Serious question: Is JI even viable any longer?

SouthernJet

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really is. This is a pretty good timeline:

Early 2005: Max and Tomshane start JN and all of the banned posters follow.

Early 2007: Sooth is yapping about his press pass and then makes his "inside" information available only to VIP members who fork over $55 a year. He also institutes a "don't call Cannizaro fat" policy on JI.

Late 2008/Early 2009: A mass exodus of JI posters to JN that was probably caused by Sooth and the freak known as Green Jets & Ham.

Did I miss anything ex-JI posters?

Yeah - mainly the fact that the biggest turn-off about this site is the general bashing of people I consider friends (like, yes, GJ&H). And no, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says or does. But it does mean that every time I see another post like this ("the freak known as . . .") or check Thor's call sign (2nd worst mod), etc. - it reminds me of why I'm not here more often, even if the bulk of the folks I was friendliest with at JI are, and even though the Politics forum is gone.

Yeah - mainly the fact that the biggest turn-off about this site is the general bashing of people I consider friends (like, yes, GJ&H). And no, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says or does. But it does mean that every time I see another post like this ("the freak known as . . .") or check Thor's call sign (2nd worst mod), etc. - it reminds me of why I'm not here more often, even if the bulk of the folks I was friendliest with at JI are, and even though the Politics forum is gone.

+1

Both sites have their faults:

JN has has the mob mentality amongst members,

JI has the mob mentality amongst mods.

+1

Both sites have their faults:

JN has has the mob mentality amongst members,

JI has the mob mentality amongst mods.

I don't know what you are talking about.. the vast majority of JN members welcomed us JI

expatriates with open arms <cough> ;)

I don't get why there was some sort of policy on 'not badmouthing players or coaches' just because (supposedly) players visited and read the site. How do we even know that? :hand:

Are the players supposed to have their feelings hurt by what they read in the papers, see on TV, or read on the internet? :hand:

I dunno, I think they keep thinking the site will be bought by the New York Jets or something, when in actuality the Jets site officially has their own board now...prolly where Tx spends most of his time :hand:

And the very idea that trolls are necessary to keep homerism in check is a joke. :hand:

And another thing.... :hand:

Players do check out the sites. The benefit here is that we aren't trying to be friends with them. So you can be as honest as you want.

Anyone remember the Chad Pennington plaque?

I don't know what you are talking about.. the vast majority of JN members welcomed us JI

expatriates with open arms <cough> ;)

I thought the same thing when I read that first post. People are allowed to say what they want here. The JI bashing does go over the top at times. But since we are on like the 3rd generation of it, I think there is probably some merit to it. :-P

Getting away with the language censor was the icing on the cake.... :corn:

Now wait just a second...the language filter is very important. It's also critical to allow trolls to rein in everyone's homerism. No personal attacks, unless you drive site traffic! If someone completely derails entire threads, that's your problem! Ignore it!

OBEY

Now wait just a second...the language filter is very important. It's also critical to allow trolls to rein in everyone's homerism. No personal attacks, unless you drive site traffic! If someone completely derails entire threads, that's your problem! Ignore it!

OBEY

But he has football acumen :hand:

Pretend I havn't read them all, or pretend I'm just interested in your viewpoint.

Educate me. Please.

ha... how stupid am I?

Who is the only one who is enough of a Keanu Reeves fan to put him in his avatar?

For the record, I don't think you are a bad mod, Warfish.

ha... how stupid am I?

Who is the only one who is enough of a Keanu Reeves fan to put him in his avatar?

For the record, I don't think you are a bad mod, Warfish.

First, there is more than one fan of the movie/book A Scanner Darkly on the interweb, you know.

Second, you'd be alone in that opinion on the Fish lately it seems.

Jets Forum Whoring has, one must admit, has become far less fun of late. Far less.

First, there is more than one fan of the movie/book A Scanner Darkly on the interweb, you know.

Second, you'd be alone in that opinion on the Fish lately it seems.

Jets Forum Whoring has, one must admit, has become far less fun of late. Far less.

holy crap it is warfish...

nice call paulie..

holy crap it is warfish...

nice call paulie..

So apparently I have to choose my secret identities a bit better next time, eh?

Got it.

I assure you, when the time comes, no one will know who I am next time.

In any event, today was a rather eye opening day. Not pleasantly so.

no chance of that.

Don't be so sure.

I think a good portion of at least one forum would be quite happy to string me up right alongside the sacrificial lamb they're currently crewing on.

I was wondering where ol' Guido went. You missed all the TX fun today.

I posted in that thread Paulie. And was promptly accused by a mod of "recruiting". When in fact I was very vague and doing nothing of the sort. I've been pretty respectful of those guys I think in my departure. But there's a little evil devil on my shoulder that would love to trash them here and there. But I won't.

So apparently I have to choose my secret identities a bit better next time, eh?

Got it.

I assure you, when the time comes, no one will know who I am next time.

In any event, today was a rather eye opening day. Not pleasantly so.

I had no idea, even didn't believe Paulie until I double checked..

IN any event, good to see you..

That was Classic Fishhooked. I all most fell out my chair when I saw that in the middle of the thread. I hate that ****eyed ****ing chowd! But like you said that is definitely not the ONLYreason I don't post their any more. I only +1 you in thread.

Thank you max for my new home. Free of douche bag ****ing trolls:thumbup:

Archived