Who do you WANT to be in the national title game? Who SHOULD be?

Jetsfan80

This is a 2-part question because it requires thinking more about the teams YOU sympathize with.

1) Who I WANT in the National Title game:

Hawaii vs. LSU

Rationale: Hawaii is the only undefeated team remaining in the FBS (D-1A) and just came up with a HUGE come-from-behind win against Washington. LSU, meanwhile, actually won their conference (unlike Georgia) and beat Virgina Tech (another "contender" for the national title) by the final of 48-7 early in the season. I believe these are the 2 most deserving teams, with Ohio State being left out in the cold.

2) Who SHOULD/WILL be in the National Title game:

Ohio State vs. Oklahoma

Rationale: Ohio State will probably be bumped up to # 1 by the voters, and I think that, realizing that their decision on who # 2 will be is crucial, the voters will move Oklahoma up 7 notches to the # 2 slot and slip them into the title game. They won in such dominant fashion over Missouri (their 2nd win over them) and won the Big 12. This will outweigh the wins that LSU, Georgia, and Virginia Tech got to end their seasons.

Ohio State, LSU reach BCS title game

December 2, 2007

MORRISTOWN, NEW JERSEY (TICKER) -- Ohio State will play Louisiana State in the Bowl Championship Series title game on January 7 in the Louisiana Superdome.

The Buckeyes and Tigers placed first and second, respectively, in the final BCS standings, which were released Sunday.

Ohio State (11-1) climbed two spots to first in both the USA Today coaches' poll and the Harris Interactive poll.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Buckeyes have not played since beating rival Michigan on November 17. But Ohio State capitalized on a bevy of upsets over the past two weeks to reach the BCS title game for the second straight year.

While the Buckeyes essentially finished first by default, LSU (11-2) fought its way back into the top two. The Tigers were defeated in shocking fashion by Arkansas on November 23, a loss which dropped them from first to seventh in the BCS standings.

But LSU bounced back Saturday with a 21-14 victory over Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference championship game, a win which vaulted the Tigers to second in both polls

Geaux LSU!

Ful bcs matchups:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=745950

UH IN

Mizzou out

Zook to the rose

The NCAA has to tell these conferences that either you all play conference championships or none of you do or just take conference championships out of the BCS formula all together.

Ohio State benefits by not playing a conference championship game are are rewarded by getting the birth in the BCS Championship.

LSU gets in the BCS by playing in a conference championship.

Missouri somehow get knocked completely out of the BCS by losing a conference championship while Kansas a team they beat a weak earlier sits home and gets a BCS bid.

This whole system is a joke.

Please, Please put in an 4 team 8 team playoff. Something has to be better than this

The NCAA has to tell these conferences that either you all play conference championships or none of you do or just take conference championships out of the BCS formula all together.

That would mean that every BCS conference (and maybe EVERY D-1A conference) needs to break into divisions, which is impossible for the Big 10, since they have 11 teams.

That would mean that every BCS conference (and maybe EVERY D-1A conference) needs to break into divisions, which is impossible for the Big 10, since they have 11 teams.

No, just take the top 2 teams if there is no division split up. I dont care if thats not the traditional way, this crap is stupid. OSU played an easy schedule and didnt have to play a championiship game--they dont deserve the title game. Last year exposed a better OSU team against Florida...No way a lesser team beats LSU.

lsu had the #1 spot twice and lost both times. this is a joke. they wanted them there all year. no way do they deserve to play in the championship game

And who deserved it over them?

Georgia, who didn't win their conference?

Virginia Tech, who got absolutely slaughtered by LSU?

Hawaii, who didn't play anyone?

USC, who lost to Stanford?

LSU deserves to be there. Both of their losses were in 3OT for ****'s sake.

OSU vs LSU

Hawii should be pissed, but they need to play somone first. I suppose you all will say that about OSU, but we'll see how well the LSU sissies fair when they play a real defense.

Too bad Oklahoma had their two losses, they looked like a damn good team on Saturday. That's why they don't make decisions on bowl games off of one game, it takes a season, and OU didn't do it.

OSU vs LSU

Hawii should be pissed, but they need to play somone first. I suppose you all will say that about OSU, but we'll see how well the LSU sissies fair when they play a real defense.

Too bad Oklahoma had their two losses, they looked like a damn good team on Saturday. That's why they don't make decisions on bowl games off of one game, it takes a season, and OU didn't do it.

LSU will beat OSU by at least 3 TD's. It will be unwatchable halfway through the 2nd quarter. LSU may not deserve it, but as in Trolls post, who does? There arent any "deserving" 2 teams this year. Because of that, there are 5-6 teams at least that should get a shot, b/c no one really set themselves apart except MAYBE LSU.

The 4 games Alk posted would be a great 1st round of the playoffs, imo. Too bad it wont happen.

LSU will beat OSU by at least 3 TD's. It will be unwatchable halfway through the 2nd quarter. LSU may not deserve it, but as in Trolls post, who does? There arent any "deserving" 2 teams this year. Because of that, there are 5-6 teams at least that should get a shot, b/c no one really set themselves apart except MAYBE LSU.

The 4 games Alk posted would be a great 1st round of the playoffs, imo. Too bad it wont happen.

right.

bucks win this one, it could be close, but i don't see that happening either.

OSU vs LSU

Is that a misprint?

Did you miss the national championship game last season, where unbeatable Ohio St. got gang-raped by a Florida team they were supposed to destroy? A big reason was because of the speed of an SEC defense.

A team like West Viriginia would have given LSU problems. Ohio St? Can't wait for the 7th.

Is that a misprint?

Did you miss the national championship game last season, where unbeatable Ohio St. got gang-raped by a Florida team they were supposed to destroy? A big reason was because of the speed of an SEC defense.

A team like West Viriginia would have given LSU problems. Ohio St? Can't wait for the 7th.

No mis-print.

OSU reads the sports clippings too, they got filled with the notion that Florida were push overs. Had they played during the regular season, without the 2 month break for the bucks, OSU would have wiped the floor with them. They really lucked out on not having to guard the fastest receiver in the nation for even a single series.

Tressel won't be so blind that he relies on a passing attack when he continually has one of the top offensive lines in football. I would expect around 15 pass attempts, and a laugher in favor of O-hio.

All the LSU/SEC ball washing is getting out of hand. Everyone thinks they are invinsible until they run into the underdog: Miami vs OSU, USC vs Texas, OSU vs Flordia, and now LSU vs OSU.

Don't believe everything you read about your home state, they are not as good as they'd have you believe.

No mis-print.

OSU reads the sports clippings too, they got filled with the notion that Florida were push overs. Had they played during the regular season, without the 2 month break for the bucks, OSU would have wiped the floor with them. They really lucked out on not having to guard the fastest receiver in the nation for even a single series.

Tressel won't be so blind that he relies on a passing attack when he continually has one of the top offensive lines in football. I would expect around 15 pass attempts, and a laugher in favor of O-hio.

All the LSU/SEC ball washing is getting out of hand. Everyone thinks they are invinsible until they run into the underdog: Miami vs OSU, USC vs Texas, OSU vs Flordia, and now LSU vs OSU.

Don't believe everything you read about your home state, they are not as good as they'd have you believe.

I have no doubt LSU can move the ball up and down the field on Ohio State. Their defense doesn't scare me in the least. Yeah, they only gave up 10 points per game. Against who? A horrid Big Eleven that actually sent ILLINOIS(!!!!!!!) to a BCS bowl? Non-conference monsters like Kent State and Youngstown St.?

If Dorsey is healthy, and he has a month to get that way, Ohio St.'s running game will be non-existent. Their QB can't beat LSU.

BTW, I don't read anything about LSU: I watch the games. From the way you are bad mouthing them, I take it you don't.

I have no doubt LSU can move the ball up and down the field on Ohio State. Their defense doesn't scare me in the least. Yeah, they only gave up 10 points per game. Against who? A horrid Big Eleven that actually sent ILLINOIS(!!!!!!!) to a BCS bowl? Non-conference monsters like Kent State and Youngstown St.?

If Dorsey is healthy, and he has a month to get that way, Ohio St.'s running game will be non-existent. Their QB can't beat LSU.

BTW, I don't read anything about LSU: I watch the games. From the way you are bad mouthing them, I take it you don't.

that's why they play the games.

I didn't see much of LSU, but i did watch the SEC. They are always fast and what not, but this year has no clear cut front runner. No super power. Say what you want about the Big Ten (eleven), but i remember OSU playing Texas two years in a row, splitting with them over those years. Both schools put their national title hopes on the line for that, and both proved they were legit.

So the bucks didn't do that this year, cry me a river, they put more talent in the NFL than any other school in the nation (over a 5 or 10 year period, either way, Miami was close, and now that isn't the case, they are alone in this category). OSU may be having a down year, but its still good enough to push LSU off the map.

Having Dorsey back will be a big lift, they are going to need it.

that's why they play the games.

I didn't see much of LSU, but i did watch the SEC. They are always fast and what not, but this year has no clear cut front runner. No super power. Say what you want about the Big Ten (eleven), but i remember OSU playing Texas two years in a row, splitting with them over those years. Both schools put their national title hopes on the line for that, and both proved they were legit.

So the bucks didn't do that this year, cry me a river, they put more talent in the NFL than any other school in the nation (over a 5 or 10 year period, either way, Miami was close, and now that isn't the case, they are alone in this category). OSU may be having a down year, but its still good enough to push LSU off the map.

Having Dorsey back will be a big lift, they are going to need it.

Case closed.

Archived