Anyone else not impressed with Clemens??

K-Rhodes25

Don't get me wrong i like clemens im not saying i dont like him or dont think hes good and im never one whos gonna hope a player on my team does bad just for my stupid selfish reasons but i wasnt impressed with his play

i think he made a lot of stupid throws which he got away with

i was impressed with a lot of other things like the final drive but overall

i didnt think he was very good yesterday but anyway he did get the w and thats all that matters

Clemens had 104yds passing before the final drive in regulation.

93 yds passing in the 1st half - 56yd pass to coles... so outside of that he had 37 yards!

11 yards passing in the 2nd half before the final drive.

Clemens did not play well at all on sunday. he made quite a few bad passes. he made bad decisions. That interception was horrible. But he did get it together for the final drive.

Yes we won. I was impressed with his composure on the final drive in regulation. But the rest of the game was crap.

93 yds passing in the 1st half - 56yd pass to coles... so outside of that he had 37 yards!

Clemens did not play well at all on sunday. he made quite a few bad passes. he made bad decisions. That interception was horrible. But he did get it together for the final drive.

Yes we won. I was impressed with his composure on the final drive in regulation. But the rest of the game was crap.

It's not like we were going 3 and out every series. His yards were down, but Jones' were way up. It would have been nice to have a few more yards, but it is a process.

He'll get a little better each week.

SPLIT BAKER OUT WIDE!!!

When you look at the drive chart

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071118020&page=plays

it becomes understandable how he only had 11 yard passing in the thirrd and pasrt of the 4th Q. He was sacked twice during the first drive, the second drive was all TJ, the next drive they turned it over on downs, he only threw one or two passes on that drive. The next drive was the interception, followed by turning it over on downs again, and only one or two pass plays on that drive. So, the playcalling has a lot to do with it, as do the sacks and running game. It's not like its all on him.

The thing that is most impressive is that he is not throwing picks when things arent happening. He is doing really well protecting the ball against some good defenses. He has a lot of poise, and determination, and I really like his intangibles so far.

I think Clemens is pretty impressive for such a young QB. But i do think the jets got to anxious and should have road Pennington till he finally collapsed. Clemens would have faired better with another full year on the bench, he just doesn't "get it" yet, as his mistakes have shown.

I think Clemens is pretty impressive for such a young QB. But i do think the jets got to anxious and should have road Pennington till he finally collapsed. Clemens would have faired better with another full year on the bench, he just doesn't "get it" yet, as his mistakes have shown.

Pennington collapsed in '04.

u would say that cuz u would rather face penny boy than the rocket boy next week

I think everyone needs to keep things in perspective: Clemens has started 3 games as a pro, 3. I have seen enough with regard to arm strength, decison making and toughness that makes me think that we just may have a good QB on our hands. No young QB is going to light it up on a regular basis. There will be growing pains, but let's go through that now when there is nothing to lose. People are critiquing his play as if he were a 5 year vet. Give the kid a chance.

I was most impressed with him leading us down the field to get the tying field goal after we gave up the lead we had the whole game.

When was the last time you saw the Jets go down the field effectively in the 2 minute drill?

I can't remember either.

It's his 3rd ever career start and he lead a game tying drive with the game on the line. And he did it against the #1 defense in football. And OBTW, it would have been the game winning drive with the game on the line had Smith caught the ball in the endzone there.

Really, you people are just sounding so dumb lately. I swear, ecurb makes everyone else dumber.

And Vince Young sucks.

It's his 3rd ever career start and he lead a game tying drive with the game on the line. And he did it against the #1 defense in football. And OBTW, it would have been the game winning drive with the game on the line had Smith caught the ball in the endzone there.

Plus Coles has been out for most of the last two games.

Really, you people are just sounding so dumb lately. I swear, ecurb makes everyone else dumber.

And Vince Young sucks.

so the best way to evaluate a QB is based on the final drive? Shouldnt we be evaluating him based on his entire performance??? Thats why the Pats are so good. They look for the mistakes they made and find ways to improve to not make those mistakes. If the coaches or players are happy with their performance yesterday (not the result, the performance), they better just pack up and go home now. There were a lot of things the Jets did wrong and need to correct.

I'm happy as sh!t we won. I'm happy as sh!t Clemens lead us on that drive to tie (and should have won). But Im not going to ignore the fact he had 104 yards passing going into the final drive. That is not acceptable. Whether playcalling, coaching, protection, lack of #1 receiver, inexperience, whatever.. we need to do a better job passing the ball all game or we arent going to have too many final drives.

And to ignore that is dumb.

so the best way to evaluate a QB is based on the final drive? Shouldnt we be evaluating him based on his entire performance??? Thats why the Pats are so good. They look for the mistakes they made and find ways to improve to not make those mistakes. If the coaches or players are happy with their performance yesterday (not the result, the performance), they better just pack up and go home now. There were a lot of things the Jets did wrong and need to correct.

I'm happy as sh!t we won. I'm happy as sh!t Clemens lead us on that drive to tie (and should have won). But Im not going to ignore the fact he had 104 yards passing going into the final drive. That is not acceptable. Whether playcalling, coaching, protection, lack of #1 receiver, inexperience, whatever.. we need to do a better job passing the ball all game or we arent going to have too many final drives.

And to ignore that is dumb.

You dont judge a 24 yr old QB making his 3rd ever career start on the same scale as a 4 year starter.

I was most impressed with him leading us down the field to get the tying field goal after we gave up the lead we had the whole game.

and that was great. He is clutch at the end (Balt, Pitt)

but the passing game was non-existent the rest of the game. WR's couldnt get open or catch the ball. Line collapsed at inopportune times. Clemens made bad throws.

If any other QB does that we're calling for his head. Clemens leads us on the game tying drive and we are supposed to forget everything else he did...

I like his development so far. I just want to continue to see this improvement week after week.

You dont judge a 24 yr old QB making his 3rd ever career start on the same scale as a 4 year starter.

I didnt. but if you ignore what the passing game did the rest of the game, that is either foolish or you have an agenda.

he played like sh!t yesterday. You evaluate your talent based on their entire performance. He didnt perform the whole game. He needs to improve and quickly.

Against 2 of the top defenses in the league he did everything he needed to do to win the game. If not for McCareins he would be 2-0 against those D's with only 3 total NFL starts. Chad Pennington, in all his starts, has never beaten a top tier D. He played just fine considering it was his 3rd NFL start against a D like that.

yes he has. Without Coles our WR are invisible. And when he does get them open, he either misses them or they get the dropsies.

The whole passing game suffered yesterday. Lots of work to do.

They were covered like flypaper from what I saw. We have some games left this season against weaker pass D's. I look forward to seeing what we look like then. Drops are a problem this year but we should have guys open with or without Coles in the line up.

I didnt. but if you ignore what the passing game did the rest of the game, that is either foolish or you have an agenda.

he played like sh!t yesterday. You evaluate your talent based on their entire performance. He didnt perform the whole game. He needs to improve and quickly.

Anybody who says he played like sh#t isnt judging him on a 1st year starter scale like they should be.

Thank you for proving my point.

He's played 3 games on a team that is 2-8. If he's doing the same thing this time next year, then maybe we could start saying they might need a new QB.

But right now, he's doing ok. He's not lighting up the scoreboard, but for a rookie QB, he sure isn't making that many stupid mistakes... Yeah he threw that pick, but other than that, he's not making mental errors.

I'm not calling him a Pro Bowl QB, but I've seen a few things from him that shows he has talent, skill, and could become good. Who knows where it all leads, but he deserves a lot more than 3 games before you say "he's terrible."

Don't get me wrong i like clemens im not saying i dont like him or dont think hes good and im never one whos gonna hope a player on my team does bad just for my stupid selfish reasons but i wasnt impressed with his play

i think he made a lot of stupid throws which he got away with

i was impressed with a lot of other things like the final drive but overall

i didnt think he was very good yesterday but anyway he did get the w and thats all that matters

I see what you are saying...but, he is playing this season to learn. We will not make the playoffs, but clemens is in to learn the game at this level.

He will improve each game. He will have bad games and have great games. Next season he will just be better than he is now.

Archived