Serious question: Is JI even viable any longer?

SouthernJet

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make sure to include that lovely sentiment in her Valentine's Day card this year.

I've told her flat out, she asks "Who is that girl in your picture" my response is "A hot brunette in a jets jersey, if you put one on and get made up I'll put you on".

I'm lucky she puts up with me, I know.

Honestly, I dont buy into any site rivalry nonsense...

I still post over there because I still enjoy the interaction with certain posters who are funny, knowledgeable dudes...and I came here because I really enjoyed some of the guys who jumped ship.

Do I have some problems with some of the stuff there? SUre.

I've said my piece and I'm not banned. YET, lol.

Dont know if thats a new policy as I only started over there in '05.

Sooth prolly has expenses due to his media outreach and infrastructure, but being a VIP is optional. I joined as a token of support and then let it expire because of what I saw as some pretty clumsy handling of poster issues. Period.

But, I dont take it personally and still enjoy both sites.

Amen 32 ...

It's really not an issue for me; the difference is that I won't post too much woolly stuff on JN, because there are already guys here that do the nutty stuff in a very entertaining way. :character42:

So I come here to read and see old friends. I have mentioned to JI that I like the separation of NFL and Lounge yakk; but they don't see it that way at this time.

bump

with all the new JI posters over here, this question is even more salient today

It really is. This is a pretty good timeline:

Early 2005: Max and Tomshane start JN and all of the banned posters follow.

Early 2007: Sooth is yapping about his press pass and then makes his "inside" information available only to VIP members who fork over $55 a year. He also institutes a "don't call Cannizaro fat" policy on JI.

Late 2008/Early 2009: A mass exodus of JI posters to JN that was probably caused by Sooth and the freak known as Green Jets & Ham.

Did I miss anything ex-JI posters?

I don't get why there was some sort of policy on 'not badmouthing players or coaches' just because (supposedly) players visited and read the site. How do we even know that? :hand:

Are the players supposed to have their feelings hurt by what they read in the papers, see on TV, or read on the internet? :hand:

I dunno, I think they keep thinking the site will be bought by the New York Jets or something, when in actuality the Jets site officially has their own board now...prolly where Tx spends most of his time :hand:

And the very idea that trolls are necessary to keep homerism in check is a joke. :hand:

And another thing.... :hand:

I don't get why there was some sort of policy on 'not badmouthing players or coaches' just because (supposedly) players visited and read the site. How do we even know that? :hand:

Are the players supposed to have their feelings hurt by what they read in the papers, see on TV, or read on the internet? :hand:

I dunno, I think they keep thinking the site will be bought by the New York Jets or something, when in actuality the Jets site officially has their own board now...prolly where Tx spends most of his time :hand:

And the very idea that trolls are necessary to keep homerism in check is a joke. :hand:

And another thing.... :hand:

Hey Fish. Your smiley looks like he's throwing dice.

David Harris was a good poster I liked him. Quite honestly I view JI like a bad "product". I'm one of those people if I buy something and HATE IT (example playstation) I will never buy it again. I just get my solutions elsewhere. For me it's go nothing to do with "rivalry" reasons like the one Fish just posted are the reasons I'm gone.

David Harris was a good poster I liked him. Quite honestly I view JI like a bad "product". I'm one of those people if I buy something and HATE IT (example playstation) I will never buy it again. I just get my solutions elsewhere. For me it's go nothing to do with "rivalry" reasons like the one Fish just posted are the reasons I'm gone.

He is a good poster. And the VIP memberships are dropping like flies in that thread.

No Tx here is another good reason why this place pwns.

Archived