Was schedule that much harder this year

afosomf

My original projection for this team was 7-9... 8-8 ish due to much harder schedule.. but in hindsight was it really that much tougher?

Ravens are pitiful

Iggles are terrible

Gints game the game away

Beengals blow donkey d1ck

Skins another gift from gods

So if we take last season and team , and we were to be improved with addition of Harris/Revis/TJ/Kenyon Coleman

Meanwhile Pats also made improvements....Moss/welker/Thomas/Stallworth

Are there really any excuses for EM? Can't say injuries.. can we?

This is called ruination of a team and franchise and could set us back 2 or 3 more years. Was mangini just lucky last year? Can this Mumbles wanna be

actually coach? We know he kills his team in TC and in the end he will not attract FA's. He throws players under bus every week.

You all know my opinion...Cut bait and find a real coach and FO?

Are you really happy with this mess, since the pats will dominate us for at least 3 more years, pray that moss doesn't get extended....

No.

That is why all this talk about how tough a schedule is is hogwash.

Bad teams let mistakes kill them. That is what this team has been all about this year. Other than the Pats game, the Jets have been in every game they just have not made the plays this year that they were making last year.

This season so far has alot of 1996. Jets jump out to a lead, Jets blow lead, Jets have chance to win but make the critical mistake.

That is exactly what this team has done this year.

My original projection for this team was 7-9... 8-8 ish due to much harder schedule.. but in hindsight was it really that much tougher?

Ravens are pitiful

Iggles are terrible

Gints game the game away

Beengals blow donkey d1ck

Skins another gift from gods

So if we take last season and team , and we were to be improved with addition of Harris/Revis/TJ/Kenyon Coleman

Meanwhile Pats also made improvements....Moss/welker/Thomas/Stallworth

Are there really any excuses for EM? Can't say injuries.. can we?

This is called ruination of a team and franchise and could set us back 2 or 3 more years. Was mangini just lucky last year? Can this Mumbles wanna be

actually coach? We know he kills his team in TC and in the end he will not attract FA's. He throws players under bus every week.

You all know my opinion...Cut bait and find a real coach and FO?

Are you really happy with this mess, since the pats will dominate us for at least 3 more years, pray that moss doesn't get extended....

I call bull****. The team was improved. There aren't any excuses, but that doesn't matter. You don't cut bait, you ride the storm. If they ever believed in him they should stick with him and let him implement his program. The "ruination of a team and franchise"? Give me a ****ing break. They had the fourth pick in the draft because they ****ing sucked. From that team they lost their QB, HOF candidate RB and BY far top defensive player. They also cut a pro bowl C because he was old and mouthing off. Why did you expect them to be good? Sure they are way below where they should be now, but they were way ahead last year.

Are the Jets suddenly better than the Pats if the Chin takes over? I don't think so. The Pats were almost a TD favorite over the undefeated super bowl champs. On the road. There are 31 other teams wondering how the hell anybody is going to beat the Pats. I'm more worried about why we can't beat the Buffalo Bills of the world.

I call bull****. The team was improved. There aren't any excuses, but that doesn't matter. You don't cut bait, you ride the storm. If they ever believed in him they should stick with him and let him implement his program. The "ruination of a team and franchise"? Give me a ****ing break. They had the fourth pick in the draft because they ****ing sucked. From that team they lost their QB, HOF candidate RB and BY far top defensive player. They also cut a pro bowl C because he was old and mouthing off. Why did you expect them to be good? Sure they are way below where they should be now, but they were way ahead last year.

Are the Jets suddenly better than the Pats if the Chin takes over? I don't think so. The Pats were almost a TD favorite over the undefeated super bowl champs. On the road. There are 31 other teams wondering how the hell anybody is going to beat the Pats. I'm more worried about why we can't beat the Buffalo Bills of the world.

i am talking from last year's team, not 2 years ago.. We were 10-6 and had

easy so called schedule, we did improve this 10-6 team? Didn't we?

i am talking from last year's team, not 2 years ago.. We were 10-6 and had

easy so called schedule, we did improve this 10-6 team? Didn't we?

Actually, yes. On paper I think we did. Kendall and Askew were the only losses and there may have only been about two of us that thought Kendall wassignificant. They added plenty of solid players, but no studs in their prime.

I'm not a big fan of the schedule as an excuse. I wasn't during the offseason when everybody was playing it up. Take one game at a time. There has been only one that they were out of, they need some breaks and better play calls. IMO, they weren't really a 10-6 team then and they aren't really a 1-8 team now. Yes, I know you are what you are, I'm just saying the 10-6 was done with smoke and mirrors and this year it's going the other way. I think the team is actually closer to being a contender than it was last year.

In either event, I feel Mangini deserves this year and next to be fully evaluated. I don't say this because I particularly like him or his philosphy, but because when you choose a young coach that is making a concerted effort to change the entire culture of a team he deserves a chance to fully implement his system. I think three years should be enough to determine if we are headed in the right direction. The real problem will be if we win 3 or so this year and go 6-10 next year, then what do you do? I think it depends on the kind of 6-10 and whether the team sticks together. I think they've hung together pretty well for a one win team, but if they start pulling in opposite directions then I could see cutting him loose sooner.

Actually, yes. On paper I think we did. Kendall and Askew were the only losses and there may have only been about two of us that thought Kendall wassignificant. They added plenty of solid players, but no studs in their prime.

I'm not a big fan of the schedule as an excuse. I wasn't during the offseason when everybody was playing it up. Take one game at a time. There has been only one that they were out of, they need some breaks and better play calls. IMO, they weren't really a 10-6 team then and they aren't really a 1-8 team now. Yes, I know you are what you are, I'm just saying the 10-6 was done with smoke and mirrors and this year it's going the other way. I think the team is actually closer to being a contender than it was last year.

In either event, I feel Mangini deserves this year and next to be fully evaluated. I don't say this because I particularly like him or his philosphy, but because when you choose a young coach that is making a concerted effort to change the entire culture of a team he deserves a chance to fully implement his system. I think three years should be enough to determine if we are headed in the right direction. The real problem will be if we win 3 or so this year and go 6-10 next year, then what do you do? I think it depends on the kind of 6-10 and whether the team sticks together. I think they've hung together pretty well for a one win team, but if they start pulling in opposite directions then I could see cutting him loose sooner.

i would normally say yes to 3 years, but with Cowher on sideline....

I would make him an offer he can;t refuse.

I have lost confidence in his stubborness and his ability to coach a D

He was suppose to be a defensive whiz kid? Maybe Mumbles did all the

adjustments in Ma$$hole

yes the schedule has been brutal

even the so called 'easy' games weren't easy

for example

the eagles were coming off a bye, andy reid is 10-0 off of byes

the bills were winless at home just a few weeks removed from the kevin everett thing

the bengals were also struggling at home AND coming off a bye

and even then every single game except for the Pats (which really got the season off to a great start) was winable or tieable in the 4th quarter.

it's convenient to say everyone in the league sucks and the Jets should be better but the schedule makers did this team no favors

mark my words - next year with marginal personnel changes and a non-playoff schedule they will be a playoff team again.

i would normally say yes to 3 years, but with Cowher on sideline....

I would make him an offer he can;t refuse.

I have lost confidence in his stubborness and his ability to coach a D

He was suppose to be a defensive whiz kid? Maybe Mumbles did all the

adjustments in Ma$$hole

I can no longer read you're pathetic posts asmof. Eric Mangini is the head coach. the team isn't playing well. Please save you're fire mangini rants til after the season. every friggin post I read of yours is doom & gloom & fire hc. we get it and many of us don't agree with you.

I can no longer read you're pathetic posts asmof. Eric Mangini is the head coach. the team isn't playing well. Please save you're fire mangini rants til after the season. every friggin post I read of yours is doom & gloom & fire hc. we get it and many of us don't agree with you.

Then don't read them.. put me on your blacklist..whatever rocks your boat;)

Have a shrimp off the barbie on me..send bill to max

yes the schedule has been brutal

even the so called 'easy' games weren't easy

for example

the eagles were coming off a bye, andy reid is 10-0 off of byes

the bills were winless at home just a few weeks removed from the kevin everett thing

the bengals were also struggling at home AND coming off a bye

and even then every single game except for the Pats (which really got the season off to a great start) was winable or tieable in the 4th quarter.

it's convenient to say everyone in the league sucks and the Jets should be better but the schedule makers did this team no favors

mark my words - next year with marginal personnel changes and a non-playoff schedule they will be a playoff team again.

UMM last i looked we play the bills 2X a year and yes and they are very beatable

Beengals blow only our D keeps them from last place in ratings..We are there

Mississippi.

Iggles are a mess and i could give a crap of Andy Reid, it is clear his focus

has not been on the team this year.

We are just a bad team -bottom line -the difference in winning and losing is usually pretty close in a lot of games-when you do not have the personnel the margin of error is slimmer.

Did Mangina improve this team or not? we went 10-6? was that complete luck? We had a decent draft and picked up TJ to anchor running game.

Look at rams, they have decent talent and they are 0-8, they were decimated by injuries.

We have had barely any?

We have had barely any?

Ced Houston quit (was going to be short yardage back)

Justin Miller out (#2 CB)

Chad injured his ankle week 1

E coleman concussed

Baker bad back

Vilma out

Coles out

not the rams but they've had their share of injuries

Ced Houston quit (was going to be short yardage back)

Justin Miller out (#2 CB)

Chad injured his ankle week 1

E coleman concussed

Baker bad back

Vilma out

Coles out

not the rams but they've had their share of injuries

bit --every team gets dinged up, baker and coles have missed 1 game, CP

get real!

here is 2006 schedule.. we replaced a tough jax/Indy/bears with Pitt/Dal/Gints

2006 New York Jets Schedule

Sep 10 at Tennessee - W (23-16)

Sep 17 New England - L (17-24)

Sep 24 at Buffalo - W (28-20)

Oct 1 Indianapolis - L (28-31)

Oct 8 at Jacksonville - L (0-41)

Oct 15 Miami - W (20-17)

Oct 22 Detroit - W (31-24)

Oct 29 at Cleveland - L (13-20)

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 at New England - W (17-14)

Nov 19 Chicago - L (0-10)

Nov 26 Houston - W (26-11)

Dec 3 at Green Bay - W (38-10)

Dec 10 Buffalo - L (13-31)

Dec 17 at Minnesota - W (26-13)

Dec 25 at Miami - W (13-10)

Dec 31 Oakland - W (23-3)

The reality is, if you take out the Dolphins' pitiful record, we play against some very good teams.

Washington, no matter how you want to cut it, is 5-3.

The Giants are 6-2.

Baltimore is better with Boller and of course, we got handed Boller.

New England is New England.

Philly is a team we should've beat, yes, I agree there.

Buffalo is now 4-4 and is a division opponent.

The schedule has been tougher, and its only going to get worse with 6-2 Pittsburgh, 7-1 Dallas, 5-3 Cleveland, 9-0 New England and 6-2 Tennessee left on the schedule.

bit --every team gets dinged up, baker and coles have missed 1 game, CP

get real!

Whether you think Pennington is really hurt or not, I think most people on this board will cite his poor play as the main reason for several of our losses. How many 4th quarter picks have their been? That could be from being hurt, or maybe it struck midnight and the carriage turned back into a pumpkin. I don't know.

I'd add Dyson to the injury list. I think he's been dinged since camp and I think losing his coverage ability has negated having Revis. As long as their is a bad corner on one side he'll get picked on, not matter how good the rookie does.

Nov 26 Houston - W (26-11)

Dec 3 at Green Bay - W (38-10)

Dec 10 Buffalo - L (13-31)

Dec 17 at Minnesota - W (26-13)

Dec 25 at Miami - W (13-10)

Dec 31 Oakland - W (23-3)

The last six games were the cupcake part of the schedule last season, and that is when we went 5-1.

Houston with David Carr.

Green Bay '06 is nothing like Green Bay of '07.

Minnesota didn't have Adrian Peterson and had no pass defense.

Miami -- is Miami.

Oakland, well we all know how great that '06 Raider offense was.

The reality is, if you take out the Dolphins' pitiful record, we play against some very good teams.

Washington, no matter how you want to cut it, is 5-3.

The Giants are 6-2.

Baltimore is better with Boller and of course, we got handed Boller.

New England is New England.

Philly is a team we should've beat, yes, I agree there.

Buffalo is now 4-4 and is a division opponent.

The schedule has been tougher, and its only going to get worse with 6-2 Pittsburgh, 7-1 Dallas, 5-3 Cleveland, 9-0 New England and 6-2 Tennessee left on the schedule.

Not sure you have watched Ravens play but they are pitiful and very beatable

The Gints game was given away as was jetskins.

MIA, Buff and NE are constant 2z every year

IMO the schedule was not that much harder to cause a team go from 10-6

to 3-13, with no major injuries to speak of

You can call it bad luck, you can call it lack of talent or you can call it

poor coaching

Tennessee last year was won thanks to Kerry Collins and the Titans defense playing sloppy in the first game of the season.

Do we beat New England without Jerricho Cotchery somehow coming down with a ball inbetween 2 Pats defenders in the corner of the endzone?

Just because we beat the Patriots last year one time and went 10-6 vs teams like the '06 Raiders, Texans, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings and Lions, doesn't mean that were that great of a team.

This years schedule is MUCH harder. The NFC East of '07 trumps the NFC North of '06.

Tell me, which is harder? Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Indianapolis and Jacksonville or Kansas City, Tennessee ('07), Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore? While its close, the '07 teams bring a harder match-up.

This schedule is harder than last year, and I'm not saying that this is the main reason why the Jets are 1-8, because its not. Its not a valid excuse and not even a top five or ten reason. This team is 1-5 in games decided by 7 points or less, and that is a big reason. Last year, we were 5-3 in those games.

Last year the Jets were making the plays in those games and this year they're not. Is it because we're playing against better defensive teams? Maybe, I don't know. Is it because teams figuered our Schottenheimer? Possibly. I don't know. What I do know is that this schedule is harder, but either way, we're 1-8.

Tennessee last year was won thanks to Kerry Collins and the Titans defense playing sloppy in the first game of the season.

Do we beat New England without Jerricho Cotchery somehow coming down with a ball inbetween 2 Pats defenders in the corner of the endzone?

Just because we beat the Patriots last year one time and went 10-6 vs teams like the '06 Raiders, Texans, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings and Lions, doesn't mean that were that great of a team.

This years schedule is MUCH harder. The NFC East of '07 trumps the NFC North of '06.

Tell me, which is harder? Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Indianapolis and Jacksonville or Kansas City, Tennessee ('07), Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore? While its close, the '07 teams bring a harder match-up.

This schedule is harder than last year, and I'm not saying that this is the main reason why the Jets are 1-8, because its not. Its not a valid excuse and not even a top five or ten reason. This team is 1-5 in games decided by 7 points or less, and that is a big reason. Last year, we were 5-3 in those games.

Last year the Jets were making the plays in those games and this year they're not. Is it because we're playing against better defensive teams? Maybe, I don't know. Is it because teams figuered our Schottenheimer? Possibly. I don't know. What I do know is that this schedule is harder, but either way, we're 1-8.

Not much harder at all, a liitle tougher in hindsight

everyone thinks Gints are a great team, we gave them game, they barely

beat the phins...meanwhile the iggles and skins are in the same class as last years lions/viqueens.

Archived