Someone grab Garb...Troy Brown is reportedely going going go

PFSIKH

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok you do the math.

Since Brown's 97 recptions in 2002, Givens 28 Games-17 starts 90 catches-1384 yards-9 TDs; Branch 24 games-21 starts 92 catches-1257 yards-7 TDS; Troy 24 Games-10 starts 57 catches-656 yards-5 TDs. How am I wrong?

Or some more for you over the last two seasons, Graham 68-773-11 TDs; Faulk 74-688-1; Patten 53-940-7 and Fauria 44-480-4.

Troy's time has come and gone and if you are saying he is worth $5.5 million in 2005, you are crazy or flat out stupid.

I didn't lie ,i said the truth,he helped them and then played both ways(shanes mentor) and then didn't reach his the incentives in his contract,then they cut him.

What were the incentives? You don't think him spending half his week in defensive meetings hurt his chances to catch balls on sunday? you don't thinl Charlie was a aware brown was playing both ways and didn't want to speard him too thin?

C'mon. Im not saying he would have reached them,im just saying he wasn't reaching them for sure playing both ways.

I didn't lie ,i said the truth,he helped them and then played both ways(shanes mentor) and then didn't reach his the incentives in his contract,then they cut him.

What were the incentives? You don't think him spending half his week in defensive meetings hurt his chances to catch balls on sunday? you don't thinl Charlie was a aware brown was playing both ways and didn't want to speard him too thin?

C'mon.

How many catches did he miss out of? 10? 20? The Patriots distribute the ball. That is clearly illustrated. He is at best the third option at wideout and the 5th overall. It is not like the frugal Patriots are going to throw 1-2 million dollar incentives for catching 40 passes.

Again do you want him on the Jets for $5.5 million?

[How many catches did he miss out of? 10? 20? The Patriots distribute the ball. That is clearly illustrated. He is at best the third option at wideout and the 5th overall. It is not like the frugal Patriots are going to throw 1-2 million dollar incentives for catching 40 passes.

You missed the last sentence i added.

You missed the last sentence i added.

No, I did not.

Since Troy injured his knee last year, he has no longer been the goto guy. In his place, Branch and Givens have stepped up.

I realize your point, but it is not like he went from fulltime wideout catching 97 passes to parttime DB. He was parttime both. He has had diminishing returns the last two season. Partly due to injury and playing DB.

All I am saying, it is not like he was going to be a 60 catch-800 yard guy. He was going to be one of the 4-6 guys that caught between 20-60 passes. With Branch and Givens establishing themselves, he was going to be on the lower end even if he was not pulling DB duty and therefore no incentives was cmoning his way.

No, I did not.

Since Troy injured his knee last year, he has no longer been the goto guy. In his place, Branch and Givens have stepped up.

So....He was so injured the coaching staff felt is was best to let him play both ways?

You are hilarious.

The simple fact is this...playing defense took away from his catches one way or the other,even if he lost 1 catch,my point is valid.

Spin away...

So....He was so injured the coaching staff felt is was best to let him play both ways?

You are hilarious.

The simple fact is this...playing defense took away from his catches one way or the other,even if he lost 1 catch,my point is valid.

Spin away...

No, if you read it, the injury happened last year.

Ok let's say you are right, how much in incentives would he miss out for attaining 18 catches? Or 20? 30? 40?

This is a player with an 80, 90 and 100 catch seasons. Are you saying if he got 3 more catches he would have added another 500K to his wallet? :roll:

I said in my first post no . My point is he signed a contract at the begining that he knew her needed to catch balls to make his dough. Instead of bitching & and saying "no i won't make my money" he said yes and played D for you after he signed a contact that he reworked to benifit the pats.

So in my book regrdless if it was only 1 catch he missed out on,he still missed out on it for the benigfit of the team and then got cut,like malloy.

It's nothing to be ashamed of,you have a cutthroat HC

March 2, 2005 10:52 AM ET

Patriots: Brown out

The News

Wide receiver/defensive back Troy Brown was released by the Patriots after the two sides failed to reach a new contract agreement. Brown was due an option bonus of $2.5 million Tuesday, with a $2.5 million base salary.

Our View

Brown sacrificed incentives by switching to cornerback to help out the Pats' depleted secondary, and for his efforts he gets cut. Thanks for the help, Troy; grab your rings and don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask me, Troy has plenty of value and moreso in the lockerroom. I am not arguing that 5.5mil for a slot receiver who will be 34 soon is a lot. What I am argiung is that Troy Brown is one of those special players that a team makes an exception for.

Yes, BB is business first. That's why he wins.

I'm still sad.... :cry:

March 2, 2005 10:52 AM ET

Patriots: Brown out

The News

Wide receiver/defensive back Troy Brown was released by the Patriots after the two sides failed to reach a new contract agreement. Brown was due an option bonus of $2.5 million Tuesday, with a $2.5 million base salary.

Our View

Brown sacrificed incentives by switching to cornerback to help out the Pats' depleted secondary, and for his efforts he gets cut. Thanks for the help, Troy; grab your rings and don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not for nothing, but, Troy does not earn incentives. Now, being cut cost him a signing bonus, but mvoing from WR to DB did not sacrifice any incentives.

Archived