My three cents:

PantyHose&Furs

First, I don't miss Vilma at all. Move him and get the best deal for him. In my mind he's mediocre and nothing more.

Second, we need more talented receivers. We're not deep enough here and if we're trying to build for long term success we need to score. Our WR corp needs to improve.

Third, watching Cutler and Young play last night and seeing how much more polished they are 15 games into their careers gets me even more excited about Kellen's growth potential. Why?

Because Mangini has demonstrated that he can develop the talent on the team:

-Leon Washington has improved since Day 1

-Mangold and D'Brick are doing very well for 2nd yr players and continue to improve

-Kerry Rhodes has played better

-Cotchery has played better, so has Coles and Brad Smith

-Revis, Harris - doing well for first year players

-Pouha developing a small role

-even DRob continues to improve - he sucked w/ Herm and he's no good now...but he's playing better...

My point is that I believe Mangini is a good teacher and gives us a good chance to get Clemens to his potential. 12 more games from now he'll be much more polished, confident, explosive, etc.

Clemens already makes plays Penny could never make. His 5-6 yd outs get completed because they arrive at the receiver much faster...He extends plays with his feet and his "feel for the pocket" that enables our offense to move the ball without haveing to rely on perfect execution.

Clemens may not have won the game versus Pittsburgh but he played to win...and didn't lose the game along the way. With Penny, we played not to lose, took no chances and in too many cases lost because when we had to abandon our conservative approach Penny couldn't improvise and make plays.

The QB has to be a weapon...with time we can have one.

Let's focus on improvement in the QB position and root for Clemens to continue to play to win, use his dynamic attributes (arm, running ability) and make football plays. Clemens, D'Brick, Mangold, Leon, Cotch, Harris, Revis, Rhodes is a good start and if they continue to develop, we add more peices, we can have something here.

Those are my three cents for today.

First, I don't miss Vilma at all. Move him and get the best deal for him. In my mind he's mediocre and nothing more.

Second, we need more talented receivers. We're not deep enough here and if we're trying to build for long term success we need to score. Our WR corp needs to improve.

Third, watching Cutler and Young play last night and seeing how much more polished they are 15 games into their careers gets me even more excited about Kellen's growth potential. Why?

-Mangold and D'Brick are doing very well for 2nd yr players and continue to improve

-even DRob continues to improve - he sucked w/ Herm and he's no good now...but he's playing better...

My point is that I believe Mangini is a good teacher and gives us a good chance to get Clemens to his potential. 12 more games from now he'll be much more polished, confident, explosive, etc.

Clemens already makes plays Penny could never make. His 5-6 yd outs get completed because they arrive at the receiver much faster...He extends plays with his feet and his "feel for the pocket" that enables our offense to move the ball without haveing to rely on perfect execution.

Clemens may not have won the game versus Pittsburgh but he played to win...and didn't lose the game along the way. With Penny, we played not to lose, took no chances and in too many cases lost because when we had to abandon our conservative approach Penny couldn't improvise and make plays.

Let's focus on improvement in the QB position and root for Clemens to continue to play to win, use his dynamic attributes (arm, running ability) and make football plays. Clemens, D'Brick, Mangold, Leon, Cotch, Harris, Revis, Rhodes is a good start and if they continue to develop, we add more peices, we can have something here.

Come-on now dude...your Mangini right?

that's a good post. I agree with most of your points, not sure that i agree with mangini being a great teacher. If that were really the case Smith, cotch, and J-mac wouldnt be dropping the ball in such cridical spots (not that we are the only team suffering from this...i.e. lions game).

Our foundation is much better than most might think, the guys you mentioned, and adding a couple more draft picks for Penny, and Vilma will only add to our corps group. Judging by the previous two drafts, we should be able to pull one or more studs from the 08 class.

Maybe in this system, but he is far better then mediocre. So you don't have to great a mind.

Maybe in this system, but he is far better then mediocre. So you don't have to great a mind.

since when is accumulating tackles on bad defenses and getting run over for 3 extra yards on every tackle, a 'great linebacker'? Great linebackers put fear in the ball carrier. Find me a scouting report that says "WR's will not cross the middle of the field in fear of Jon Vilma'.

Give me a break, he's good, he's not great.

that's a good post. I agree with most of your points, not sure that i agree with mangini being a great teacher. If that were really the case Smith, cotch, and J-mac wouldnt be dropping the ball in such cridical spots (not that we are the only team suffering from this...i.e. lions game).

Our foundation is much better than most might think, the guys you mentioned, and adding a couple more draft picks for Penny, and Vilma will only add to our corps group. Judging by the previous two drafts, we should be able to pull one or more studs from the 08 class.

maybe you should donate some of that armpit sticky that you excrete for the cause

Archived