More observations and thoughts on the future:

PantyHose&Furs

Now that we're a few days removed from the game here are my thoughts and a few reactions to all the posters that continue to state that Tangini are fools and this team continues to resemble the same old Herm regime...

First, I'm not going to annoint Clemens as anything other than a player who's potential I really like...specifically for this team. We'd all agree that our team has played horribly this year. The defense flat out is terrible. The offense (primarily under Chad) has been boring and unexplosive. Absolutely dreadful.

Clemens possesses an ability to move around and extend plays that Chad never had. This ability to create something out of nothing will serve this team well as we do have some skill guys that can make things happen.

For this team Kellen looks like a good fit. Humble. Strong (already I've seen more guys bounce off of him than in Chad's entire Jet career). Able to improvise (finally!). And talented. Bottom line: very solid start to his career.

I've seen nothing from Leinart and Cutler to make me believe they will be better. Vince Young has a GREAT defense carrying him now. This kid Clemens just might be a long term keeper. Let's keep rooting for him as right now (with only 2 starts and on a team that can't stop anyone) he already looks to have as bright a future as all the QB's taken ahead of him. No complaints here.

As for looking like the good old day's of Herm - think about it. The core of this team came from that foolish regime. DROB, Ellis, Hobson, Coleman, Barrett, Thomas, Vilma, Barton, essentially the O and D Lines...Mangini is trying to change it (don't forget he brought in a ton of new D linemen this offseason - it just didn't work)...and I still have confidence that over time our team will improve in those areas.

Bottom Line from me: Sutton and most of defense needs to go. Build around Revis, Rhodes and Harris.

Offense: Run TJ. Play Kellen. Develop Bender.

Now that we're a few days removed from the game here are my thoughts and a few reactions to all the posters that continue to state that Tangini are fools and this team continues to resemble the same old Herm regime...

First, I'm not going to annoint Clemens as anything other than a player who's potential I really like...specifically for this team. We'd all agree that our team has played horribly this year. The defense flat out is terrible. The offense (primarily under Chad) has been boring and unexplosive. Absolutely dreadful.

Clemens possesses an ability to move around and extend plays that Chad never had. This ability to create something out of nothing will serve this team well as we do have some skill guys that can make things happen.

For this team Kellen looks like a good fit. Humble. Strong (already I've seen more guys bounce off of him than in Chad's entire Jet career). Able to improvise (finally!). And talented. Bottom line: very solid start to his career.

I've seen nothing from Leinart and Cutler to make me believe they will be better. Vince Young has a GREAT defense carrying him now. This kid Clemens just might be a long term keeper. Let's keep rooting for him as right now (with only 2 starts and on a team that can't stop anyone) he already looks to have as bright a future as all the QB's taken ahead of him. No complaints here.

As for looking like the good old day's of Herm - think about it. The core of this team came from that foolish regime. DROB, Ellis, Hobson, Coleman, Barrett, Thomas, Vilma, Barton, essentially the O and D Lines...Mangini is trying to change it (don't forget he brought in a ton of new D linemen this offseason - it just didn't work)...and I still have confidence that over time our team will improve in those areas.

Bottom Line from me: Sutton and most of defense needs to go. Build around Revis, Rhodes and Harris.

I agree with you about Clemens. I like Revis, Rhodes and Harris, but they aren't much to build around. FWIW, the only starter on the offensive line from the Herm era is Moore. Two draft picks, Clarke and, if I'm not mistaken Clement were FA pick ups by this regime. The seem to me to be attempting to build a foundation before they put the finishing touches. Like the Pats adding Moss. I don't think teams have that luxury and that we should be stockpiling talent. Not too fond of TJ and if they develop Bender by playing him now, TJ and Clemens might not last too long. He's raw.

Excellent post. Although I am very disappointed in Mangini this year, I am far from ready to throw him under the bus. Let's see how he addresses the problems in the offseason and see where this team is next year before we even consider that. There are always plenty of retreads that can be had. Let's give our youthful one some more time. And I will never be ready to call for the return of that a$$ clown Edwards.

Archived