Regarding the Yanks Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy...

NIGHT STALKER

The Yanks have said they are off limits...so far.

Would you be willing to trade Wang? Or do you consider him in the "untouchable" catagory...personally, I never cared for him (even before his performance in the playoffs)...I would send this guy packing if I could get an everyday player in return.

As I've stated in the past, most Asian pitchers don't pan out as stars...Nomo (if you consider him a star) has had the most success.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you be willing to trade Wang? Or do you consider him in the "untouchable" catagory...personally, I never cared for him (even before his performance in the playoffs)...I would send this guy packing if I could get an everyday player in return.

As I've stated in the past, most Asian pitchers don't pan out as stars...Nomo (if you consider him a star) has had the most success.

Dealing a guy making league minimum who has posted a sub 4.00 ERA two years in a row is insane IMO. The guy has been great since coming to the Yankees. Got them their only post season win last year. I don't deal the guy because he had a bad week in a 2 1/2 year span.

his sinker is unhittable if he keeps it down. he is a power pitcher with great stuff. i say he is untouchable to an extent

Dealing a guy making league minimum who has posted a sub 4.00 ERA two years in a row is insane IMO. The guy has been great since coming to the Yankees. Got them their only post season win last year. I don't deal the guy because he had a bad week in a 2 1/2 year span.

As I said in my post, it's not the playoffs that influenced my decision on this guy...it's the history of Asian pitchers...some are above average for a few years and then they fade into the sunset.

As I said in my post, it's not the playoffs that influenced my decision on this guy...it's the history of Asian pitchers...some are above average for a few years and then they fade into the sunset.

I can see where you're coming from but in 2 1/2 seasons Wang has shown no signs of slowing down. Most Asian pitchers get progressively worse pretty quickly. He's been damn good for too long to give up on.

the only pitcher on the yankee roster with better stuff than wang is hughes and he is not as experienced

Agree. Let's see the list of guys who have won 38 games the past two seasons......another case of some Yankee fans dismissing the regular season. Wang when off is very hittable as I think Troll mentioned during spring training but when on and with the Yanks payroll induced offense he's a keeper unless you are bringing back a Santana, Oswalt or Peavy etc.

Wang should score a decent paycheck as I believe he is arbitration eligible.

his sinker is unhittable if he keeps it down. he is a power pitcher with great stuff. i say he is untouchable to an extent

I wouldn't go as far as to say Wang is a "power pitcher." He does throw hard, but his K/9 isn't really power pitcher material. That said, if they could get something they need out of him and let the young guys go wild in the rotation, they'd be stupid not to. I think though you have to keep him around another season to see if your young guys are for real and as advertised for a full season.

I like Wang, don't get me wrong....I just think Chamberlain is going to be incredible. Very early to make that statement but he sure showed some filthy stuff this season.

chamberlain was incredible in relief but starting is a whole another ball game. so im sorry if i dont annoint him as a HOF yet

chamberlain was incredible in relief but starting is a whole another ball game. so im sorry if i dont annoint him as a HOF yet

He spent 3/4 of the season starting in the minors with a ERA in the two's and a great WHIP. I would have traded him for Texeira and at this point, I would have made a mistake.

the only pitcher on the yankee roster with better stuff than wang is hughes and he is not as experienced

Chamberlain has the best "stuff" on the roster. If he ends up being as good a pitcher as Hughes, that remains to be seen.

But a 98 mph fastball followed up by a 89 mph slider that will buckle your knees. Doesn't get much better than that.

bary zito is not a power pitcher

Remember Penny's All-Star appearance?

LA right-hander Brad Penny set the tone for the National League's staff after striking out Ichiro Suzuki, Derek Jeter and David Ortiz in the first inning, with nothing but blazing fastballs registering on the radar at 99 mph.

Remember Penny's All-Star appearance?

LA right-hander Brad Penny set the tone for the National League's staff after striking out Ichiro Suzuki, Derek Jeter and David Ortiz in the first inning, with nothing but blazing fastballs registering on the radar at 99 mph.

and he got shalacked in the 2nd

Archived