Having a top 3 draft pick would be great... But I just cant root against the Jets

I just cant.

Yea I would love to see D.McFadden as our future running back with Kellen leading the way and Cotchery making tough catches for years to come... I would love that, because once we get an Offensive line that would be one hell of an Offense, But I just cant root against the Jets to lose even though our season is already over. I want Kellen to finish the season on a winning streak this way he is not a "Broken Quarterback" heading into next season, I just want this kid to have some confidense next season and be the spark at the QB position that this team has needed for years now.

I dont blame anyone who is at the point of rooting for the Jets to lose inorder for us to draft a great player, but I was just wondering how many fans on this site are rooting for the Jets to finish 1-15?

Two things:

1.) I am not rooting against the Jets, it's just that I no longer really care if they win or lose. If they win, great. If they lose, I don't care. It's win/win! Unless, of course, I'm surrounded by loud, drunk fans of the opposing team at the bar.

2.) chadharmamoon is the worst poster ever. Glad someone else noticed.

Two things:

1.) I am not rooting against the Jets, it's just that I no longer really care if they win or lose. If they win, great. If they lose, I don't care. It's win/win! Unless, of course, I'm surrounded by loud, drunk fans of the opposing team at the bar.

1) Agree 100%

2) Agree 200%

Two things:

**** NOM :pooh:

He picked up the slack once DWC got banned. Now that they are both here in full force my head wants to explode.

I all fairness DWC hasn't been too bad sice he came back. His constant thread starting is annoying, as is his make believe girlfriend. But still, his posts aren't the worst.

I all fairness DWC hasn't been too bad sice he came back. His constant thread starting is annoying, as is his make believe girlfriend. But still, his posts aren't the worst.

I'm still annoyed about his nonsensical D.White argument earlier. I still don't understand what he was getting at or who it is.

Mancini was a great boxer, he had alot of heart and pride

Wow. At this moment i read this post, espn started doing a story on the mancini-kim fight.

Mancini and Kim met in an arena outside Caesar's Palace on November 13, 1982. In what many ringside observers have described as an "action-packed" fight, Mancini and Kim went toe to toe for a good portion of the bout, but by the latter rounds, Mancini began to dominate the young challenger. Spent and battered, Kim went into round 14 with little left and Mancini dropped him. He got up, but the fight was stopped and Mancini retained the title.

Minutes after the fight was over, Kim collapsed into a coma, and was taken to a hospital. Emergency brain surgery was performed there to try to save him, but that effort proved to be futile, as Kim died 5 days after the bout on November 18. The week after, Sports Illustrated published a photo of the fight on its cover, under the heading Tragedy in The Ring. The profile of the incident was heightened by the fight having been televised live in the United States.

Kim had never had a 15-round bout before. He had been to round 12 only two times before his deadly last bout. In contrast, Mancini was much more experienced at the time. He had fought 15-round bouts three times, went on to round 14 once more. Mancini also had won a 12-round bout with another excellent southpaw boxer Jose Luis Ramirez (71-3-0 at that time, 102-9-0 career record). Kim compiled a record of 17 wins with 2 losses and 1 draw. 8 of Kim's wins were knockouts.

[edit] The aftermath

Mancini went through a period of reflection, as he blamed himself for Kim's death. After friends helped him by telling him that it was just an accident, Mancini was able to go on with his career but Kim's death would always haunt him. Kim's mother would take her own life four months after the fight. The bout's referee, Richard Greene, committed suicide July 1, 1983.

Archived