CB Fabian Washington: 4.25/40?

TomShane

I read this on a Pats board. Can anyone confirm? Nebraska corner Fabian Washington supposedly dropped a 4.25 at Indy.

From NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.COM, who usually blow:

Strengths: Experienced and started three years for the Huskers...Has very good speed...Good height...Is an excellent natural athlete...Productive in terms of interceptions, pass breakups and tackles...A playmaker with a nose for the ball...Confident and not afraid of anyone.

Weaknesses: Needs to work on his technique...Has a somewhat slight frame and could bulk up a little...May have trouble grasping a complicated defensive scheme...May be too confident at times and will take risks in an effort to make the big play.

Notes: Has the physical tools you look for and you can't teach speed...Not a finished product but with his experience, triangle numbers and productivity he is a very fine prospect.

Vinny DiTrani of NJ.com writes Martin Rooney, who runs the popular Parisi Speed School in New Jersey, is impressed with his group of 19 elite college stars training for Pro Day. Rooney thinks Nebraska cornerback Fabian Washington is the fastest man the school has ever trained. No small feat, considering Dunta Robinson (10th overall pick in 2004) trained at the Speed School in 2004 and ran a 4.3 40 at the combine.

DiTrani also reports Rooney is absolutely amazed at the quickness displayed from talented Ball State safety Justin Beriault, who Rooney believes could set Indianapolis combine records in the 20-yard shuttle and three-cone drill. Beriault is a solid 6'3" and 200 pounds, so if he does show that type athletic ability in Indianapolis, he could jump on some draft boards.

That's from Feb.20 th DD.com draft notes...

Looks like Mr.Rooney was prophetic...Washington was real fast at CB; Beriualt was a "suprise" at SS...

Speed School in Jersey :shock:

Looks like Mr.Rooney was prophetic...Washington was real fast at CB; Beriualt was a "suprise" at SS...

Rigs, what's the skinny on Beriault? Is he a "Rigs Special" this year?

Rigs, what's the skinny on Beriault? Is he a "Rigs Special" this year?

Don't know a lot about him--at 1st I didn't pay much attention to him

...His name started popping up a lot in a positive way a couple weeks ago when I was searching for info.

After the combine it will pop up more...

I think it's the typical story--Great college player, but is he athletic enough ??(obvious reasons for the doubt)...

Even Mayock of NFLN was giving him mad props for his short shuttle..

Seems like a surly type, that could go in 3rd round...maybe a bit after that.

Uh, if you guys would listen to GJ&H once in awhile you wouldn't need to rely on Mr. Rooney from Ferris Bueller's Day Off ... I told Bit to list Fabian Washington as a TOP 10 CB months ago 8) :D

Tommy, if this is true we may have found Brandon Browner's replacement after his hype was exposed with that, what was it, 4.65 forty? :lol:

Glenn, what is brutal about that is that it probably makes Browner a FS prospect now. FS is a more difficult position to learn, and a young kid like Browner will have to spend some time on the bench. Given that, it may drop him from the first round into the 5th, ouch.

welcome to the late first early second round Fabian

Ham and I agreed mutually to list Fabian late in the top 10 a few weeks ago - now he will rise - in a couple days i want to redo all the rankings and rip up the big board -

Hey Bit, this is one that will make us look like we have a clue ... we actually had it right :D

By the way Bit...Did you notice Rsherry Jr.'s input in today's blogger?

He's more than welcome to help any time, as our friend Hammer is. He's a good one.

Abraham Elimimian: Hawaii

Born in Nigeria, grew up in Los Angeles. Elimimian has started since his sophomore season for the Rainbow Warriors. Registered 5 Int's in 2004 and played tough defense in an offensive WAC conference. Hasn't gotten the type of attention he feels he deserves, but that may mainly be due to such a strong group of draft eligible cornerbacks in this season

Good job Hammer, we just did a big school suprise list...Pac-10, Big 10...so no small college players.

I would even say MAC conference would be short of big school?

Troll, maybe, he would fit...

Hammer, you decide bro...bigger school player---who's not real well, known but could suprise..

The player from VTU is worthy, but ran poorly today--in the 4.6 area.

Men, how about Stanley Wilson of Stanford?

He's the son of Stanley Wilson--Bengal RB who went on a coke binge and missed the 1988 Super Bowl..

Here's one more to consider ... Stanford Routt, Houston

http://www.draftcrazy.com/prospect/cb/stanfordroutt.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/cb/stanfordroutt.html

Stanley Wilson is a good one too, riggo

I would say that of the guys we named use the one who made the best showing at the combines :wink:

Excellent point Hammer, lets wait for the combine numbers to come out in full (brilliant stratedy)...The kid from Hawaii was a total flop (4.73) at 5'9"...That's CFL, at best...So lets go the opposite?

Let's get a fast player...it's CB afterall :twisted:

Is Foxworth from Maryland too big a name?

CB Ronald Bartell 6'1" 211 Howard 4.45, 4.45

CB Brandon Browner 6'3" 221 Oregon State 4.69

CB Marcus Curry 5'11" 181 Michigan 4.64, 4.63

CB Travis Daniel 6'1" 194 LSU 4.61

CB Abraham Eliminian 5'10" 190 Hawaii 4.69, 4.73

CB Dustin Fox 5'11" 190 Ohio State 4.54, 4.47

CB Dominique Foxworth 5'11" 184 Maryland 4.49, 4.41

CB Eric Green 5'11" 188 Virg Tech 4.59, 4.62

CB Daven Holly 5'10" 192 Cincinnati 4.45, 4.48

CB Marlin Jackson 6'1" 198 Michigan 4.59

CB Derrick Johnson 5'11" 197 Washington 4.51

I was watching it tonight, and the best of the lot looked to be Eric Green of VT. Very quick, powerful lower body and really knows how to move. I was surprised how fundamentally unsound alot of them were. I'm sure it had to be frightening as hell, but some of them absolutely sucked out there in drills. Dustin Fox looked good, though. As usual, good call Rigs. You've been pimping him for months.

TS, Fox was a slam dunk...I was reading about his brother Derek, who went to Penn State, and was trying out for several NFL teams after being cut from the Rams (last cut in 2000).

When Derek went to try out for the Colts, he told a Akron paper team president Bill Polian (who runs the combine) asked him for game info or tape on Dustin--Dustin was 17 or 18 and in high school at the time :shock:

Fox had great seasons as a soph and jr., but 2004 was a waste due to injuries...

But he's sick fast. We've gotten some E-Mails on him. We know he ran a flat 4.35 in front of NFL scouts last Pro Day...

For obvious reasons, he'll play safety... :twisted:

Watch out for the Patriots grabbing him...His uncle Tim was a Pats 1st round pick and Pro Bowler in the 70's and 80's and is still really connected to the team (I think) as an announcer--or he was.

His agent is Neil Cornich, who represents a ton of NFL GM's, so that will help.

Anybody here like Daven Holly of Cincinnati--or know much him?--CB is my weakspot, along with O-Line.

Bit's inundating with E-mails from small time AGENTS looking to plug scrubs...

But recently, we got a E-Mail from his agent (I think) and it was cool to know the players a agent was plugging for once :twisted:

Plus, he wasn't begging for a net space.

If he's good enough, maybe we play politics a bit?

Ran 4.4 at the combine?

Hammer, Bitonti, RSherry, TS, Jetlag...what do you think?

If not, I'll lean towards Wilson or Routt (Hammers pick).

Hammer, can you write a short a bio. Similar to this?

Born in Nigeria, grew up in Los Angeles. Elimimian has started since his sophomore season for the Rainbow Warriors. Registered 5 Int's in 2004 and played tough defense in an offensive WAC conference. Hasn't gotten the type of attention he feels he deserves, but that may mainly be due to such a strong group of draft eligible cornerbacks in this season

TS, Fox was a slam dunk...I was reading about his brother Derek, who went to Penn State, and was trying out for several NFL teams after being cut from the Rams (last cut in 2000).

When Derek went to try out for the Colts, he told a Akron paper team president Bill Polian (who runs the combine) asked him for game info or tape on Dustin--Dustin was 17 or 18 and in high school at the time :shock:

Fox had great seasons as a soph and jr., but 2004 was a waste due to injuries...

But he's sick fast. We've gotten some E-Mails on him. We know he ran a flat 4.35 in front of NFL scouts last Pro Day...

For obvious reasons, he'll play safety... :twisted:

Watch out for the Patriots grabbing him...His uncle Tim was a Pats 1st round pick and Pro Bowler in the 70's and 80's and is still really connected to the team (I think) as an announcer--or he was.

His agent is Neil Cornich, who represents a ton of NFL GM's, so that will help.

Fox looked like a really smooth athlete out there, Rigs. He's a little stiff, but makes up for it with quickness. I'm an Ohio State fan, and Fox was often targetted by opponents early on, mostly because of who was playing on the other side of him (Gamble, etc.), and OSU fans used to get pissed at him all the time for getting burnt. IMO, he's better off at safety.

Archived