Magazines that picked champ right last year differ this year

TaborJet

By Skip Wood, USA TODAY

When it comes to preseason NFL magazines and their 2005 prognostications, it's appropriate to defer to the defending champions, Athlon and Street & Smith's, both of which correctly picked the New England Patriots to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles in last year's Super Bowl.

This summer, however, the two publications disagree on the makeup of Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

Athlon has the Baltimore Ravens defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, and Street & Smith's counters with the Eagles beating the Indianapolis Colts. In fact, the Eagles are the pick of three of the five of the more notable preseason rags.

The Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly also see Philly breaking through against Indianapolis. The only believer in the two-time defending Super Bowl champions is Lindy's, which has the New England Patriots stopping the Atlanta Falcons.

Division winners?

Athlon: NFC

By Skip Wood, USA TODAY

When it comes to preseason NFL magazines and their 2005 prognostications, it's appropriate to defer to the defending champions, Athlon and Street & Smith's, both of which correctly picked the New England Patriots to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles in last year's Super Bowl.

This summer, however, the two publications disagree on the makeup of Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

Athlon has the Baltimore Ravens defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, and Street & Smith's counters with the Eagles beating the Indianapolis Colts. In fact, the Eagles are the pick of three of the five of the more notable preseason rags.

The Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly also see Philly breaking through against Indianapolis. The only believer in the two-time defending Super Bowl champions is Lindy's, which has the New England Patriots stopping the Atlanta Falcons.

Division winners?

Athlon: NFC

Every magazine picked the Pats to win the division. It is going to be so sweet to watch that franchise IMPLODE.

I was responding to the SB picks Maxman. :) I can understand a Jets fan wanting to see the Pats fail~

it's the only chance you have considering the Headcoach you have teaching your players. Oops! I apologize; motivating your players! :P

Every magazine picked the Pats to win the division. It is going to be so sweet to watch that franchise IMPLODE.

I was responding to the SB picks Maxman. :) I can understand a Jets fan wanting to see the Pats fail~

it's the only chance you have considering the Headcoach you have teaching your players. Oops! I apologize; motivating your players! :P

The Jets finally have a solid coaching staff.

Charlie Weis is gone.

Mumbles will soon be exposed for the fraud that he is.

Anyone else see a pattern here? Parcells was a genius with Mumbles on his staff. Mumbles was a genius with Charlie on his staff?

The party is over people.

The Jets finally have a solid coaching staff.

Charlie Weis is gone.

Mumbles will soon be exposed for the fraud that he is.

Anyone else see a pattern here? Parcells was a genius with Mumbles on his staff. Mumbles was a genius with Charlie on his staff?

The party is over people.

I see Colts over the Panthers. McNabb will take a major step back this year after embarrassing himself in the Super Bowl and TO will be a distraction for Philly all year. The Pats will back-slide just enough to allow the Colts to sneak in and expose the Panthers piss-poor secondary to a beating, giving Peyton Everett his ring.

I see Colts over the Panthers. McNabb will take a major step back this year after embarrassing himself in the Super Bowl and TO will be a distraction for Philly all year. The Pats will back-slide just enough to allow the Colts to sneak in and expose the Panthers piss-poor secondary to a beating, giving Peyton Everett his ring.

Of course they did.

Other than delusional posters on this board, no one else seems to think that the Jets will be much of a threat.

Hell, Buffalo will finish a head of the Jets this year. :wink:

Yeah, I'm sure Losman the 2nd-year headcase will do any better than Bledsoe the veteran headcase. #-o

I'd feel more comfortable saying the Jets would make the playoffs with Fiedler starting than the Bills finishing 2nd under Losman.

Of course they did.

Other than delusional posters on this board, no one else seems to think that the Jets will be much of a threat.

Hell, Buffalo will finish a head of the Jets this year. :wink:

Yeah, I'm sure Losman the 2nd-year headcase will do any better than Bledsoe the veteran headcase. #-o

I'd feel more comfortable saying the Jets would make the playoffs with Fiedler starting than the Bills finishing 2nd under Losman.