Arod agrees to 10 yr deal

Smizzy

You guys act like Alex has never had a good post season series when in fact he's had as many good ones as bad.

Post season history is littered with superstars who struggled in the post season due to being pitched around and/or trying to do too much. Many eventually absolutely dominate a post season at some point. This will happen with Alex and naturallly we will hear from the anti ARod crowd how the Yanks didn't need his production this time or that Jeter talked to Alex resulting in a calmer approach.

Willie Mays post season career = 25 games with 1 HR - 10 RBI's and a .247 average.

Frank Robinson hit .238 in 35 post season games.

Reggie hit under .200 for 6 of his 17 post season series......all is forgiven due to 77-78.

Mike Schmidt hit .236 in 36 post season games.

Jeff Bagwell hit .226 in his post season career.

Derek Jeter has actually hit UNDER .250 in 9 of his 25 post season series.

ARod will produce ala the Twins series in 04 and better for the Yanks.

At that point all this talk will go away. For now however it's the last straw to grasp in the weak argument for those who somehow believe that he isn't the main cog on this Yankee team. Sorry to all the Jeter fans but Alex is the straw that stirs the Yankees drink.

Dude, if he and his agent (Boras) are going to build him up to be super human, than he better perform like a superhuman ALL the time, not just in the regular season. he has put all the pressure on himself.

I agree, he has done a lot of good things in the post season. but that last at bat against the Indians was horrible, not what I would expect from a superhuman being. he swung at a ball 1 foot out of the strike zone. and that's what people are going to remember.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, if he and his agent (Boras) are going to build him up to be super human, than he better perform like a superhuman ALL the time, not just in the regular season. he has put all the pressure on himself.

I agree, he has done a lot of good things in the post season. but that last at bat against the Indians was horrible, not what I would expect from a superhuman being. he swung at a ball 1 foot out of the strike zone. and that's what people are going to remember.

Agents are advertisers of their client. Same as any product. ARod was not the issue against the Indians and lets remember you don't sniff the post season w/out ARod.....Yank fans just have a problem stating the names of the 2 biggest goats in the Indian series.

Here, I'll help ya....... W_ng and J_t_r.

Feel free to buy a vowel if need be.

Agents are advertisers of their client. Same as any product. ARod was not the issue against the Indians and lets remember you don't sniff the post season w/out ARod.....Yank fans just have a problem stating the names of the 2 biggest goats in the Indian series.

Here, I'll help ya....... W_ng and J_t_r.

Feel free to buy a vowel if need be.

Arod was a big problem against the Indians. He had a bunch of embarrassing strike outs with RISP. He looked completely lost at the plate.

Jeter had a bad series. Why do you keep pointing that out like we dont know that already?

Arod was a big problem against the Indians. He had a bunch of embarrassing strike outs with RISP. He looked completely lost at the plate.

Jeter had a bad series. Why do you keep pointing that out like we dont know that already?

Because as usual ARod is being blamed for the early dismissal due to his salary when in fact multiple rallies at critical times during that series were ended by a popout or DP grounder by someone other than ARod.

This notion that ARod should get the Yanks to the WS on his own is ludicrous. Like with Beckett your tune will change once ARod dominates a postseason.

Because as usual ARod is being blamed for the early dismissal due to his salary when in fact multiple rallies at critical times during that series were ended by a popout or DP grounder by someone other than ARod.

This notion that ARod should get the Yanks to the WS on his own is ludicrous. Like with Beckett your tune will change once ARod dominates a postseason.

I never said they need Arod to carry them. He needs to get a few big hits, which he hasnt been capable of doing in October since 04. He's looked completely lost at the plate. When the "best player in baseball" is getting embarrassed by Paul Byrd, somethings wrong. Arod, like others had many chances to come through with a big hit, and he couldnt do it. Ofcourse the spotlights going to be on Arod more than other guys in the lineup.

Your vendetta against Jeter is becomming borederline absurd.

I never said they need Arod to carry them. He needs to get a few big hits, which he hasnt been capable of doing in October since 04. He's looked completely lost at the plate. When the "best player in baseball" is getting embarrassed by Paul Byrd, somethings wrong. Arod, like others had many chances to come through with a big hit, and he couldnt do it. Ofcourse the spotlights going to be on Arod more than other guys in the lineup.

Your vendetta against Jeter is becomming borederline absurd.

Just so I understand you. Last season the stance was Jeter was a better player than ARod correct? Now, he gets a pass for one of the most horrific post season series ever witnessed yet the inferior player in your mind (ARod) gets the blame?

Actually he's top 5 but yeah you get the jist. Listening to the anti ARod crowd is akin to all the Peyton Manning haters prior to him finally winning a SB.

When Arod delivers in a big spot, you and all the other yankee haters/arod lovers can talk. Until then.....

Actually he's top 5 but yeah you get the jist. Listening to the anti ARod crowd is akin to all the Peyton Manning haters prior to him finally winning a SB.

top 5? hah. other than Hanley Ramirez theres nobody near Jeter's status.

look at the last 2 years

1a jeter .333/.402/.468 78 doubles 7 triples 26 homers 170 RBI 220 runs 125 bb 49 SB 127 OPS+

1b ramirez .312/.369/.521 94 doubles, 17 triples 46 homers 140 rbi 244 runs, 108 bb 102 SB 130 OPS+

3 rollins .287/.339/.505 83 doubles 29 triples 55 homers 177 rbi 266 runs 106 bb 77 SB 110 OPS+

4 guillen .308/.379/.510 76 doubles 14 triples 40 homers 187 rbi 186 runs 126 bb 33 sb 130 OPS+

5 reyes .290/.354/.453 66 doubles 29 triples 31 homers 138 rbi 241 runs 138 bb 142 SB 109 OPS+

6 young .314/.360/.439 89 doubles 4 triples 23 homers 197 rbi 173 runs 95 bb 20 sb 108 OPS+

7 tejada .315/.370/.473 56 doubles 1 triple 42 homers 181 rbi 171 runs 87 bb 8 sb 119 OPS+

8 renteria .310/.374/.451 70 doubles 3 triples 26 homers 127 rbi 187 runs 108 bb 28 sb 113 OPS+

Just so I understand you. Last season the stance was Jeter was a better player than ARod correct? Now, he gets a pass for one of the most horrific post season series ever witnessed yet the inferior player in your mind (ARod) gets the blame?

Arod's postseason was just as horrific.

Im sorry you hate Derek Jeter that much. Why you're so mad I dont know.

top 5? hah. other than Hanley Ramirez theres nobody near Jeter's status.

look at the last 2 years

1a jeter .333/.402/.468 78 doubles 7 triples 26 homers 170 RBI 220 runs 125 bb 49 SB 127 OPS+

1b ramirez .312/.369/.521 94 doubles, 17 triples 46 homers 140 rbi 244 runs, 108 bb 102 SB 130 OPS+

3 rollins .287/.339/.505 83 doubles 29 triples 55 homers 177 rbi 266 runs 106 bb 77 SB 110 OPS+

4 guillen .308/.379/.510 76 doubles 14 triples 40 homers 187 rbi 186 runs 126 bb 33 sb 130 OPS+

5 reyes .290/.354/.453 66 doubles 29 triples 31 homers 138 rbi 241 runs 138 bb 142 SB 109 OPS+

6 young .314/.360/.439 89 doubles 4 triples 23 homers 197 rbi 173 runs 95 bb 20 sb 108 OPS+

7 tejada .315/.370/.473 56 doubles 1 triple 42 homers 181 rbi 171 runs 87 bb 8 sb 119 OPS+

8 renteria .310/.374/.451 70 doubles 3 triples 26 homers 127 rbi 187 runs 108 bb 28 sb 113 OPS+

Lets look at this year and I said he's in the top 5.

I take Hanley, Reyes, Rollins, the kid from Colorado over him along with Guillen when healthy. Lets not forget that defensively he is arguably the worst in BB.

I don't hate the guy he just is not remotely close to the player ARod is.

Lets look at this year and I said he's in the top 5.

I take Hanley, Reyes, Rollins, the kid from Colorado over him along with Guillen when healthy. Lets not forget that defensively he is arguably the worst in BB.

I don't hate the guy he just is not remotely close to the player ARod is.

guillen is so ****ing bad on defense he got switched this off season, how do you put him above Jeter?

tulowitzki over Jeter in 2007? haha nice one

Arod or Jeter...who do you take for next season if you can only have one?

Arod. But this also a ficitonal scenario.

Playoff AB, Jeter without hesitation.

You call Jeter possibly the worst defensive SS in baseball and go on to name Guillen a better player than him.

You hate Jeter, we get it. The 2000 WS performance still burns hard I guess.

guillen is so ****ing bad on defense he got switched this off season, how do you put him above Jeter?

tulowitzki over Jeter in 2007? haha nice one

Doesnt Tulowitzki worship Derek Jeter?

This is embarassing. 2 years ago David Eckstein was better than Jeter. Now Troy Tulowitzki.

Jeter makin em mad ever day.

Doesnt Tulowitzki worship Derek Jeter?

This is embarassing. 2 years ago David Eckstein was better than Jeter. Now Troy Tulowitzki.

Jeter makin em mad ever day.

hahaha yeah, thats why i used 06 AND 07 in my stats for best SS, larger bodies of work.

GS would rip Guillen if he were a Yank

Jeter Runs 102

Tulowitzki Runs 104.

Jeter Hits 206

Tulowitzki 177

Jeter BA .322

Tulowitzki .291

Jeter HR 12

Tulowitzki 24

Jeter RBI 73

Tulowitzki 99

Jeter BB56

Tulowitzki 57

Jeter OBP .388

Tulowitzki .359

Jeter OPS 121

Tulowitzki 108

Jeter Total Bases 289

Tulowitzki 292

Factor in that Tulowitzki is a superior defensive player in most peoples opinion and this is far from a absurd comparison.

Jeter Runs 102

Tulowitzki Runs 104.

Jeter Hits 206

Tulowitzki 177

Jeter BA .322

Tulowitzki .291

Jeter HR 12

Tulowitzki 24

Jeter RBI 73

Tulowitzki 99

Jeter BB56

Tulowitzki 57

Jeter OBP .388

Tulowitzki .359

Jeter OPS 121

Tulowitzki 108

Jeter Total Bases 289

Tulowitzki 292

Factor in that Tulowitzki is a superior defensive player in most peoples opinion and this is far from a absurd comparison.

Tulowitzki has played one full season. Jeter has 13. Stop.

Jeter Runs 102

Tulowitzki Runs 104.

Jeter Hits 206

Tulowitzki 177

Jeter BA .322

Tulowitzki .291

Jeter HR 12

Tulowitzki 24

Jeter RBI 73

Tulowitzki 99

Jeter BB56

Tulowitzki 57

Jeter OBP .388

Tulowitzki .359

Jeter OPS 121

Tulowitzki 108

Jeter Total Bases 289

Tulowitzki 292

:lol: tulowitzki plays in the NL West, AND in Colorado, i don't buy straight up statistical comparisons

btw that 13 points of OPS+ is a BIG difference

Archived