFL Live, hear the NFL news, or go to the NFL sections on sports websites because of the way that 2007 is going?

The 2007 New England Patriots -- easily the LEAST charming football team ever assembled, is also the BEST football team ever assembled. This compilation of scumbags, headed up and coached by the biggest scumbag of all, will not be stopped. And now all we have to hear is the half-hearted media slurping of this team, who clearly doesn't want to be praising them at all. It is beyond sickening -- it's made me not pay attention to anything outside of the (MISERABLE) New York Jets.

Adding this to a 2007 Red Sox World Series is as disheartening as it gets. Especially as a fan of this franchise.

I hear ya!! NFL network on satalite too! I can't stand it, rather not listen or watch!!

The 2007 New England Patriots -- easily the LEAST charming football team ever assembled, is also the BEST football team ever assembled.

I don't agree. There have been WAY BETTER teams throughout the history of the NFL, many of them have never won a SB. The Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith Bills are one of them.

What the Pat's are, is a very well coached team competing against disorganized teams, poorly coached teams, and badly managed teams. It's not that the Pats are so good (historically speaking) it's just that they are head and tails above the rest of the mediocre league. And yes, it does suck, year after year after year, watching this. Bellichick is a creep, but he takes guys like Wes Welker and turns them into players. Would the Pats be undefeated right now without Randy Moss? I doubt it, but even without Moss they would still be on their way to (another) the SB.

It sucks, but what can you do? Jetcane can attest to it 'cos we had a PM conversation back in August, and I told him I lost interest then. I saw this coming, and I made the analogy about the Bulls in the NBA.

It just gets boring and repetitious watching the same f'n guy, over and over and over again. And I'm not trying to open a can of worms here but now you Yankee fans have a pretty good idea what the rest of the country thinks about the Yankees, because what you are experiencing with the Pats (for a much shorter period of time, I may add) is what non- Yankee fans go through every year watching the Yanks beat up on the rest of the league.

Meh.

It is what it is. You just have to laugh and throw peanuts.

I don't agree. There have been WAY BETTER teams throughout the history of the NFL, many of them have never won a SB. The Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith Bills are one of them.

What the Pat's are, is a very well coached team competing against disorganized teams, poorly coached teams, and badly managed teams. It's not that the Pats are so good (historically speaking) it's just that they are head and tails above the rest of the mediocre league. And yes, it does suck, year after year after year, watching this. Bellichick is a creep, but he takes guys like Wes Welker and turns them into players. Would the Pats be undefeated right now without Randy Moss? I doubt it, but even without Moss they would still be on their way to (another) the SB.

It sucks, but what can you do? Jetcane can attest to it 'cos we had a PM conversation back in August, and I told him I lost interest then. I saw this coming, and I made the analogy about the Bulls in the NBA.

It just gets boring and repetitious watching the same f'n guy, over and over and over again. And I'm not trying to open a can of worms here but now you Yankee fans have a pretty good idea what the rest of the country thinks about the Yankees, because what you are experiencing with the Pats (for a much shorter period of time, I may add) is what non- Yankee fans go through every year watching the Yanks beat up on the rest of the league.

Meh.

It is what it is. You just have to laugh and throw peanuts.

I agree... it blows. Especially with how blatantly unlikeable this Patriot team is.

I agree... it blows. Especially with how blatantly unlikeable this Patriot team is.

And not for nothing, they got caught red-handed cheating, and Goodell just swept it under the rug.

Hey, how about Detroit? Now there's a feel good story. I'm actually looking forward to watching them play on Thanksgiving. I think it will be the first time in my entire life that a Detroit Lions football game actually meant something.

And not for nothing, they got caught red-handed cheating, and Goodell just swept it under the rug.

Hey, how about Detroit? Now there's a feel good story. I'm actually looking forward to watching them play on Thanksgiving. I think it will be the first time in my entire life that a Detroit Lions football game actually meant something.

Yes, losing a first round draft pick and being fined, collectively, $750K, and having the media frenzy make a mountain out of a mole hill and basically creating this "evil" picture and manipulating the millions of disenchanted NFL fan sheep out there, sure is sweeping it under the rug - especially since every team does it in one form or another And lets not forget the man that blew the darn whistle on not only the Pats - but the entire league - your penguin. Yup, said penguin who owes his entire career to the man he gave up. Ah, there's that karma thing again....;)

Yes, losing a first round draft pick and being fined, collectively, $750K, and having the media frenzy make a mountain out of a mole hill and basically creating this "evil" picture and manipulating the millions of disenchanted NFL fan sheep out there, sure is sweeping it under the rug - especially since every team does it in one form or another And lets not forget the man that blew the darn whistle on not only the Pats - but the entire league - your penguin. Yup, said penguin who owes his entire career to the man he gave up. Ah, there's that karma thing again....;)

:indifferent0023:

:indifferent0023:

ah, Jetmo, you're a good guy. You love your team. That's cool in my book. A real fan loves there team when it's good, bad and ugly. I've been there for all three myself. I'm enjoying the "good" while it lasts 'cause it won't be forever.

Archived