Before Thanksgiving D'Brick was on his way to the pro bowl and Clemens was our future

nico002

One bad game, and "D'brick is the biggest bust since kyle brady" and "Clemens is a bust and we should draft Matt Ryan"

Give. me. a. ****ing. break.

Both these players are VERY young.

Both these players have shown that they have what it takes to be successful. D'brick shut down some of the best pass rushers in a row from week 2 until the Dallas game. Schoebel, the giants, taylor, suggs, etc etc. Clemens has shown presence in the pocket, and the ability to drive us down the field in the fourth quarter to win or tie a game against the ravens, redskins, and steelers (These things are what is hardest to develop and find in a QB). By the way, Clemens has faced four top 10 defenses. In his first ever four starts!

One awful game by the offense as a whole, on two days rest, without our biggest offensive weapon, on the road, against the second best team in the league, and we need to fire the entire coaching staff.

Yes, I am disappointed this year as well, but I can see that we have several young players set up to be the cornerstones of this franchise for years to come. The wins may not be there right now, but this team still plays hard every week, is VERY young, and is obviously moving in the right direction. Clemens, Mangold, Dbrick, Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Cotchery, Leon, all extremely talented and very young, all brought in or developed by our current staff. This staff is able to bring in and develop young talent that can make an instant impact, its hard to explain just how awesome and important that is for a rebuilding franchise.

Finally, to those saying the team has lost faith in Mangini? Are you kidding me? There has been absolutely no evidence of that what-so-ever. The entire defensive unit played hard all game against the cowboys even though the game was "over". The offense simply got dominated at the trenches, not because they "gave up" but because the cowboys played and simple are better. Bottom line is if you don't play hard, you won't be a Jet next year, and that is the way it should be.

Please shove the knee jerk doomsday reactions up your ***

I know this has been said before, but it needs to be said again. This, and all Jets forums around the internetz are getting ridiculous.

I was just about to post on this very topic. I was reading an article about whether or not the Jets love or like Clemens. I wish I could remember the site. Anyways, to be honest it's real hard to know whether or not we like or love him. The play calling has been so suspect. Especially after reading the break down of Schottys calls of the dallas game. When a team as a whole is as bad as ours is it would be a shame to waste such a high draft pick if we do have a good QB. I guess you really have to try and evaluate whether or not you feel Ryan would be as good as Clemens is doing right now. To be honest, I don't. I think we need to either take Mcfadden and trade T. Jones. Or trade down. We need a lot of help and anyone player won't make that much of a difference. Unless all the hype is true about Mcfadden being as good as Peterson. But you have to remember, Minny did a great job of building that line up with Hutch. Mcfadden has played one really good defensive team this year, lsu, and he ran all over them.

It boggles my mind that drafting a QB is even an option for some fans.

Again, Clemens has shown presence in the pocket, the ability to scramble while looking to pass down field. The ability to get it done on third down, the ability to get it done late in the game, the ability to beat a top 5 defense.

Not to mention the dropped passes. Yes, he has had some inaccurate throws, but our WR haven't exactly been doing him favors. Oh yea, Coles has been injured his last two games.

All this with an offensive line made out of two second year players. Think about it. The only good players on our offensive line were rookies last year.

Its ridiculous.

One awful game by the offense as a whole, on two days rest, without our biggest offensive weapon, on the road, against the second best team in the league, and we need to fire the entire coaching staff.

One bad game?

The Jets are ranked 30th in total offense in the league. That's 30th out of 32.

You have been wearing your green goggles in every post since you got here, and i dont care if you do, but the fact that you don't seem to understand why other posters are critical of certain aspects of the team just shows your blind homerism.

It boggles my mind that drafting a QB is even an option for some fans.

Again, Clemens has shown presence in the pocket, the ability to scramble while looking to pass down field. The ability to get it done on third down, the ability to get it done late in the game, the ability to beat a top 5 defense.

Not to mention the dropped passes. Yes, he has had some inaccurate throws, but our WR haven't exactly been doing him favors. Oh yea, Coles has been injured his last two games.

All this with an offensive line made out of two second year players. Think about it. The only good players on our offensive line were rookies last year.

Its ridiculous.

The Jets are going to need QBs from somewhere to fill their roster. Pennington is good as gone, and Tuiasosopo is nothing more than roster fodder.

Jets will look at QB s in both Free agency and the draft. That does not mean they are unhappy with Clemens, per se, just wanting to create competition and depth.

That will be good for Clemens and teh team, regardless what direction they go.

Did you seriously expect Clemens to come in and turn the Jets into a top 10 offense in four games? Against the top ranked defenses in the NFL?

Are you crazy?

I am not wearing green glasses.

As a whole, we aren't very talented. We have HUGE holes on the O and D lines. Aside from Harris is LB core is rather weak, we need depth at WR and CB. I know this, I realize this.

However, denying that we have a talented, exciting core of players is asinine. Denying that Clemens has shown the ability to be a starting NFL QB, denying that D'brick hasnt improved his play significantly this year, is simply wrong.

You my friend, are wearing shades.

The Jets are going to need QBs from somewhere to fill their roster. Pennington is good as gone, and Tuiasosopo is nothing more than roster fodder.

Jets will look at QB s in both Free agency and the draft. That does not mean they are unhappy with Clemens, per se, just wanting to create competition and depth.

Yes drafting a QB in the first three rounds or going after Derek Anderson is the smart thing to do. Come on man, I have nothing against singing a veteran back up. Doing something drastic is what I am referring to.

Goodbye.

My Exact thoughts SD,This team will look for a QB to Back up and maybe the future after clemens is done doing his time as our QB. Competition is a good thing to have ,keeps everyone on thier toes and only helps your team in the long run if you ask me.

Did you seriously expect Clemens to come in and turn the Jets into a top 10 offense in four games? Against the top ranked defenses in the NFL?

I havent been critical of Clemens at all, so you just dont know what you're talking about. Again.

As a whole, we aren't very talented. We have HUGE holes on the O and D lines. Aside from Harris is LB core is rather weak, we need depth at WR and CB. I know this, I realize this.

Whose fault is that? Which FO refused to pay Kendall and let him go without a plan B?

Which FO decided that the only OL they should draft this year is a project with no pass blocking experience?

However, denying that we have a talented, exciting core of players is asinine. Denying that Clemens has shown the ability to be a starting NFL QB, denying that D'brick hasnt improved his play significantly this year, is simply wrong.

I havent denied any of that, so once again you're shooting from the lip without any substance.

My shades say the team is 2-9 and been a disgrace on the field and on the sidelines this season. They embarrassed themselves on national TV on Turkey Day. They are a one point underdog this week to a winless team. That isnt anything to get excited about.

I havent been critical of Clemens at all, so you just dont know what you're talking about. Again.

Whose fault is that? Which FO refused to pay Kendall and let him go without a plan B?

Which FO decided that the only OL they should draft this year is a project with no pass blocking experience?

I havent denied any of that, so once again you're shooting from the lip without any substance.

My shades say the team is 2-9 and been a disgrace on the field and on the sidelines this season. They embarrassed themselves on national TV on Turkey Day. They are a one point underdog this week to a winless team. That isnt anything to get excited about.

So basically you don't disagree with my post. I don't get it. My entire post was basically those two points. I realize we suck, but we have hope.

Kendall might have given us one or two more wins this year, at best. He was an average old linemen, yes hes better than what we have now, but lets be real. We weren't doing anything this year anyways.

You know, I feel like this is deja vu all over again. Fans making excuses for the QB position. When Pennington took over for Vinny, fans were saying the same thing...it's time for this position to make some plays and take some responsbility...it's not always the lines fault.

Making excuses for an 8 year veteran with two shoulders surgeries who whos record against top 10 defenses was worst than the dolphins record this year, and that had single handedly cost us games this year, who had no ability to drive us down the field in a short amount of time when the game was on the line is very different than supporting a second year QB making his first ever 4 starts against top 10 defenses, beating the #1 ranked D, showing things that are rare in such a young starter.

Be real.

So basically you don't disagree with my post. I don't get it. My entire post was basically those two points. I realize we suck, but we have hope.

Kendall might have given us one or two more wins this year, at best. He was an average old linemen, yes hes better than what we have now, but lets be real. We weren't doing anything this year anyways.

I disagree with your conclusion:

As you said:

I realize we suck

So it looks like you are playing both sides of the fence.

The team sucks this year, and posters here discuss it in detail, and why it sucks, and whether it will suck in the future.

Having "hope" is fine, but that doesnt change what we have all seen this season.

We are 2 - 9 because we have no talent at LG RG RT NT etc etc.

Not because of Brick and Clemens, the season was over way beyond the cowboys game, again, my post is aimed toward those saying that brick is a bust, clemens hanst shown anything and sucks, the team has lost faith in mangini and isnt playing hard and that the staff needs to be fired.

Making excuses for an 8 year veteran with two shoulders surgeries who whos record against top 10 defenses was worst than the dolphins record this year, and that had single handedly cost us games this year, who had no ability to drive us down the field in a short amount of time when the game was on the line is very different than supporting a second year QB making his first ever 4 starts against top 10 defenses, beating the #1 ranked D, showing things that are rare in such a young starter.

Be real.

Give me a break...who the frill is talking about this year. It's always been the excuse for Pennington...he needs receivers, he needs a better running game, he needs a better O line...if you've paid attention to detail over the years, we've been starved at this position since Namath. And along comes Clemens and the same excuses get posted...if you look back in time, you'll see the same debates for every QB since Namath.

I think they'll look to FAs. I don't think they are going to want a rookie qb to be Clemens primary backup. I see a vet FA or sticking with Chad or Tuiasosopo for next season. I can't only see them burning a pick in the draft on a qb under a few limited scenarios. First, if they don't like Clemens that much they might take one anywhere. I doubt this. If they are at the top of the draft and there is an absolute stud prospect that they love or somebody stays on the board to them (like Brady Quinn this year). I think if they take anybody later in the draft it is more an indictment of Ratliff and I think they like Ratliff.

I see Ratliff as #3. A vet, either Penny or a FA, possibly Tuiasosopo as #2. I can't see any draft pick that isn't at the absolute top of the draft being expected to be ready to go in off the bat. I haven't seen enough of Clemens to feel comfortable without some type of veteran presence.

Give me a break...who the frill is talking about this year. It's always been the excuse for Pennington...he needs receivers, he needs a better running game, he needs a better O line...if you've paid attention to detail over the years, we've been starved at this position since Namath. And along comes Clemens and the same excuses get posted...if you look back in time, you'll see the same debates for every QB since Namath.

Come back by mid - late next season and if nothing has changed I might agree with you.

Either way, in his first 4 games Clemens has shown me more than Chad in his last 16.

That was obviously an exaggeration. He was however, playing extremely well, completely shutting down the best pass rushers in the league. Showing consistency and improvement. There were people praising him prior to the dallas game that are now hating on him. Whatever.

my post is aimed toward those saying that brick is a bust, clemens hanst shown anything and sucks, the team has lost faith in mangini and isnt playing hard and that the staff needs to be fired.

You must have missed the quotes earlier in the season by players who were already talking about knowing they wouldnt be here next year.

His doghouse has been a revolving door this season, and i dont think he has had very good relations with many of the players on the team.

Its all the media. All the media. They are the reason why so many Jets fans are the way they are.

They really dont know jack sh#t. Yes, lets draft Matt Ryan with our 1st rd pick because his average arm would be amazing here in the meadowlands. :bag:

Cannizaro is the worst of them too. That fat lump of nothing thinks Mangini shouldnt have benched Pennington, so what the hell does he know? Nothing. I dont ever buy into their opinionated biased articles, ever.

Clemens has played VERY WELL for a rookie in 3 of the 4 games he has started. But then he [ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM, ESPECIALLY THE OLINE] have a bad game vs the cowboys, and now he sucks? The Oline had easily their worst game of the entire season last thursday and Coles didnt even suit up to play. So what the hell was Clemens supposed to do, light it up downfield while running for his life [as per his own Olineman Brandon Moore explained]???

The media needs to get a clue and do alittle homework. There are also no Peyton Mannings in this draft. Clemens is a better prospect than any of these QBs in the draft.

And none of these media clowns were calling for Pennington to be benched the last 2 years. But Clemens who plays very well for a rook in 3 of his 4 games, starts getting called out after his first bad game? Are you facking kidding me, you clowns?

Suck my bleep, media.

Are you crazy?

I am not wearing green glasses.

I don't understand why you are so hostile. Relax, it's football not brain surgery.

We need more time to evaluate Clemens. I am the biggest Kellen Clemens hater here but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even after he took a sh*t on Thanksgiving and didn't really play well against the Steelers. (Jets defense won that game.) Biggest thing Clemens and his supporters have going for him is the Skins game. I wasn't very impressed by his performance against the Ravens as it turns out the Ravens defense is actually pretty slow and not as good as it was last year plus we lost the game.

Clemens will do gangbusters against the inept Dolphins. I'm even willing to give him a pass against the Pats because I know the Pats will just dominate us that week. Clemens' real test will come against the Browns in two weeks. Also last two weeks against the Titans and Chiefs.

So far the results from Clemens have been very mixed.

We need more time to evaluate Clemens. I am the biggest Kellen Clemens hater here but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even after he took a sh*t on Thanksgiving and didn't really play well against the Steelers. (Jets defense won that game.) Biggest thing Clemens and his supporters have going for him is the Skins game. I wasn't very impressed by his performance against the Ravens as it turns out the Ravens defense is actually pretty slow and not as good as it was last year plus we lost the game.

Clemens will do gangbusters against the inept Dolphins. I'm even willing to give him a pass against the Pats because I know the Pats will just dominate us that week. Clemens' real test will come against the Browns in two weeks. Also last two weeks against the Titans and Chiefs.

So far the results from Clemens have been very mixed.

Personally i've been impressed with the kid. He has at least shown some potential but your right the evaluating period is still to come. I still think he'll be our guy next year regardless. We didn't give him enough time to prove himself IMO.

Didn't this same guy make this same basic thread 2 weeks ago and then backpedal out when he was called out for it? Am I just imagining things? It seems like deja vu...

Fact is Brick hasn't played near Pro Bowl level, to consider him an average LT would actually be a compliment to him. His run blocking leaves a lot to be desired and I don't think his pass blocking is truly all that great either, but he is at least solid in that phase of the game.

We don't actually know what we have with Clemens. He could still turn out to be a bust, he could turn out to be great. Chances are skewed towards bust rather than great, or the NFL would be filled with great QBs (although that'd also be somewhat illogical, since you figure it is through comparison and "great" will always be a small percentage of the top).

Brick and Clemens will get at least another full year, probably more than that. It's the CS that is more a cause for concern. We've had enough threads where they've been criticized, no need to re-hash here.

Every single NFL team can list players they drafted that they are waiting on to become good. The great teams though, their players actually DO become good, a lot of that is from coaching and a lot of that is from talent evaluation, and a lot of it is also the supporting cast enabling players to play "within themselves." Pats rookies don't underperform for 3 years and then become competent, they pretty much enter the league being able to do something and then steadily improve. The players don't also take 4 years to learn an offensive or defensive system and then execute it, they can apparently learn a new one every year without being terrible. Probably because it shouldn't take longer and it's just an excuse for being bad when you can't execute.

One bad game, and "D'brick is the biggest bust since kyle brady" and "Clemens is a bust and we should draft Matt Ryan"

Give. me. a. ****ing. break.

Both these players are VERY young.

Both these players have shown that they have what it takes to be successful. D'brick shut down some of the best pass rushers in a row from week 2 until the Dallas game. Schoebel, the giants, taylor, suggs, etc etc. Clemens has shown presence in the pocket, and the ability to drive us down the field in the fourth quarter to win or tie a game against the ravens, redskins, and steelers (These things are what is hardest to develop and find in a QB). By the way, Clemens has faced four top 10 defenses. In his first ever four starts!

Yes, I am disappointed this year as well, but I can see that we have several young players set up to be the cornerstones of this franchise for years to come. The wins may not be there right now, but this team still plays hard every week, is VERY young, and is obviously moving in the right direction. Clemens, Mangold, Dbrick, Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Cotchery, Leon, all extremely talented and very young, all brought in or developed by our current staff. This staff is able to bring in and develop young talent that can make an instant impact, its hard to explain just how awesome and important that is for a rebuilding franchise.

Finally, to those saying the team has lost faith in Mangini? Are you kidding me? There has been absolutely no evidence of that what-so-ever. The entire defensive unit played hard all game against the cowboys even though the game was "over". The offense simply got dominated at the trenches, not because they "gave up" but because the cowboys played and simple are better. Bottom line is if you don't play hard, you won't be a Jet next year, and that is the way it should be.

I know this has been said before, but it needs to be said again. This, and all Jets forums around the internetz are getting ridiculous.

Good post. I have been gone from this board since the Cowboys game, I am so disgusted with the entire season. But is that the consensus? Clemens is a bust? After 4 starts against tough defenses? No Coles in a couple? Please. Some of you people are unbelievable.

Good post. I have been gone from this board since the Cowboys game, I am so disgusted with the entire season. But is that the consensus? Clemens is a bust? After 4 starts against tough defenses? No Coles in a couple? Please. Some of you people are unbelievable.

Most people are level headed. Some people go to extremes. If I didn't own the site I wouldn't login after a Jets game though. That is when it is at the worst level. Right after a game. CUT EVERYBODY. And that's after a win.

After a loss people won't be satisfied with only cutting the players. They want blood.

:)

Archived