Long Island Football Leagues

serphnx

Is anybody doing this?

http://www.liffl.com/index.cfm

Maybe we can get a JN team? I'm trying to get back to NY for next year, and I plan on entering this thing for Spring.

I played in that league years ago. I was a ringer on a cousin's team for a few weeks. Kind of cool. Personally, I prefer rough touch to flag. There's too much of a skill to pulling the flag as opposed to getting there quick and bringind heat. Just doesn't seem natural to me. The league was good, well run IIRC, but beware there are quite a few crappy teams that take themselves extremely seriously.

I played in that league years ago. I was a ringer on a cousin's team for a few weeks. Kind of cool. Personally, I prefer rough touch to flag. There's too much of a skill to pulling the flag as opposed to getting there quick and bringind heat. Just doesn't seem natural to me. The league was good, well run IIRC, but beware there are quite a few crappy teams that take themselves extremely seriously.

Did you just call yourself a ringer?

Actually I did. That is kind of a dick move, but I only said it because that's what the rest of the family was calling me. Maybe they were in the D division or something. If you didn't quote it I'd go back and edit it out. Oh well, too late now.

PS: That actually is for VD.

hahaha -- I saw that and was like I have to quote it. Hey, I am not saying you were not a ringer. I just chuckled at the way your phrased it.

:P

Archived