Serious question: Is JI even viable any longer?

SouthernJet

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thai Jet is not a mod here. he was Petegee77 or something like that over at JI. a beloved friend of the late great JF16. he doesn't like Sean because he got banned over there for JI bashing over here. we let people speak their minds over here. sorry :1cry:

I have the utmost respect for you, JW. and you know that.

thanks bp. yer da best dere is too ma man

You know what's funny, I've actually met sackdance99. He's a really great guy, very nice and personable, and acts nothing at all in real life the way he does on JI. I guess it's his way of trolling, a la TX. He does get a kick out of it.

No, I think it's more the fact that if he said some of the the things at JI out in the real world his life expectancy would dip drastically.

Tit for tat? Methinks you have a short memory. Below is your compassion in action, right?

Lie to yourself, but don't lie to me.

If you look at the two posts you took there, one explains the attack, the other explains when it came. After I was repeatedly called an idiot and a moron.

The explanation is right there.

For those interested here is my take/observation of the evolution of the Jets Message Board. Feel free to add in if I missed important events in the story. I'm sure this story will feel very familiar to many here.

Circa 1999-2000:

Message boards in general were still a new idea for most. So back then there were a myriad of unorganized Jets message boards. The main one's being TGG, JetsConfidential.com (where I was posting), JetsAddicts, and JI. Now back then JI was still in it's infancy where as TGG and JC had more traffic. JI though had a good group of posters (Bob, JM, Shakin, and number of others who float around). They were the smaller bad ass group and TGG was the established site. TGG had a better interface but the posters were inferior IMO. JC also had a good core as well (GJH* (note at bottom) , MSGold, Matt...etc) then hell broke loose at that site. JC decided to start charging, but not only to read their reports but even just to post on the message board (what kind of crap is that?).

Early 2001 :

JC's board fell apart b/c of the fee. Everyone fled. Many landed at JI because of the feel of the site. It felt just how JN does now. For what you think about Sooth now, that was not such the case back then. He put a lot of the work into the site, he accepted donations but they never felt forced. There was a really friendly atmosphere there and everything felt right with the Jets Message Board world at JI. TGG was the hated site b/c their owner was a complete fascist and he had banned Sooth (I think) and many other JIers (sound familiar?). This love fest would continue for the next 2 years or so until...

Circa 2003:

Enter Max, Tom Shane, Smizzy and more...

These guys really changed the dynamic of the board. While there was joking around amongst posters, and in fact many of the original JI posters were actual tailgate buddies, the site was still mainly structured around being about New York Jets football. Then these clowns showed up. Personally at first I wasn't a big fan. I think probably because I was comfortable with how things were, but then hilarity ensued and I couldn't help but be won over (as if I'm some great prize).

This was the true beginning of the Internet Homo Jokes. They never stopped. The joke kept running until well, it never stopped. There was a paradigm shift and you could really feel the site becoming more personal for everyone even if they didn't go to the tailgates. Some great posters joined in this time and some have never returned. Unfortunately great things usually don't last that long. They had worn out their welcome at JI and decided on creating the place we all visit today.

Personally I split my time 50/50 when JN started. Because a lot of the great posters I grew to love from JI came here but still that old board felt like home. Then more and more posters who I didn't know joined Sooths site and in fact I really resented most of them/you because the site was transforming and sucking all at once. That's pretty much when I set up shop here. Occasionally I go browse over there but posting there is almost impossible. Way too many idiots that ruin the site for me. That said, I'm really glad this "merger" happened. I think JN basically took a sifter to the posters of JetsInsider and we kept the gold.

*Well many of you don't care for him or his ability to moderate, GJH always kept things interesting if nothing else. I don't agree with how he dealt with the situation but he's a die hard Jet fan and a positive contributor IMO.

I never thought I'd see you give up intelligence for the chance to keep your hard-nut persona. ;)

Shows what you know.

And you guys need to knock this name-changing crap off. My secretary is getting lightheaded from having to constantly edit the enemies list.

For those interested here is my take/observation of the evolution of the Jets Message Board. Feel free to add in if I missed important events in the story. I'm sure this story will feel very familiar to many here.

Circa 1999-2000:

Message boards in general were still a new idea for most. So back then there were a myriad of unorganized Jets message boards. The main one's being TGG, JetsConfidential.com (where I was posting), JetsAddicts, and JI. Now back then JI was still in it's infancy where as TGG and JC had more traffic. JI though had a good group of posters (Bob, JM, Shakin, and number of others who float around). They were the smaller bad ass group and TGG was the established site. TGG had a better interface but the posters were inferior IMO. JC also had a good core as well (GJH* (note at bottom) , MSGold, Matt...etc) then hell broke loose at that site. JC decided to start charging, but not only to read their reports but even just to post on the message board (what kind of crap is that?).

Early 2001 :

JC's board fell apart b/c of the fee. Everyone fled. Many landed at JI because of the feel of the site. It felt just how JN does now. For what you think about Sooth now, that was not such the case back then. He put a lot of the work into the site, he accepted donations but they never felt forced. There was a really friendly atmosphere there and everything felt right with the Jets Message Board world at JI. TGG was the hated site b/c their owner was a complete fascist and he had banned Sooth (I think) and many other JIers (sound familiar?). This love fest would continue for the next 2 years or so until...

Circa 2003:

Enter Max, Tom Shane, Smizzy and more...

These guys really changed the dynamic of the board. While there was joking around amongst posters, and in fact many of the original JI posters were actual tailgate buddies, the site was still mainly structured around being about New York Jets football. Then these clowns showed up. Personally at first I wasn't a big fan. I think probably because I was comfortable with how things were, but then hilarity ensued and I couldn't help but be won over (as if I'm some great prize).

This was the true beginning of the Internet Homo Jokes. They never stopped. The joke kept running until well, it never stopped. There was a paradigm shift and you could really feel the site becoming more personal for everyone even if they didn't go to the tailgates. Some great posters joined in this time and some have never returned. Unfortunately great things usually don't last that long. They had worn out their welcome at JI and decided on creating the place we all visit today.

Personally I split my time 50/50 when JN started. Because a lot of the great posters I grew to love from JI came here but still that old board felt like home. Then more and more posters who I didn't know joined Sooths site and in fact I really resented most of them/you because the site was transforming and sucking all at once. That's pretty much when I set up shop here. Occasionally I go browse over there but posting there is almost impossible. Way too many idiots that ruin the site for me. That said, I'm really glad this "merger" happened. I think JN basically took a sifter to the posters of JetsInsider and we kept the gold.

*Well many of you don't care for him or his ability to moderate, GJH always kept things interesting if nothing else. I don't agree with how he dealt with the situation but he's a die hard Jet fan and a positive contributor IMO.

Is any of this true? :-P

lol.

I know what you mean.

I don't always think of the "real lives" of the posters on message boards mostly because I'm self absorbed and don't care.

However, Ruby, I often think of you surrounded by Chowds and their ilk and I get sort of sad.

That speaks well of me.

I don't always think of the "real lives" of the posters on message boards mostly because I'm self absorbed and don't care.

However, Ruby, I often think of you surrounded by Chowds and their ilk and I get sort of sad.

That speaks well of me.

Speaking of that, and I ask this seriously, are you as funny in real life as you are in the internets?

Archived