It Doesn't Always Pay to be Cute and Pretty...I NEED A F'ING DRINK!!

MrsTaborJet

So... I take the day off of work to relax and do whatever my little heart desires. I spend a few hours at the theater alone, enjoying a movie I know nobody would even want to see with me.

Later, I'm speeding along minding my own business enjoying the beautiful fall day ... I fly past a cop and figure...hahahaha... he didn't see me. My ****ing mistake. I get pulled over... not for speeding... but for expired Registration. WTF.

So I pull out my Reg and Insurance and low and ****ing behold, yeah... OLD EXPIRED CARDS. Now I'm ****ting a brick because I never get pulled over! Glorious.

The cop, who was pretty cute and really nice about this, says "look, if the Insurance is good then I'll let you off with a ticket for the expired Reg..." He then says, "The Insurance is good right?" And I'm like "ABSOLUTELY!!!!"

WELL, he comes back and says, Insurance is NOT good, he called and the car is NOT insured. Now, the car has got to be towed. WTF.

So now I have TWO tickets, the insurance is a mandatory court appearance where I gotta tell the judge that I'm a friggin' idiot and can't get my act together.

Tabor handles the insurance and I have friggin' EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS OF PAYMENTS MADE FROM ALL OF 2007 and the current cards sitting here in the house! It is insured after all, so what friggin' number did this cop call and who told him it wasn't insured?!!! I've called my agent and the insurance company and of course everything is closed for the holiday weekend.

So, Monday morning I'm gonna be down at the agency and someone will need to explain this. I could still have my car if it wasn't for this insurance issue. Tomorrow I'll be at the DMV straightening out the registration and then need to go to the police station and show the proof to get a release form to bring to the tow company to release the car.

What a fiasco. I'm going to drink tonight. And drink heavily. But not too much since I need to get to DMV first thing tomorrow.

BITE ME WORLD!!!!](*,)'

Question... am I wrong to assume the judge will go easy on me for this insurance issue since I will be able to prove coverage never lapsed?

It pays to be pretty because he was going to hit me with a speeding ticket too (driving 15+ over in a 35 oops!) But I smiled through the whole ordeal and I think his heart got the better of him. Ha Ha Ha. He was a nice guy and really felt bad for me.

BUT, could have been worse if I was in an accident I would have been really in deep ****.

Thanks for reading this B.S. I shall commence drinking immediately while fixin' up turkey leftovers.

:dohslap:

You should be okay with the insurance ticket. As long as the car was covered, usually you just show the card and they used to dismiss it. That's the big one. If the regi already expired you'll probably have to bite the bullet on that one. As long as the car was actually insured there is not much bigger deal than normal being in an accident.

pics or it didn't happen!

A few more drinks and it will seem like it didn't happen. ;)

That sucks, but you sould et both dismissed if you get the reg. fixed up.

Getting' the registration fixed tomorrow morn!

OY! sorry mrs.T :( i hope it goes well.

OY is right GG! I felt like a total ass, but I'm really laughing about it now and have come to peace with my idiocy in letting the reg lapse. I won't be happy when I have to pay the tow company to get my car. :cool0043:

That sucks, but it could have been worse.

I hope everything works out for you Mrs. TJ! :(

I know, I know! It could have really been worse. If I had been in an accident, the slightest fender bender, I would have been screwed.

I saw this on the news this week, that dude got tazered! And the police lawyer was saying, "there was a log of ego on both their parts..." WTF, of course a cop has a huge ego... he clearly didn't need to do what he did. Hope the guy sues.

:Nuts:

I have to admit, getting all this **** resolved today was MUCH easier then I expected.

The insurance agency provide duplicate cards immediately and wrote me a letter stating there was no lapse in coverage. Yeah.

I was in and out of the motor vehicle agency in 5 minutes, no joke, so the registration is all squared away.

Then to the police station to show proof of all this; then on to the tow company where my car was. That cost me $240!!!! WTF.

So, I just called the court to plead Not Guilty and changed the appearance date to January.

I can't be too mad because if I had simply been responsible and handled my registration months ago like a good citizen... then none of this would ever have occurred.

Life goes on... this is nothing in the scheme of things.

Ugh!!!!

:baby:

I have to admit, getting all this **** resolved today was MUCH easier then I expected.

The insurance agency provide duplicate cards immediately and wrote me a letter stating there was no lapse in coverage. Yeah.

I was in and out of the motor vehicle agency in 5 minutes, no joke, so the registration is all squared away.

Then to the police station to show proof of all this; then on to the tow company where my car was. That cost me $240!!!! WTF.

So, I just called the court to plead Not Guilty and changed the appearance date to January.

I can't be too mad because if I had simply been responsible and handled my registration months ago like a good citizen... then none of this would ever have occurred.

Life goes on... this is nothing in the scheme of things.

Ugh!!!!

:baby:

Things always work out easier after you have already worked yourself up into a tizzy or had your day ruined...:baby:...Glad things worked out for you lady. The tow companies suck...they do that cause they can..give the bill to the cops. they made the mistake of saying you had no insurance. Make them reimburse you...just a thought...:). Other then that...2 years for registration..mark the date..lol and insurance every year, and lighten up the foot on the pedal..although thats a problem I have never been able to solve. Guess women drive fast..lol and most of all life does go on...Enjoy it!!...:Nuts:

I'm no lawyer, but...wouldn't the insurance company be liable for the towing of your car? If they gave the cop false information about your not being insured, and you end up paying the debt to the tow company...sounds like you should give your insurance company a call, tell them you're calling the papers next on how they treat their clients.

IDK, that's just what i would do.

• 1 month later...

So, today is the day. I have court at 1PM for this bull**** uninsured vehicle ticket.

I've since learned that the DMV runs what they call an "abstract" on each driver (which this cop had access to). Obviously they can confirm registration of vehicle or not since they manage that. But, apparently they also receive information from insurance companies about insured/uninsured vehicle.

So, this "abstract" they pulled on me indicated I had a lapse of insurance. That is TOTAL crap. I have a letter from my agent stating never any lapses in coverage. I've called the DMV as well to correct this information with zero luck. I've also contacted my ins. company with zero luck. I don't know what is true or not, but no one is helping me. I could have pursued it further, but I've been so busy and let it slide.

Wish me luck!

So, today is the day. I have court at 1PM for this bull**** uninsured vehicle ticket.

I've since learned that the DMV runs what they call an "abstract" on each driver (which this cop had access to). Obviously they can confirm registration of vehicle or not since they manage that. But, apparently they also receive information from insurance companies about insured/uninsured vehicle.

So, this "abstract" they pulled on me indicated I had a lapse of insurance. That is TOTAL crap. I have a letter from my agent stating never any lapses in coverage. I've called the DMV as well to correct this information with zero luck. I've also contacted my ins. company with zero luck. I don't know what is true or not, but no one is helping me. I could have pursued it further, but I've been so busy and let it slide.

Wish me luck!

i would threaten to change insurance companies

i would threaten to change insurance companies

That is my next step. I'll press the agent to get the answer form the ins. company because they have been unresponsive. And if the agent can't help, I'll leave them too. ****ers!!! ha ha

I need the cop/court to confirm where they get this information from. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Wish me luck!

I'm not sure about New Jersey, but in NY insurance companies are not allowed to cancel your insurance until 30 days after the premium is due, regardless of the "notice of cancellation" notices that they send you. This is the law and I can't imagine it is much different in NJ.

I'm not sure about New Jersey, but in NY insurance companies are not allowed to cancel your insurance until 30 days after the premium is due, regardless of the "notice of cancellation" notices that they send you. This is the law and I can't imagine it is much different in NJ.

I think that is true here too.

Granted, I ****ed up with not renewing the registration.... I'm guilty. But this insurance thing is PISSING ME OFF!

I'm getting nervous now. Hope I don't go ape **** and flip out on the court. I might be in cuffs by 1:15PM. :rl:

If someone could change the thread title to "It doesn't always work to be cute and pretty"... I NEED A F'ING DRINK!!

I walked away with no points, kept my license and paid $240. Met with the prosecutor and provided the necessary proof of insurance. He said I'd walk away paying $33 for the unregistered vehicle and 'hopefully' the judge would let the other go. He didn't. Even though I provided proof of insurance, I still did not have the damn card in the car and they amended the ticket and I paid around $100 for it. WTF. Add in court costs, misc. fees, etc.

I waited 1-1/2 hours until I was called up, they rattled off a bunch of stuff and before I knew it they push me out. I waited over a month for this crap, so I said 'Judge can I ask a question'... he's like 'Yup' ... I told him my driver's abstract was not accurate and insurance never lapsed at any point. His response was it's not the courts issue and to take it up with the ins. company and DMV.

Well, it's done and over and although I still need to figure our where this went all wrong, I figure it's over, I learned a lesson and it honestly could have been worse.

:confused0058:

If someone could change the thread title to "It doesn't always work to be cute and pretty"... I NEED A F'ING DRINK!!

I walked away with no points, kept my license and paid $240. Met with the prosecutor and provided the necessary proof of insurance. He said I'd walk away paying $33 for the unregistered vehicle and 'hopefully' the judge would let the other go. He didn't. Even though I provided proof of insurance, I still did not have the damn card in the car and they amended the ticket and I paid around $100 for it. WTF. Add in court costs, misc. fees, etc.

I waited 1-1/2 hours until I was called up, they rattled off a bunch of stuff and before I knew it they push me out. I waited over a month for this crap, so I said 'Judge can I ask a question'... he's like 'Yup' ... I told him my driver's abstract was not accurate and insurance never lapsed at any point. His response was it's not the courts issue and to take it up with the ins. company and DMV.

Well, it's done and over and although I still need to figure our where this went all wrong, I figure it's over, I learned a lesson and it honestly could have been worse.

:confused0058:

let this be a lesson for you. if you had hired a lawyer for $1000 (s)he probably could've reduced your fine to $100 tops. :)

Archived