The Football Gods Are Crying(?)

green_blood

In a year where no team seems to be intending upon reaching the National Championship, two favorites have just dropped out. Texas Tech beat Oklahoma and Oregon lost to the mighty Arizona Wildcats with Willy "Dizzy" Tuitama at the helm. Kansas and Hawaii are the last undefeated teams, Hawaii having a terribly weak schedule and Kansas averaging nearly 60 ppg at home. But that could end when Kansas and Missouri play in the Big 12 North Championship game. LSU is #1, but playing Georgia is the SEC Championship game will be their hardest test, and looking at the way the season has been going, you might as well throw the spreads out the window. This has probably been the most unpredictable season, before Dixon went down, it looked like he had the Heisman locked up, but now, the real question is, are voters going to elect Tim Tebow, the seemingly greatest dual threat QB ever even though he is a Sophomore, or will Darren McFadden, a forgotten man this season, get what was the only reason why he didn't try to pull a Maurice Clarett. This season is the final proof needed to install the playoff system in college football, because if it isn't, the gods must be crazy.

Actually, i think they're laughing.

The #2s who lost were pretenders. Lots of pretenders in the field this year. oregon-frauds, BC-frauds, OU, Cal, USC, not good enough either.

That Kansas-Mo game next week is shaping up to be very interesting.

LSU fans will be pulling for Tennessee this weekend big time.

It doesn't really matter.

I'd prefer Tennessee over Georgia, but I think the Tigers will play down to the Vols' level in the title game. They've done that throughout conference play except against Miss St.

Archived