Which Yankee gets fired first???

Jet/BosoxFan

Hey, its not me asking this question...its the NYPost.com website who links every sports article today to the poll "Who should george fire" that wants to know...

Basically, they give you Torre, Stottlemeyer, Mattingly, or Cashman. Since Torre and Donnie are untouchable, its really between Mel and Brian, like it matters if those guys stay or leave. Really, the best thing that could happen is if george steps down, fires his "crack staff of Baseball people in Tampa" and lets his son-in-law take over ASAP.

Hey, its not me asking this question...its the NYPost.com website who links every sports article today to the poll "Who should george fire" that wants to know...

Basically, they give you Torre, Stottlemeyer, Mattingly, or Cashman. Since Torre and Donnie are untouchable, its really between Mel and Brian, like it matters if those guys stay or leave. Really, the best thing that could happen is if george steps down, fires his "crack staff of Baseball people in Tampa" and lets his son-in-law take over ASAP.

Cashman needs to go first. He should have went the day after the choke last postseason. George would have sent a nice message if he did that.

Cash doesn't have an easy job because he doesn't always have the final say. But someone should pay for what happened. And it can't be Joe. Too much goodwill in the bank. Joe goes when he has had enough.

Besides Mattingly should stay because he finally got through to Giambi. Uh, if nobody is at 3b maybe you should hit the ball there. What a novel idea.

Cashman needs to go first. He should have went the day after the choke last postseason. George would have sent a nice message if he did that.

Cash doesn't have an easy job because he doesn't always have the final say. But someone should pay for what happened. And it can't be Joe. Too much goodwill in the bank. Joe goes when he has had enough.

Besides Mattingly should stay because he finally got through to Giambi. Uh, if nobody is at 3b maybe you should hit the ball there. What a novel idea.

Cashman would party the night away of he got fired. He's been trying to get away from George for the past three years and George won't let him leave.

IMO, it's Joe that gets the whack. It's soooo clear that he's burnt out and doesn't give a sh*t any more.

Donny was a bad hire from Day One. The guy was a mess mechanically his last few years at the plate/ Am I the only one that remembers how embarrassing it was watching Donnie Baseball come out with two or three different batting stances...in the same GAME!? If HE was a mental disaster at the plate, how is he supposed to teach anyone else how to hit?

Cashman would party the night away of he got fired. He's been trying to get away from George for the past three years and George won't let him leave.

IMO, it's Joe that gets the whack. It's soooo clear that he's burnt out and doesn't give a sh*t any more.

Donny was a bad hire from Day One. The guy was a mess mechanically his last few years at the plate/ Am I the only one that remembers how embarrassing it was watching Donnie Baseball come out with two or three different batting stances...in the same GAME!? If HE was a mental disaster at the plate, how is he supposed to teach anyone else how to hit?

Mattingly was a dreadful hire from the 'Git Go...but he cant be fired because:

1. He is gonna be the next manager once Joe gets axed

2. If he does get sh*tcanned, he will boycott the Stadium for decades like Yogi did. george doesnt want that. Or does he even care at this point considering the fact that the Old Man has about 9 toes in the grave?

I say its a tough call between Joe T and Donnie Baseball...youre right about Cashman, if george really wanted to punish him, he'd re-up Brian C.

Mel S seems like too much of a no-brainer and that nothing will change if he leaves.

Mattingly was a dreadful hire from the 'Git Go...but he cant be fired because:

1. He is gonna be the next manager once Joe gets axed

2. If he does get sh*tcanned, he will boycott the Stadium for decades like Yogi did. george doesnt want that. Or does he even care at this point considering the fact that the Old Man has about 9 toes in the grave?

I say its a tough call between Joe T and Donnie Baseball...youre right about Cashman, if george really wanted to punish him, he'd re-up Brian C.

Mel S seems like too much of a no-brainer and that nothing will change if he leaves.

Silly JBF-

Girardi is the next manager-period. That's why the Yanks outbid tv, the Cubs and Rockies for him to be their bench coach. He was a solid catcher and a Northwestern grad. Mattingly wants to go back to Indiana and raise horses so bad he'd welcome being fired.But that won't happen.

Stottelmyre figures to go. Let's see-what do these guys have in common-Lilly, Wells, Weaver, Rogers, El Duque, Benitez, Contreras, Loaiza, Vazquez, Brezobhan, Westbrook, Wickman, Mecir-(and soon to be added when they go-Pavano and Wright)? That would be servicable solid major league pitchers who Mel "strikeouts are bad" Stottelmyre couldn't work with.

Billy Connors catches a world of sheet, and may be that's deserved-I'm missing where he turned anyone around either.

But nobody on the Yankees lives up to their career elsewhere before or after lately(excepting guys who where here before-Rivera, Pettitte; or guys who are their own coaches-Clemens, Wells, Mussina) and they try to throw a perfect ptich and get behind every batter and into deep counts. That has to be Stottelmyre's responsiblity. And then they wondered why the Yanks' bullpen was on fumes last October.

Henn again walks the ballpark yesterday,and looks like he was shot out of cannon afterward. It wasn't that complicated-throw strikes, early and often. But every Yankee pitcher seems hellbent to make a perfect pitch. That doesn't work,andit works even less when teams know that the Yanks' strategy is to try to get the perfect pitch. The Mets knew it yesterday, and barely swung until they had at least a strike on'em.

I have no idea if Henn is a real prospect. But he's big, throws hard and is a leftie. And he shouldn't have been under any pressure at all. And Stott's advice seems to be a scared, don't make a mistake approach that's the worst thing you can do.And that's been the story with damn near everyone. Wang may not have understood enough English his first few starts, but now he looks like that too.

Torre is safe for this season. But you have to think both he and Steinbrenner will look back on this mess and wonder if it's just long enough and part ways. Nobody gets a MLB managing job forever, and at some point players tune you out no matter what.

Silly JBF-

Girardi is the next manager-period. That's why the Yanks outbid tv, the Cubs and Rockies for him to be their bench coach. He was a solid catcher and a Northwestern grad. Mattingly wants to go back to Indiana and raise horses so bad he'd welcome being fired.But that won't happen.

Stottelmyre figures to go. Let's see-what do these guys have in common-Lilly, Wells, Weaver, Rogers, El Duque, Benitez, Contreras, Loaiza, Vazquez, Brezobhan, Westbrook, Wickman, Mecir-(and soon to be added when they go-Pavano and Wright)? That would be servicable solid major league pitchers who Mel "strikeouts are bad" Stottelmyre couldn't work with.

Billy Connors catches a world of sheet, and may be that's deserved-I'm missing where he turned anyone around either.

But nobody on the Yankees lives up to their career elsewhere before or after lately(excepting guys who where here before-Rivera, Pettitte; or guys who are their own coaches-Clemens, Wells, Mussina) and they try to throw a perfect ptich and get behind every batter and into deep counts. That has to be Stottelmyre's responsiblity. And then they wondered why the Yanks' bullpen was on fumes last October.

Henn again walks the ballpark yesterday,and looks like he was shot out of cannon afterward. It wasn't that complicated-throw strikes, early and often. But every Yankee pitcher seems hellbent to make a perfect pitch. That doesn't work,andit works even less when teams know that the Yanks' strategy is to try to get the perfect pitch. The Mets knew it yesterday, and barely swung until they had at least a strike on'em.

I have no idea if Henn is a real prospect. But he's big, throws hard and is a leftie. And he shouldn't have been under any pressure at all. And Stott's advice seems to be a scared, don't make a mistake approach that's the worst thing you can do.And that's been the story with damn near everyone. Wang may not have understood enough English his first few starts, but now he looks like that too.

Torre is safe for this season. But you have to think both he and Steinbrenner will look back on this mess and wonder if it's just long enough and part ways. Nobody gets a MLB managing job forever, and at some point players tune you out no matter what.

Sottlmyre HAS GOT TO GO

And if the Yankees back don't wake up in the next 2 weeks, Mattingly should get a big kick in the @ss and be sent packing as well.

Torre needs to rip this team in public. He needs to show this primadonna filled team who's boss and that he's not gonna take this sh*tty play any longer. Closed door meetings aren't doing anything.

Sottlmyre HAS GOT TO GO

And if the Yankees back don't wake up in the next 2 weeks, Mattingly should get a big kick in the @ss and be sent packing as well.

Torre needs to rip this team in public. He needs to show this primadonna filled team who's boss and that he's not gonna take this sh*tty play any longer. Closed door meetings aren't doing anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Mattingly is giving these hitters too much to think about coming to bat. It's a game of pitchers throwing the ball and batters trying to hit it. Show me another hitting coach that has these little meetings in the dugout with a little black book shoved in their face?

Batters need to relax coming to the plate...damn, do you think Mantle, Mays, Aaron, etc. had some hitting coach preaching from some book before they batted?

Hit the freaken ball already!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Mattingly is giving these hitters too much to think about coming to bat. It's a game of pitchers throwing the ball and batters trying to hit it. Show me another hitting coach that has these little meetings in the dugout with a little black book shoved in their face?

Batters need to relax coming to the plate...damn, do you think Mantle, Mays, Aaron, etc. had some hitting coach preaching from some book before they batted?

Hit the freaken ball already!

The Post is running out of "the Yankees are awful" headlines.

Beginning with last years's ALCS choke here are some of the best headlines we've seen:

What a choke, Hell Freezes Over, the Choke's on Us, Stinkees, Dead Team Walking, Dead Bat Society, and Giamboo, which of course proves that the headline writers read this forum, particularly my posts as I've been calling Jason Giambi by that name since the offseason

The Post is running out of "the Yankees are awful" headlines.

Beginning with last years's ALCS choke here are some of the best headlines we've seen:

What a choke, Hell Freezes Over, the Choke's on Us, Stinkees, Dead Team Walking, Dead Bat Society, and Giamboo, which of course proves that the headline writers read this forum, particularly my posts as I've been calling Jason Giambi by that name since the offseason

Archived