We Have A Game Thursday! Jets vs Cowboys: Predicitions?

Barton

I have had a good feeling about this game for a week now. I think we will be in this thing and have a chance to win it in the 2nd half. Something tells me Clemens will have his best game as a pro thus far. Just a hunch, assuming Coles plays though. If he doesnt, we can still win but it will be much harder for Clemens and the offense.

Any word on Coles? Anyways, lets hear everyones predictions!

I say the Jets win.

(btw, i misspelled predictions in the thread title, so if a mod can fix that for me please)

I have had a good feeling about this game for a week now. I think we will be in this thing and have a chance to win it in the 2nd half. Something tells me Clemens will have his best game as a pro thus far. Just a hunch, assuming Coles plays though. If he doesnt, we can still win but it will be much harder for Clemens and the offense.

I say the Jets win.

(btw, i misspelled predictions in the thread title, so if a mod can fix that for me please)

I'm with you. One thing, i heard Coles really didnt play much after that big catch on the flicker play. Thats when he hurt his ankle. I think even with him down we can manage although having him out there as a decoy really helps. Whatever man coqboys are a weak 9-1. The nfc is weak when compared to a powerhouse like NE or even Indy. they barley beat the Skins and got throttled by the Pats like the rest of us. Frankly theres the Pats right now and then theres everyone else. Mangini is right when he says a hand full of plays and we are 8-2...

I predict the following

I will have a nice Turkey Dinner

with mashed potatos, Cornbread stuffing, Green Beans with almonds, some

tasty Pop-overs and finished with some Pumpkin Pie

Who cares if we win as long as KC continues to improve and Harris continues

to eat RB's for Lunch

Can't wait till Mr Harris meets Cindy Lou, A Mo lewis type hit is my only Xmas

Wish!!!!!!!!

I'm with you. One thing, i heard Coles really didnt play much after that big catch on the flicker play. Thats when he hurt his ankle. I think even with him down we can manage although having him out there as a decoy really helps. Whatever man coqboys are a weak 9-1. The nfc is weak when compared to a powerhouse like NE or even Indy. they barley beat the Skins and got throttled by the Pats like the rest of us. Frankly theres the Pats right now and then theres everyone else. Mangini is right when he says a hand full of plays and we are 8-2...

I think we can run the ball up the gut on the cowboys early on and take advantage of their spotty secondary with some PA, bootleg, stop and go routes etc etc. The Cowboys have a good defense that can attack the QB, but if we set the tempo early on and our defense shows up again, I really like our chances in this game. And I believe that with an improved pass rush, Revis and Rhodes can limit Owens. Witten may be a problem though.

It would be incredible to go into their house, on their thanksgiving game and beat them in front of a national audience. Lets show the world the Jets are a team on the rise.

I say the Jets win.

A national audience that once again adores its Gay Cowboys? The NFL will make sure the Jets see lots of critical flags.

If it were Sunday we might have had 1/2 of chance

Short week, without Coles.. doubt he plays

will make it tough

Anyone know what Injury Stuckey had to be put on IR

We need this kid to be playing, if he just had a few bruises.. it was stupid

move unless a bone was broken or ACL.

This is the first game were I will really be expecting Clemens to put up big numbers and lead this team to victory, IMO he can't just 'manage' this game. On offence I think we should try and cause some matchup problems, like getting Washington or Baker matched up with Roy Williams in coverage (or anyone matched up with Williams for that matter). I don't thinkwe'll have as much success running as we did vs The Steelers although after that display who knows. The real way you can hurt the Boys though is by going down the field. Clemens must take advantage of the big arm and make some big plays, if Coles is healthy that becomes a lot easier.

On defence it will be tough,I'm still not convinced we can stop a power running game (see Najeh Davenport) so Marion Barber could really hurt us, I'm a lot more worried about him than TJ junior. Then we have #81 to stop, that should be fun. Personally I really don't think our D will be nearly as dominant today as they were vs Pitt, I hope we mix it up like we did yesterday playing Ellis at LB more and D-Rob at end with a little more David Bowens in there too. It will be difficult, with guys like Owens, Witten and Barber at Romo's disposal he will probably have a big day, thats why I think if we're going to win this game it's going to be because of Clemens. This is a big game for him and I hope to God he can pull it out.

Lets Go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

This is the first game were I will really be expecting Clemens to put up big numbers and lead this team to victory, IMO he can't just 'manage' this game. On offence I think we should try and cause some matchup problems, like getting Washington or Baker matched up with Roy Williams in coverage (or anyone matched up with Williams for that matter). I don't thinkwe'll have as much success running as we did vs The Steelers although after that display who knows. The real way you can hurt the Boys though is by going down the field. Clemens must take advantage of the big arm and make some big plays, if Coles is healthy that becomes a lot easier.

On defence it will be tough,I'm still not convinced we can stop a power running game (see Najeh Davenport) so Marion Barber could really hurt us, I'm a lot more worried about him than TJ junior. Then we have #81 to stop, that should be fun. Personally I really don't think our D will be nearly as dominant today as they were vs Pitt, I hope we mix it up like we did yesterday playing Ellis at LB more and D-Rob at end with a little more David Bowens in there too. It will be difficult, with guys like Owens, Witten and Barber at Romo's disposal he will probably have a big day, thats why I think if we're going to win this game it's going to be because of Clemens. This is a big game for him and I hope to God he can pull it out.

Lets Go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

i disagree- I do not believe this is a big game for him.. short week will

make it real tough

1. The Pokes will not take us lightly, the Steelers obviously did and paid for it.

2. With coles Probably out, Dallas will roll coverage to Cotch's side. Baker may be his only option. Smith needs to bounce back, he has the talent.

3. If D can contain TO and keep us in the game.....

As long as they continue to be watchable i will be satisfied!

LC has a high ankle sprain and I'd have to say is doubtful to go. Hopefully the offense will fair better against Dallas then it did against Washington and in the 2nd half yesterday without LC. Brad Smith or Justin McCareins have to step it up with Jerricho Cotchery being taken out most likely by Terence Newman.

Either way, it is going to be a very good game IF the Jets can continue to stop the run like they did yesterday. Marion Barber and Julius Jones will present a lot of problems for this team, not to say that Willie Parker did not entering yesterdays game, but the key is whether this team can be consistent. They have not rushed the ball nor stopped the run consistently all season. Lets hope they don't have an off day on Turkey Day.

J

E

T

S

JETS

JETS

JETS

!!!!!!!!

We have invited out neighbors over for dinner -- They are from California but huge Cowboy fans -- they have said they will wear their jerseys -- I say bring it on and I will wear my Jets gear as well -

Nothing would please me more than a Jets victory on Thanksgiving against the hated pokes -- I have some bragging rights on a Steelers fan I work with and to have it on Dallas fans would make my season -- J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS 24 Cowgirls 21 --

Do you know whats gay???

I wont be eating any turkey, having any holidays or doing anything different other than watching Thursady Night Football. Damn you Americans with your little make believe Holidays, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!banging.gif

Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, etc...

It's the best food anyone can ask for.

Wasn't it last Thanksgiving that Romo had a huge day and became a name evrybody knew?

Could this be Clemens Day, maybe.

Gotta take care of TO to have any chance here.

Big line, saw 14 this morning.

I just hope the guys play well, a W would be gravy.

Theres a difference between playing the Bucs from last year and the Cowboys from this year unfortunately.:bag:

Cowboys 35

Jets 10

We will get demolished. There is no way I see us winning this game. We still did a lot of things wrong on sunday. Clemens wasnt very good outside of the game tying drive. before that he had 104yds passing, with Coles catch accounting for 56 yards. He made quite a few terrible throws. But he did a nice job moving us down the field to tie the game.

Defense did a great job, but still need more consistent pressure... a lot of those sacks were coverage sacks. for once we could cover people. now we have to cover TO, and remember what Moss did to us???

offensive line finally did a good job on protection, giving Jones a chance.

to win we have to rush for over 100 yds, get a td or 2 on the ground, and Clemens needs to play well. Defense MUST play at least as good as this weekend.

My predictions are this

11AM: I start drinking..Bloody Mary's

12PM-4PM: I start eating and drinking (eat a little and drink a little)

4PM-7PM: Drinking (only eating at half time)

After the game: Bananas Forester (sp?) yum yum. Belly up

I'm not predicting anything having to do with the game though.

i should probably leave this in the Fantasy lounge, but if you are an owner of Romo...do you bench him our of pride?

i'm thinkin so.

I'm leaving him in and I hope he throws for 300 yards 2tds and 1 game losing interception late in the 4th quarter.

I really don't know what to think.. Will the defense play like it did yesterday? Will the offense continue to struggle?

If they come out with the same intensity as yesterday, I'd say they have a shot.. But if they come out like they have all season long, it might be a long day.

If they wind up losing 24-16, then I'd say they are making changes and improvements and things could be looking up in the future. If they get beat 31-10, I'd think yesterdays game was more of a fluke than anything else.

Archived