Serious question: Is JI even viable any longer?

SouthernJet

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I don't care who comes or not. (Neither should anyone else, as almost everybody here has been banned from one Board or another.) What I do hope happens is that former JetsInsider members leave their JI attitude and focus, and embrace the JetNation model, which is not as snippy and driven by content rather than vanity. When I joined JetNation last May, I tried hard to become part of this group, rather than to attempt to institute what worked for me on JI. Lately, IMO, there has been too much focus on all the former JI posters saying "Hey look at me everybody. I'm here now!" instead of just posting ideas and assimilating. This is an awesome message board, which has its own identity and style. Please leave JI--and these incessant JI discussions--on JI.

Personally, I don't care who comes or not. (Neither should anyone else, as almost everybody here has been banned from one Board or another.) What I do hope happens is that former JetsInsider members leave their JI attitude and focus, and embrace the JetNation model, which is not as snippy and driven by content rather than vanity. When I joined JetNation last May, I tried hard to become part of this group, rather than to attempt to institute what worked for me on JI. Lately, IMO, there has been too much focus on all the former JI posters saying "Hey look at me everybody. I'm here now!" instead of just posting ideas and assimilating. This is an awesome message board, which has its own identity and style. Please leave JI--and these incessant JI discussions--on JI.

hmmm...

you neeeded to vent about JetBabe picture for quite awhile ;)

F That!!!!

Viva El JI

hmmm...

you neeeded to vent about JetBabe picture for quite awhile ;)

That's not what my post was about at all. I have expressed myself on both boards as to my intentions with that fossil of a post. JB and I are cool and friends. I really want everyone to embrace what Max has built here, rather than belaboring all the JI/JN vitriol and ethic. Not to be disparaging to JI at all, but JN just has a more welcoming, convivial, and forgiving approach. When you come into someone's house, you are a guest until you have proven yourself to be trustworthy and on board (no pun intended) with that family. It would be sad if this place lost its identity through the influx of new posters who want to turn JetNation into JetsInsider Lite.

I think that for the most part, everyone that has come over has brought something new and different to the board. I'm not getting that vibe from anyone. Then again, you tend to see things that aren't necessarily there.:Nuts:

Et tu, Thorr?

Me too what?

There's nothing wrong with the new posters bringing what worked for them over at JI. We clearly got the best posters that JI had to offer. JN will always be JN, the new guys aren't The Borg. Max and us mods have a certain sense of humor about the whole thing, and don't take it very seriously. That is the main difference between them and us. I promise you that will never change. I honestly think you're charging windmills.

Me too what?

There's nothing wrong with the new posters bringing what worked for them over at JI. We clearly got the best posters that JI had to offer. JN will always be JN, the new guys aren't The Borg. Max and us mods have a certain sense of humor about the whole thing, and don't take it very seriously. That is the main difference between them and us. I promise you that will never change. I honestly think you're charging windmills.

Like everyone on any message board--including you--we express opinions. I will stand by what I said, but also say that you understood none of my intent.

Like everyone on any message board--including you--we express opinions. I will stand by what I said, but also say that you understood none of my intent.

And nobody told you that you couldn't express your opinion. I understood your intent. I haven't seen much snippyness and "Look at me!!" or vanity at all. Then again, I'm pretty stupid, so maybe I just missed it.

I actually agree with Borgo...

I think there is wayyyy to much JI stuff here...but I guess it is like reality TV, you know, we all kind of hate the threads and think they take away from the rest of the board, but it does bring in the ratings, and easily can carry on for about 300 posts each time.

Anyway, I mean, really, is taking time away from "Last Person to Post in this Thread Wins" and "Best Shamwow Parody" threads that much of a crime?

To be quite honest I dont' really sense that from people. Lots of us "others" contribute on a variety of boards. For me it's lounge, football, baseball and tech once in a while. It's unfortunate that some people can't let certain things go.

Posting "styles"? I didn't realize we operated on style points here.

I actually agree with Borgo...

I think there is wayyyy to much JI stuff here...but I guess it is like reality TV, you know, we all kind of hate the threads and think they take away from the rest of the board, but it does bring in the ratings, and easily can carry on for about 300 posts each time.

Anyway, I mean, really, is taking time away from "Last Person to Post in this Thread Wins" and "Best Shamwow Parody" threads that much of a crime?

Thanks, Piney. I was starting to believe I was the only one seeing these posts. BTW, those posts/threads are fine with me, as they can be cathartic for all involved. I was attempting to say that, at the end of the day, this is--intentionally--not JI, and that the JN approach should be embraced rather than subverted.

Interesting discussion.

Who so you most not want to come (I assume mostly TX, list anotehr also since he seems to be a huge choice)

BUT, also, what JI poster who has not come over to JN yet, would you like to see come over?

Isn't TX here now ? I know just the lounge ( thank God ) but he IS here no ?

I hope my post about how I came over from JI didn't get to ya. I always enjoyed your posts at JI.

Anyway as far as posters I'd rather not see here...is sackdance99 blocked here? I hope so. I can't stand him. I would say jetsrule but I notice he's here. :D.

I think all of the good posters are here or at least visit here...

I hope my post about how I came over from JI didn't get to ya. I always enjoyed your posts at JI.

Anyway as far as posters I'd rather not see here...is sackdance99 blocked here? I hope so. I can't stand him. I would say jetsrule but I notice he's here. :D.

I think all of the good posters are here or at least visit here...

Nothing in my post was directed toward you or anybody else. It's just a vibe I've been getting, that's all. I love this place and want all the new folks to embrace it, too. Who were you on JI?

That's not what my post was about at all. I have expressed myself on both boards as to my intentions with that fossil of a post. JB and I are cool and friends. I really want everyone to embrace what Max has built here, rather than belaboring all the JI/JN vitriol and ethic. Not to be disparaging to JI at all, but JN just has a more welcoming, convivial, and forgiving approach. When you come into someone's house, you are a guest until you have proven yourself to be trustworthy and on board (no pun intended) with that family. It would be sad if this place lost its identity through the influx of new posters who want to turn JetNation into JetsInsider Lite.

I'm with you too. Who gives a rats behind about JI ? Only time it bothers me is when JI people come over here and attack people who left JI ? Let it go already. Nothing against SJ but this thread is an example of what I'm saying, who cares about who goes to or comes over from JI ? It does drive the post count, I'll give you that much. ;)

I believe Fishooked was referring specifically to the members of the most recent migration, considering that was the assumed target of Borgo's rant.

Rant? Obviously you don't know me at all. LOL. As stated earlier, I was expressing my opinion. It was not directed at any specific person.

I believe Fishooked was referring specifically to the members of the most recent migration, considering that was the assumed target of Borgo's rant.

I don't believe Boro was targeting anyone, so it's all good.

Almost all of my internetz cronies are here, so that has to be good enough.

Lots & lots of new cronies to run with here though too. :biggrin:

Archived