Someone grab Garb...Troy Brown is reportedely going going go

PFSIKH

Patriots | T. Brown to Hit Open Market - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:37:35 -0800

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have declined to pick up an option to retain WR Troy Brown, effectively making him an unrestricted free agent this year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

change your sig line CRabby Patty

Released....released....I got released!!!!!

This from a man who is obvioulsy gay (see sig pic).

He's my favorite - absolute favorite - all time Patriot. I'm sick about this. I may cry.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my memory serves me correct, Troy Brown is a $5.5 million dollar cap hit this year.

Prok, he's in his mid 30s.

Too old for Steeler tastes. No one can deny the guy still produces though (more so as a CB than WR i guess). I wonder if he got with the right team might he still have 70-90 catches and 1,000 yards in him?

People are having the hardest time with jokes today -crabby patty - homo papi - t!t for tat? :roll:

Anyway, back off, Mean Papi - my Pats are releasing my favorite all-time Patriot. I'm emotional! :shock:

Garb,

Take a deep breath and relax.

The Pats did not release Troy Brown, they declined to pick up his option, thus his free agent status.

How many teams out there are looking for a 35-year old WR/CB/PR?

Even better, how many teams out there will be offering big bucks on the open market for his services.

The answer to both questions is probably none.

His cap hit alone this year was 5+ million. The Pats had to do what they did (as much as you like the guy, it's still a business first).

My guess, they are in the process of working out a new contract for him and he will be back with the Pats with a much more cap-friendly contract.

4ever, what's the Pats cap situation look like this year?

Salary cap situation is just fine. You know the Patriots, they sign middle of the road FA guys for short money. I'm no expert, but when they released Law, they freed up around $9 million alone. They are in the process of restructuring Brady's deal, and will sign Vinatieri to a long term deal. My money is that they'll be under the salary cap and still remain competitive. I think that's a given.

It's tough to tell what they are doing, because they are so unpredictable. Also, they've been doing just fine for the last 5 years, so I have no reason to speculate or criticize what they are doing for/against that very reason.

People are having the hardest time with jokes today -crabby patty - homo papi - t!t for tat? :roll:

Anyway, back off, Mean Papi - my Pats are releasing my favorite all-time Patriot. I'm emotional! :shock:

i guess this wouldn't be the time to bring up that he didn't have G45 and thus no BINGO ;)

but really Garb I hope he stays it sucks when your favorite player leaves or is cut loose or traded..not fun at all :(

This from a man who is obvioulsy gay (see sig pic).

He's my favorite - absolute favorite - all time Patriot. I'm sick about this. I may cry.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garb, I'm on the celly right now pressuring my boy Terry Bradway to pick him up. Won't he look great in GREEN next year? :lol:

It's official (just reported), my favorite all-time Patriot, Troy "bingo" Brown has been released. Now pardon me while I write a nasty note to Bob Kraft - anyone have the midget's e-mail address?

My signature will now serve as a tribute to the greatest Patriot of all-time, IMHO.

It's official (just reported), my favorite all-time Patriot, Troy "bingo" Brown has been released. Now pardon me while I write a nasty note to Bob Kraft - anyone have the midget's e-mail address?

My signature will now serve as a tribute to the greatest Patriot of all-time, IMHO.

That's too bad, Garb. Would you like me to make you a Troy Brown Memorial Coxswain?

This is no time to mess with me, T. I'm very sad. :cry:

troybrown_070702.jpg

Evergreen, by Barbra

Love soft as an easy chair

Love fresh as the morning air

One love that is shared by two

I have found with you

Like a rose under the april snow

I was always certain love would grow

Love ageless and evergreen

Seldom seen by two

You and I will make each night a first

Every day a beginning

Spirits rise and their dance is unrehearsed

They warm and excite us, cause we have the brightest love

Two lives that shine as one

Morning glory and midnight sun

Time we

Troy Brown was responsible for the first championship, made a reception for a first down during that last drive against the Panthers to win the second championship and bit the bullet by becoming a d-back allowing the Pats to win their third.

Although I hold out hope that he will resign - I'm preparing for the fact that my one and only player jersey will be obsolete.

Laugh all you want - this is a sad day for me.

Troy Brown was responsible for the first championship, made a reception for a first down during that last drive against the Panthers to win the second championship and bit the bullet by becoming a d-back allowing the Pats to win their third.

Although I hold out hope that he will resign - I'm preparing for the fact that my one and only player jersey will be obsolete.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! AHHHAHAHAHHAA!!! HAHAHAA!!

Usually folks bitch about Player loyalty. This looks like the opposite side of the spectrum. Damn unloyal Pats Org.! :roll:

Usually folks b!tch about Player loyalty. This looks like the opposite side of the spectrum. Damn unloyal Pats Org.! :roll:

There is a fine line between lotalty and stupidity.

Re-structure the guy ala Steelers/Jerome Bettis. A classier way to go, IMO. :wink:

True, but he was due a roster bonus and that would further complicate things. He was scheudled to make 5.5 million this year and while his past performance for the Patriots warrant it, his current does not.

Yah, go ahead Jets fans, yuck it up. However, last time I checked, Herman, Bozo the clock management clown, was still the Jets HC. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Watch for Troy Brown to become Drew Bledsoe's binkie in Dallas.....ARRGGGHHHH.....

Yah, go ahead Jets fans, yuck it up. However, last time I checked, Herman, Bozo the clock management clown, was still the Jets HC. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

quote]

Come on Garb, I know you are emotionally distraught right about now, but you could have least gotten in some shots at the noodle-armed QB as well as your Hermy bashing.

:o:o

Watch for Troy Brown to become Drew Bledsoe's binkie in Dallas.....ARRGGGHHHH.....

You know you want me.

I feel your pain sista....thats why you stick with a man with a HEART not looking for a big fat WALLET like my man #68...WUB WUB WUB HEART HEART HEARTxxxxooo

LOYALTY not ROYALTY :P

I think your man would look really good in GREEN..BINGO :roll:

Archived