Arod agrees to 10 yr deal

Smizzy

Can we win a World Series with Arod? Of course we can, that was never the issue I had with him. But I'd rather win a world series without his phony a** on my team, thats all.

Some people just want to win the World Series at any cost, doesnt matter to them who is on the team, whether it is a roster of roiders like Bonds or a bunch of complete phonys like ARod. But me, I wanna see it done the right way. I want to root for players who you can admire, not just a bunch of money grubbers that represent what is wrong with the game. I have no other choice but to root for Arod now because I root for the uniform first and foremost, but it would have been extra special to win the World Series with a complete team of players you can admire. As long as Arod is on this team, that wont be the case.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They SHOULD have offered him less ($220-$240 mil) to see how much he wanted to remain a Yank. It sounds like , since there was a lack of other interest, that the Yanks were in the drivers seat on this.

He deserved a raise and he got one.

Can we win a World Series with Arod? Of course we can, that was never the issue I had with him. But I'd rather win a world series without his phony a** on my team, thats all.

Some people just want to win the World Series at any cost, doesnt matter to them who is on the team, whether it is a roster of roiders like Bonds or a bunch of complete phonys like ARod. But me, I wanna see it done the right way. I want to root for players who you can admire, not just a bunch of money grubbers that represent what is wrong with the game. I have no other choice but to root for Arod now because I root for the uniform first and foremost, but it would have been extra special to win the World Series with a complete team of players you can admire. As long as Arod is on this team, that wont be the case.

So your total contempt and behavior towards Chad Pennington was based on what, then? ;)

So your total contempt and behavior towards Chad Pennington was based on what, then? ;)

Well that's a stupid question. I mean he clearly only wants to root for guys who donate their free time at the soup kitchen all while transcending their sport.

I think you can get the 24-pack of these guys at Costco.

......him completely sucking and holding back the entire franchise.

Anyways, I'm not saying the Yankees need to have a team of angels. Far from it. But it would be nice if our biggest name player wasnt the biggest phony in baseball. I cant believe he actually got a pay raise out of this too.

Anyways, I'm not saying the Yankees need to have a team of angels. Far from it. But it would be nice if our biggest name player wasnt the biggest phony in baseball. I cant believe he actually got a pay raise out of this too.

Good point. It seemed impossible, since the Yanks were in the drivers seat when Payrod crawled back to them, that he would indeed get a raise. I think we all know if there was ANY chance of him getting more money from someone else this fraud would be long gone from NY.

Payrod just messed up the spankee payroll for the Next 10 years, and now they will not win Sh!t because of it, talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.Have fun finding guys in the farm league.Oh and Mariano Rivera just pulled a Joe torre also,Stay tuned :character42:

Yes, they'll never be able to afford to put up $50M each for Posada and Rivera now!

This just in .....

Right handed batters that hit 54 home runs in Yankee Stadium are gonna get paid.

Stay tuned as we bring you updates on this late breaking story.

This just in .....

Right handed batters that hit 54 home runs in Yankee Stadium are gonna get paid.

Apparently 25 million per year just isnt enough.

27.5 mill is much better, congrats Arod, you dooshe bag.

Apparently 25 million per year just isnt enough.

27.5 mill is much better, congrats Arod, you dooshe bag.

I understand you aren't 21 years old yet. But when you get there you will understand what this is all about. The dollar is very low right now. He has to maximize his earning potential especially since we are historically weak against the Canadian dollar.

Those strip club lap dances ain't getting any cheaper.

This just in .....

Absolutely Max.......what the guys who watched 96-2000 in their pajamas overlook here is that the Yanks are just as greedy as ARod in all this.

You think redneck Hank would go back on his word if he didn't realize that the AROD HR record chase will bring in more revenue than the franchise has ever seen. Jeter and the kiddie pitching staff were not going to do that.......ARod getting paid makes sense in multiple areas for the Yanks.

Absolutely Max.......what the guys who watched 96-2000 in their pajamas overlook here is that the Yanks are just as greedy as ARod in all this.

You think redneck Hank would go back on his word if he didn't realize that the AROD HR record chase will bring in more revenue than the franchise has ever seen. Jeter and the kiddie pitching staff were not going to do that.......ARod getting paid makes sense in multiple areas for the Yanks.

BINGO!!!

Well yes, to be serious for a second they went from 3 million in attendance to 4 million with AROD. It wasn't that long ago that they thought 2 million was a good thing.

Arod and his 252 million dollar contract came to the Yankees with the title of "the best player in baseball" and the world was put on his shoulders to deliver a World Series title to the Yankees. He failed to deliver and he got killed for it every single time.

So what does he do after this season ends? He gets a 275 million dollar contract! Now he's putting the entire solar system on his shoulders to deliver. And if he doesnt, he'll be killed for it worse than ever before.

He's a great player but as we've seen time after time; in a huge spot he crumbles. And unlike guys like Manny, Ortiz, Pujols etc etc, Arod really doesnt hit great pitching. He pads his numbers feasting on teams' garbage starters and relievers. He is soft.

Arod and his 252 million dollar contract came to the Yankees with the title of "the best player in baseball" and the world was put on his shoulders to deliver a World Series title to the Yankees. He failed to deliver and he got killed for it every single time.

So what does he do after this season ends? He gets a 275 million dollar contract! Now he's putting the entire solar system on his shoulders to deliver. And if he doesnt, he'll be killed for it worse than ever before.

He's a great player but as we've seen time after time; in a huge spot he crumbles. And unlike guys like Manny, Ortiz, Pujols etc etc, Arod really doesnt hit great pitching. He pads his numbers feasting on teams' garbage starters and relievers. He is soft.

Thanks to the media and the fans that buy into ARod is a failure if the Yanks don't win it all.

I've posted this in another thread somewhere, but do you think Red Sox fans hate Williams and Yaz because they didn't bring them a title? They were top money guys in their day.

actually

AROD vs:

Clemens: 20/56, 6 doubles 2 HR

Martinez: 17/56, 2 doubles 1 HR

Santana: 6/23. 2 HR

Colon: 22/51, 6 doubles 1 triple 8 HR

Mussina: 16/64, 1 double 1 triple 5 HR

Wells: 25/74, 5 doubles 8 HR

Zito: 14/66, 2 doubles, 5 HR

Schilling: 11/50, 1 double 4 HR

Halladay: 13/47, 4 doubles

Pettite: 10/45, 5 HR

Garland: 14/34, 2 doubles 2 HR

El Duque: 13/37, 3 doubles 5 HR

Hudson: 14/39, 2 doubles 3 HR

Beckett: 6/22, 2 doubles 1 HR

Sabathia: 7/18, 3 doubles

Mulder: 15/50, 1 double, 2 HR

little experience against:

Glavine: 2/10, 1 home run

Verlander: 1/8

Haraang: 4/6, 2 HR

Webb: 0/5

Johnson: 1/2, double

Maddux: 2/4, 1 double

closers

K-rod: 1/14

Nathan: 5/8, 3 doubles

Street: 0/5

Papelbon: 2/5, 1 HR

Rivera 4/12, 1 double

some guys he can pick apart

Thanks to the media and the fans that buy into ARod is a failure if the Yanks don't win it all.

I've posted this in another thread somewhere, but do you think Red Sox fans hate Williams and Yaz because they didn't bring them a title? They were top money guys in their day.

Nobody else in baseball has a 20 mill salary, I believe. Arod is FAR AND AWAY the games highest paid player. Therefore I expect him to not only be far and away the games best player (which he isnt) but to show up in the playoffs and bring us multiple WS titles. The Yankees won w/o him, dont forget.

He's putting the pressure on himself. And I dont wanna hear a peep outa the soft little vageen if he fails, unless its him taking the blame. No more excuses from payrod. And the way Boras threw Rivera under the bus for 2004 was just ridiculous. Arod is a joke of a teammate.

Ted Willams and Arod are in the same breath right now. Huge numbers and NOTHING to show for it. If ChokeRod continues on this path, he will be another perenial LOSER like Hitter.com was/is. Big game players, step up in big game situations. Red Sux fans can brag all they want right now, but the generations before them took the dirt nap, never seeing their team win anything. As Yankee fans we are a prou organization that has provided every egeneration with success. If CokeFraud won't contribute to that, he will wear bigger donkey ears than Hitter.com did.

Ted Willams and Arod are in the same breath right now. Huge numbers and NOTHING to show for it. If ChokeRod continues on this path, he will be another perenial LOSER like Hitter.com was/is. Big game players, step up in big game situations. Red Sux fans can brag all they want right now, but the generations before them took the dirt nap, never seeing their team win anything. As Yankee fans we are a prou organization that has provided every egeneration with success. If CokeFraud won't contribute to that, he will wear bigger donkey ears than Hitter.com did.

You know what I find ironic? All the Jets/Yanks fans that say that, but when our Jets finally DO win another Super Bowl, if the Patsie fans tried to pull out the "we won 3 in 5 years", plus whatever happens this year--you'd all get pissy and say "who cares, you didn't win this year!" Or if its been a while since a Pats win "how many Lombardi's in the past X years??"

Didn't he rack up most of those stats in the 19-8 ass kicking in game 3 of the ALCS in 2004?

ARod's statistics have managed to be the least impactful that I've ever seen. I mean the guy just chokes constantly in big situations. When he is producing it is almost always in meangingless games and situations where he wasn't even needed.

You know what I find ironic? All the Jets/Yanks fans that say that, but when our Jets finally DO win another Super Bowl, if the Patsie fans tried to pull out the "we won 3 in 5 years", plus whatever happens this year--you'd all get pissy and say "who cares, you didn't win this year!" Or if its been a while since a Pats win "how many Lombardi's in the past X years??"

IF, and thats a big IF the jets won a super bowl, I wouldn't go around telling Patsy fans how much better a FRANCHISE we are than them. One win doesn't equal tradition. I hope I see a Super Bowl by the Jets. If I don't , I can lump myself in with all the loser Blosux fans that are taking dirt naps , having never seen one . They can blame Hitter.com, Yaz, and company for that. I blame the Jets front office.

You guys act like Alex has never had a good post season series when in fact he's had as many good ones as bad.

Post season history is littered with superstars who struggled in the post season due to being pitched around and/or trying to do too much. Many eventually absolutely dominate a post season at some point. This will happen with Alex and naturallly we will hear from the anti ARod crowd how the Yanks didn't need his production this time or that Jeter talked to Alex resulting in a calmer approach.

Willie Mays post season career = 25 games with 1 HR - 10 RBI's and a .247 average.

Frank Robinson hit .238 in 35 post season games.

Reggie hit under .200 for 6 of his 17 post season series......all is forgiven due to 77-78.

Mike Schmidt hit .236 in 36 post season games.

Jeff Bagwell hit .226 in his post season career.

Derek Jeter has actually hit UNDER .250 in 9 of his 25 post season series.

ARod will produce ala the Twins series in 04 and better for the Yanks.

At that point all this talk will go away. For now however it's the last straw to grasp in the weak argument for those who somehow believe that he isn't the main cog on this Yankee team. Sorry to all the Jeter fans but Alex is the straw that stirs the Yankees drink.

Archived