Sorry...but I've got to say it

K2C

This season was not a wash because of Chad Pennington.

This is eveident because we now supposedly have a QB in there with a "cannon", yet he is being handcuffed by someone to throw the ball deep (As was Chad).

Sorry...this season was not lost bc of Chad or Kellen. This one is all on Schott.

Bare in mind, he is calling plays with a putrid O-line protecting his QB. But this guy lost his pair of balls this off-season.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THE 3, 4, 5 YARD OUTS TO THE FLAT. THROW THE ****ING BALL DOWNFIELD.

This is eveident because we now supposedly have a QB in there with a "cannon", yet he is being handcuffed by someone to throw the ball deep (As was Chad).

Sorry...this season was not lost bc of Chad or Kellen. This one is all on Schott.

Bare in mind, he is calling plays with a putrid O-line protecting his QB. But this guy lost his pair of balls this off-season.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THE 3, 4, 5 YARD OUTS TO THE FLAT. THROW THE ****ING BALL DOWNFIELD.

The coaching staff and team have all contributed. I said all along Penny was not the problem or even one of the main reasons. Schotty is killing this offence IMO, there is no creativity at all.

there's two reasons we lost Thursday

1:gangreenman started the game thread-messing with the karma and

2: I should have made pork fried rice since we won last time I made it-maybe even turkey FR

the football Gods were not fooled by our trying to make it LOOK like you had started the thread K2C

Whenever we tried to throw the ball downfield vs the cowboys, nobody got open and Clemens got wallopped. The Jets were protecting Clemens vs the cowboys because the Oline was a complete liability in pass protection. It was amazing how just plain awful they were on thursday.

Where the hell is Bender, btw.

Whenever we tried to throw the ball downfield vs the cowboys, nobody got open and Clemens got wallopped. The Jets were protecting Clemens vs the cowboys because the Oline was a complete liability in pass protection. It was amazing how just plain awful they were on thursday.

Barton, you are aware Chad had the same line.That is K2C's point.

The coaching staff and team have all contributed. I said all along Penny was not the problem or even one of the main reasons. Schotty is killing this offence IMO, there is no creativity at all.

i have to agree with you. On the Newman TD, it really pissed me off because everyone on this board knew what play was coming. On nearly every 3rd down, they run an out, or a stop route for just enough to get the first. Why not do a hitch and go? it's third down, we haven't done **** all day, take a shot deep when you only need 4 yards. Hell, even if we miss on that play, we can come back the next series and do the damn out pattern.

We only seem to take our shots on 2nd and long. What about 3rd and short? I've seen Tressel call that plenty of times, and it usually ends in a big play.

TAKE YOUR SHOTS!

there's two reasons we lost Thursday

1:gangreenman started the game thread-messing with the karma and

2: I should have made pork fried rice since we won last time I made it-maybe even turkey FR

the football Gods were not fooled by our trying to make it LOOK like you had started the thread K2C

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying to myself on Thursday night.

Barton, you are aware Chad had the same line.That is K2C's point.

Yes, but Chad never looked to go downfield as often as Kellen does. So he didnt stay in the pocket and take as many shots because all he did was throw the 2 yard pass. Not to mention, the Oline was performing better when Chad was back there because the defenses they were facing when he was still QB were in the bottom tier in the league:

Chad this season was playing against garbage defenses like the bengals, eagles, dolphins, bills 2x. Kellen has had to go up against the skins blitz attack, the steelers #1 defense, and the cowboys good defense at home. Chad didnt face any great defenses this season outside of week 1.

The Oline had a rough game in pass pro thursday. They should be able to bounce back and be solid like they were for most of this season and last.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying to myself on Thursday night.

good thing Max has the wisdom to NOT make me a mod-I would have banned him for that...oh yea you also had a few choice thoughts for PJam BP that I'll bet you had to delete after writing them and just before posting them...

[quote=Barton;704896

Excellent question

I've asked myself that many times this season.

Can he possibly be worst then Clement? At least in pre season he showed that he can run block.

Another question that is driving me crazy. Why is Leon Washington not getting more touches?

I'm not talking about 20, but maybe 8 or 9 a game.

Don't get it.

good thing Max has the wisdom to NOT make me a mod-I would have banned him for that...oh yea you also had a few choice thoughts for PJam BP that I'll bet you had to delete after writing them and just before posting them...

That was a bad night, I had a little buzz cooking. I gave myself infractions for that, and my assmop and JonE comments.

I am who I am, I can't help it. but we don't ban people here for stating their opinions.

That was a bad night, I had a little buzz cooking. I gave myself infractions for that, and my assmop and JonE comments.

I am who I am, I can't help it. but we don't ban people here for stating their opinions.

Brooks Bollinger is better than Joe Namath.

kinda like firing oneself BP-which I would definitely have to do if Max was ever crazy enough to make ME a moderator

Excellent question

Can he possibly be worst then Clement? At least in pre season he showed that he can run block.

Another question that is driving me crazy. Why is Leon Washington not getting more touches?

Don't get it.

OF course Bender can be worse than Clement. He's worse than Clarke for the love of God. He's a sixth round pick. It would be a shock if he is EVER a starting caliber player in the NFL, let alone in his rookie year when he has never had to pass protect in his life. There is a reason he is considered a project.

I'm going to do something very rare and unique on the JN MB- admit I was wrong.

I was wrong about Pete Kendall and how that situation got handled back in TC. 4H had it right and we all disagreed because we were riding Mangini's jock.

But Mangini handled that situation horribly. In hindsight, I think Kendall was worth another million bucks, which is chump change to a guy like Woody Johnson who hides all his money in offshore accounts (maybe Jeter should hire the same accountants).

i have to agree with you. On the Newman TD, it really pissed me off because everyone on this board knew what play was coming. On nearly every 3rd down, they run an out, or a stop route for just enough to get the first. Why not do a hitch and go? it's third down, we haven't done **** all day, take a shot deep when you only need 4 yards. Hell, even if we miss on that play, we can come back the next series and do the damn out pattern.

We only seem to take our shots on 2nd and long. What about 3rd and short? I've seen Tressel call that plenty of times, and it usually ends in a big play.

TAKE YOUR SHOTS!

There was a heavy blitz on that play, I'm sure that was the hot route.

What's a hot route?

I was wrong about Pete Kendall and how that situation got handled back in TC. 4H had it right and we all disagreed because we were riding Mangini's jock.

But Mangini handled that situation horribly. In hindsight, I think Kendall was worth another million bucks, which is chump change to a guy like Woody Johnson who hides all his money in offshore accounts (maybe Jeter should hire the same accountants).

I was saying this back in camp-the Jets should have found a way to compromise and keep kendall. With no reliable replacement the offensive line was headed for disaster.

nothin wrong with admitting you were wrong JM-I actually had to say I was sorry to Barton for always busting HIS balls about Clemens-I was saying after seeing him close up and in person at last year's Miami game that I didn't think he was big enough to be an NFL QB and that Chad was going to have a great year-how wrong was I? A man's a man who can admit when he's wrong and JetMoses has again proven he is man's man-don't misconstrue those last words you fruity focks

Hry Barton, i notice in a bunch of threads you are putting the jets passing game woes on the oline, yet when it was CP back there it was his fault because he didn't have the arm to stretch the field. I believe you also came up with the idea that a qb with a strong arm makes the Oline better, guess that the problem really was the oline after all right?

Not saying which qb is better, who should be starting and who shouldn't, just saying that by now it should be pretty evident that our oline is a sham all around and no QB change will fix that. I think we can all agree on that.

Yes, but Chad never looked to go downfield as often as Kellen does. So he didnt stay in the pocket and take as many shots because all he did was throw the 2 yard pass. Not to mention, the Oline was performing better when Chad was back there because the defenses they were facing when he was still QB were in the bottom tier in the league:

Chad this season was playing against garbage defenses like the bengals, eagles, dolphins, bills 2x. Kellen has had to go up against the skins blitz attack, the steelers #1 defense, and the cowboys good defense at home. Chad didnt face any great defenses this season outside of week 1.

The Oline had a rough game in pass pro thursday. They should be able to bounce back and be solid like they were for most of this season and last.

this post is the height in hypocrisy.

C'mon dude, the oline has been garbage all year. There is no way they are getting worse then they were earlier in the season, and this jets team always plays down to the worse teams, everone who owns a jets jersey knows that.

Excellent question

Don't get it.

Yes bender CAN be worse than Clement. He was the starter one day then made inactive the next. Maybe he stunk the joint up so bad in practice that it is plainly obvious he is not a solution.

Let's think about it logically for a second, on a team starting a bunch of second rate linemen on both sides of the ball, how bad does this guy have to be looking in practice that he doesn't even get consideration?? It isn't like anyone else is doing anything to keep their job, so that is how bad an option bender must be. Do you really want to see him in there as an experiment, because I bet Kellen Clemens' shoulder doesn't want to see it, lol

ahem ahem ahem, [dislocating shoulder patting myself on the back].

Hey dude, that is big of you, kudos.

And yeah, man that million bucks has cost every one of us on this board a lot of grief and misery, and maybe caused a few guys on the team their job going forward, stupid move at the time, really really really effing dumb move in hindsight.

You know, I really wonder if Woody was too cheap to pay Kendall that extra mill and had Tannenbaum and Mangini get rid of him. It would not surpise me one bit, in fact didnt andrew gross elude to that a few times in his articles? I think he did.

I would HIGHLY doubt he would micromanage to that degree, no way he would make that call from up in the owners box.

ahem ahem ahem, [dislocating shoulder patting myself on the back].

Hey dude, that is big of you, kudos.

And yeah, man that million bucks has cost every one of us on this board a lot of grief and misery, and maybe caused a few guys on the team their job going forward, stupid move at the time, really really really effing dumb move in hindsight.

It's not really about Kendall. It's more about this regime was so arrogant to think they could treat Kendall like crap, laugh about it, then go into the season with no real replacement.

All I know is the Colts found a way to replace an All Pro OL, maybe HOF who knows, with a Rookie starter and a second year player. While the Jets can't even replace an avg Kendall and they don't even have a legit backup for the guy.

If they replaced Kendall with a 2nd round pick or traded for an OL and the guy just was a bust or didn't work out, I'd say, it just didn't work out. They did absolutely nothing when they knew back in April that Kendall wasn' t part of the teams future.

That speaks either of arrogance or stupidity, neither of which is a good thing at this point.

It's not really about Kendall. It's more about this regime was so arrogant to think they could treat Kendall like crap, laugh about it, then go into the season with no real replacement.

All I know is the Colts found a way to replace an All Pro OL, maybe HOF who knows, with a Rookie starter and a second year player. While the Jets can't even replace an avg Kendall and they don't even have a legit backup for the guy.

If they replaced Kendall with a 2nd round pick or traded for an OL and the guy just was a bust or didn't work out, I'd say, it just didn't work out. They did absolutely nothing when they knew back in April that Kendall wasn' t part of the teams future.

That speaks either of arrogance or stupidity

Probably both.

That speaks either of arrogance or stupidity, neither of which is a good thing at this point.

yeah, that is what i was saying from the beginning, and that is what JMos was admitting in his post here

Hry Barton, i notice in a bunch of threads you are putting the jets passing game woes on the oline, yet when it was CP back there it was his fault because he didn't have the arm to stretch the field. I believe you also came up with the idea that a qb with a strong arm makes the Oline better, guess that the problem really was the oline after all right?

Not saying which qb is better, who should be starting and who shouldn't, just saying that by now it should be pretty evident that our oline is a sham all around and no QB change will fix that. I think we can all agree on that.

I never said that a QB with a strong arm would soley make the Oline perform better. What I said was a great QB would make the Oline look better, and that is true. The colts and pats oline are nothing special w/o Manning and Brady back there.

Its actually five people, and they all line up right in front of the QB every friggin play.

Its hard to throw deep when the pocket collapses after 2 seconds on every play.

I never said that a QB with a strong arm would soley make the Oline perform better. What I said was a great QB would make the Oline look better, and that is true. The colts and pats oline are nothing special w/o Manning and Brady back there.

I just hope KC becomes that great QB... But I don't know.... I would rather see 4 interception games than dink and dunk to no points all the time. I hope Schotty becomes like a Norv Tuner OC, and not the new OC in SF... Smith looked good last year with Turner as OC.. This season he looks awful.

And the worry is, even if KC has the talent, can Schotty Jr actually develop and build upon that talent. So far all I see is playcalling build for Chad.

Archived