Offense Too Predictable?

bobbyjet69

I thought it was just with Chad in there, but after watching Clemens a few times it's the same with him.

1)When Jones is 5-7 yds deep its a run

2)The ball is snapped everytime the clock just clicks 0 (play clock)

I've heard anouncers say the first one over and over and if you watch, its true. The second one I've been watching, both Chad and Clemens do it. so it's gotto be Schotty. All the defenders know when to time the blitzes.

Take a look at the next game, you'll see it!

I thought it was just with Chad in there, but after watching Clemens a few times it's the same with him.

I've heard anouncers say the first one over and over and if you watch, its true. The second one I've been watching, both Chad and Clemens do it. so it's gotto be Schotty. All the defenders know when to time the blitzes.

Somehow this is to blame on our OL, WRs and newbie QB. I personally just can't fathom how anyone can make excuses for this. It's always a first down run up the gut too. I can't stand the playclock to zero thing, we always play like we are up by 4 TDs for some reason. I think it's dumb even when you're up that much because you're just asking to get your runs stuffed and a 3 and out, for what, a few seconds on that series? A first down gives you much more than that. In KCs defense, he did get it off someone a bit quicker but still this is very troubling that it's usually like that.

This is what I mean when I say Schott and Mangini are doing a terrible job. I mean there is failure to be creative because you lack personnel and then there is a basic absolute failure on things that should not even be a question. It's like the center-QB change, Chad would bungle that up and people on here would have the nerve to claim it's acceptable. I can't understand that, I can teach someone, anyone off the street to snap the way I like it within 5 minutes. Probably 5 seconds if I ask Smizzy or Max.

I noticed several plays during the Steelers game where the ball was snapped with under 5 seconds on the play clock and not at "0" because it seemed it was happening a lot earlier in the season.

Somehow this is to blame on our OL, WRs and newbie QB. I personally just can't fathom how anyone can make excuses for this. It's always a first down run up the gut too. I can't stand the playclock to zero thing, we always play like we are up by 4 TDs for some reason. I think it's dumb even when you're up that much because you're just asking to get your runs stuffed and a 3 and out, for what, a few seconds on that series? A first down gives you much more than that. In KCs defense, he did get it off someone a bit quicker but still this is very troubling that it's usually like that.

This is what I mean when I say Schott and Mangini are doing a terrible job. I mean there is failure to be creative because you lack personnel and then there is a basic absolute failure on things that should not even be a question. It's like the center-QB change, Chad would bungle that up and people on here would have the nerve to claim it's acceptable. I can't understand that, I can teach someone, anyone off the street to snap the way I like it within 5 minutes. Probably 5 seconds if I ask Smizzy or Max.

Some tempo would improve things. Enough gimmicks. Good offenses usually have real good talent. You know the things they do but you cannot match the talent. This offense does not have talent. Getting someone as talented as McFadden would be nice, but....there would still be 8 in the box because our receiving corps is mediocre. A top wideout would be a far wiser acquisition. They are not as dependent on the OL as a RB is. You don't have to open holes for one. This offense can improve its O line in the middle of the draft. Sign a RT or look at Bender. Get a guard or two via draft or FA. Improve protection but you are still not opening holes with 8 in the box. Protect the passer, get a stud wideout, and things change. I am a firm believer in a strong running game. But you cannot have a running attack without the outside threat. Teams like the Pats prove you can throw without a big running attack. And they are not the only ones.

What i dont get is that we use Brad Smith in the beginning of the game, we use more trick plays or creative plays. What the hell do they do with that playbook in the second half. Its like they throw it out. The Redskins do this a lot, Randel El was a qb in college and they do the reverse bomb. Can Brad Smith throw a bomb? If he could why dont we use that play once a game.

more and more fans will come to see that it's just not the QB or O line or anyone one position that's at fault. Most of the blame from my prospective is on the coaches. But that doesn't mean Penny should be back under center. I've always said Chad can't win a superbowl with out a dominate d, great running back, an o line that is inpenitrable, and w.r. that can get plenty of yards after the catch.

Until they fix the offensive line, it will remain predictable for the most part. Agreed though they did a better job of covering things up last year. I think they are trying to make the games go as quickly as possible to get to the offseason quicker.

:)

Until they fix the offensive line, it will remain predictable for the most part. Agreed though they did a better job of covering things up last year. I think they are trying to make the games go as quickly as possible to get to the offseason quicker.

:)

Just

End

The

Season

Archived