Sox willing to include Ellsbury now???

toon88

Agreed.

If I'm the Twins, I'm not interested in Lester, I'm demanding Bucholz, especially if I can get Hughes from the Yanks.

It makes no sense for the twins to not DEMAND Bucholz, now that the Yanks have included Hughes. Doesnt matter if they include Ellsbury, a good speedy light hitting CFer with a crap arm. Pitching is the key, and if I am the Twins I want Bucholz, or I wont even talk to you about a deal.

melky is what he is

An average center fielder? Exactly.

kennedy is decent, 3 starts with a 1.89 ERA in 19 innings or so. VERY small sample size but whatever.

Decent? Maybe. The centerpiece in a trade for the best pitcher in baseball? Absolutely not.

hughes is the chosen one.

Chosen to do what? To be the most over hyped prospect in the history of prospects? The kid may turn out to be a great pitcher. However, chances are that he won't. How many can't miss prospects missed? Most of them. To not include him in a trade for the best pitcher of the last 5 years is crazy.

It says Ellsbury OR Lester, not both.

Any you know whats funny? Both are being overvalued.

Holy crap, for being someone who thinks they know baseball, you could not be more wrong. This deal works for Boston if Ellsbury is not invoved. This guy is a leadoff stud.

Holy crap, for being someone who thinks they know baseball, you could not be more wrong. This deal works for Boston if Ellsbury is not invoved. This guy is a leadoff stud.

Really? How many seasons has he played?

And I'm not sure what you are saying here "This deal works for Boston if Ellsbury is not involved" ??? Are you saying the twins will accept that Lester/Crisp/Lowrie package, because they arent going to. They are going to want Bucholz too, and maybe if they are morons they'll settle for Ellsbury instead.

Archived