Jetnation's official cigar smoker's thread

TaborJet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Cuban cigars are hard to come by, my friends. I had a nice Cuban Partagas at the stadium today before the game.

I should have waited until after the game to smoke it. It seems like a waste since the Jets lost.

It was a great smoke though!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Time to dust off this thread for 2006.

The weather has finally come around. Just finished a Cohiba(Dominican made) with a Corona.

With the smoking ban now in effect for NJ, look for cigarette smokers to frequent cigar establishments. J&R Cigars in Whippany will be packing them in.

:pimp:

I smoke cigars when I fish(when I know I won't be touching any bait for at least 30 min.), and when I tailgate.

ACID is the brand.... 'Earthiness' is the cigar.

I like a milder, sweet tasting cigar.

IMO, smoking Cubans is like licking an ashtray.

• 1 year later...

Bump for 2007!

The weather is finally here in the northeast! No longer do we need to freeze our butts off to enjoy a smoke.

I enjoyed a Partagas last night, and I think I'll have another today and tomorrow. Picture-perfect weather.

:cool0044:

There is a Dominican Cigar shop about 15 minutes from me..the fricking guy rolls them right there (and I love fresh Cigars)..anyway..I usually get a bag of 10 with Connecticut wrapper for $26..you can not beat that.

link to the rolling place

The only Cubans I like are the Monte Cristo #2 Torpedo and the Cohiba Esplendido.

The new smoking law is great. Wish I could still light my stogies in the bar, but thrilled there's no cigs around. Just fired a sweet Ashton walking from 'Boken to JC on the way back from NYC.

I have to agree with that about the smoking law and the cigs..but I do miss sparking up a stogie in there also.

Bump for 2007!

The weather is finally here in the northeast! No longer do we need to freeze our butts off to enjoy a smoke.

I enjoyed a Partagas last night, and I think I'll have another today and tomorrow. Picture-perfect weather.

Oh come on, like we don't get the code speak from you mods. We know what "cigars" are and we all know that Partagas is spanish for Max. God you guys make it so obvious. :Nuts:

Oh come on, like we don't get the code speak from you mods. We know what "cigars" are and we all know that Partagas is spanish for Max. God you guys make it so obvious. :Nuts:

Actually, the code for Max in cigarspeak is "petite corona"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Non-Cuban: Partagas. Nice creamy flavor throughout, until you get to the end where it gets real peppery.

Cuban: Punch. Haven't had a whole lot of real Cubans, but of the ones I have had, you can't go wrong with a Punch.

I enjoy 'em when I'm hanging at a party with my other cigar-smoking friends. Only smoke outside though. I hate the smell of stale smoke.

I love a nice B&B with my cigars. B&B's sweet taste is the perfect complement to a good ceegar.

i agree on partagas and punch. also, don't discount seconds-- often a good cigar with minor imperfections in the outer leaves or the rolling. usually good for everyday smokes when you don't feel like burning $8.

i agree on partagas and punch. also, don't discount seconds-- often a good cigar with minor imperfections in the outer leaves or the rolling. usually good for everyday smokes when you don't feel like burning $8.

I always keep a package of rejects in my humidor. I get 20 cigars for $25, and they're a very good smoke. Perfect for just sitting out in the backyard with a beer, unwinding after a long day.

Cigars are no less of a disgusting habit than chewing and cigarettes. It cracks me up, the only person that thinks a cigar smells good is the one smoking it.

i enjoy a smoke now and again but i would never subject anyone else to it. besides, you're not allowed to smoke inside any resturant or bar in philly (city ordinance) or inside my house (mrs. jgb ordinance :Nuts:). i agree, nothing ruder than someone who smokes a cigar and subjects others to it. if you want to smoke one outside, that's fine.

Bump for 2007!

You were a day late on this bump, TJ...

I just tried a limited edition Romeo y Julieta Prominente last night at the J&R Cigar car show in Whippany last night...on the pricey side, but what a powerful cigar. It would definately turn the casual smoker green!

• 1 year later...

Archived