Was the Ricky injury an accident or intentional???

CoachTsurfing

I didn't see the game and things always look worse in slow mo, but man it looked like the stomp on Williams was intentional. The defensive player looked like he went out of his way to step real high and come down on an arm reaching Williams. I'm not a big Ricky fan, but if it was do on purpose something should be done.

I didn't see the game and things always look worse in slow mo, but man it looked like the stomp on Williams was intentional. The defensive player looked like he went out of his way to step real high and come down on an arm reaching Williams. I'm not a big Ricky fan, but if it was do on purpose something should be done.
That linemen will be fined for sure, he almost did a split just to step on ricky's back to stop him from reaching out and grabbing the ball ,to me it was intentional.

it looked like he used his back for good footing in order to change direction. It seems he stomped him so he'd be unable to crawl forward to recover the fumble. It sure looked intentional but I don't think it was with malicious intent to injure. I think it was to stop him from gettin the ball

I think someone from the Jets paid the guy to stomp on him so he couldnt run all over the jets this weekend. Ha ha ha..... Suckers

it's really hard to talk smack this year-even against our old rivals in Miami it's like rooting for 2 one legged guys in a two man ass kicking contest

He was hurdling another player. If he did not change directions at ll he would have landed in an open spot of turf and probably tripped over Ricky's head. You can see that he immediately saw the loose ball and id what anyone who is trying to change directions at full speed, which is stick you leg out wide and puch off it towards the direction you want to go. When you watch that clip at full game speed you can see he did not make any unnatural movements to go out of his way to stomp on Ricky, nor is it very realistic to think that his priority in a split second went from getting the loose ball (what all football players are trained to do) to stomping on Ricky simply because he had an opportunity.

Aw come on I'm just havin a little fun. And its easier to talk smack to a team with only two wins.

it's almost pitiful-we should all be ashamed....I mean you guys say something bad about the Jets and it can't be any worse than anything we've been saying about them ourselves here since the season started

Sure looked intentional to me. Don't think he wanted to really hurt him, just kind of say hello Doubt there will be a fine, way to inconclusive the way the field was.

If he wanted to hurt him he could have stepped on his head.

Ah, check that. I forgot it was Ricky, can't damage an empty head

Looks unintentional if you really study it. First remember that the field is a giant soupy mess. You have to look at where the ball is the whole time and the defenders relation to it. At first he is charging toward the spot of the ball which was ricky williams, he has his left leg up to avoid the pile of defenders, then while his left leg is up the ball pops out of the pile, and at this point you can see the guys lower body slide and dig a bit in the dirt as he pivots, and he has to bring his left leg down to change direction, especially in those field conditions, I would say a combo of sliding in the mud and trying to change direction to go for the live ball, and probably avoiding his own players, is how this happened. I can't see the league coming down on a guy who was running for a live ball in that soup of a field.

During the replay he went out of his way to step on Ricky...not to hurt him but more to keep him down and away from the football. It was obvious because he had to side step to get Ricky...he wasn't in his direct path.

That's kind of what I took from it too. He just put his foot on him to stop him from going for the ball. What didn't cross his mind at the time is that he's 300 freakin' pounds. :)

During the replay he went out of his way to step on Ricky...not to hurt him but more to keep him down and away from the football. It was obvious because he had to side step to get Ricky...he wasn't in his direct path.

I don't think so, the side step thing to me looked more like a change of direction from where the ball was (ricky) to where the ball went(forward of ricky)

Archived