State your opinion-does Hawaii belong in a BCS bowl?

faba

I say no way with their schedule should they jump over even though undefeated.

I say yes. Hawaii should not be faulted because of their schedule and I'm willing to bet Colt Brennan would be able to tear up alot of offenses in some of the big conferences.

Teams like Hawaii are the reason we need a playoff-system to determine a National Title Winner. Think of the NCAA basketball tourney only for football. It would be a football guru's dream.

The schedule arguement is weak. Hawaii played 1 team in the final BCS top 30(Boise St.), and won. Ohio St. played 1 team in the final BCS top 30(Illinois), and lost. If Hawaii doesnt, how does Ohio St? Because they can beat up on mediocre to slightly below average teams?

Yes It's tough to go undefeated in any season . All their road games required traveling xtra distances to boot which made it all the tougher. Remember this argument last year with Boise State ? Remember their great bowl game victory? I'm anxious to see Hawaii against Georgia. BTW- Hawaii beat Boise State this year. :P

Yes It's tough to go undefeated in any season . All their road games required traveling xtra distances to boot which made it all the tougher. Remember this argument last year with Boise State ? Remember their great bowl game victory? I'm anxious to see Hawaii against Georgia. BTW- Hawaii beat Boise State this year. :P

Hawaii isn't as good as Boise State was last year, imo. You'd THINK a team like Georgia would be more ready than OU was last year, since they feel like they were snubbed, but too often in the past few years there has been a team that felt snubbed and ended up getting blown out in the following Bowl Game.

• 5 weeks later...
hahaha hawaii deserved to get clobbered by 30 points?

illinois lost by 32

oklahoma lost by 20

arkansas lost by31

so yeah they got clobbered. but they still deserved a shot on what they did this season. You can't make a prediction and invite teams on that.

In my opinion, no, because they didn't play anybody and the only reason they were hyped was because they were 12-0. Boise State had a lot more hype and was a much better complete team than Hawaii. Missouri should've been in, not Hawaii.

illinois lost by 32

oklahoma lost by 20

arkansas lost by31

so yeah they got clobbered. but they still deserved a shot on what they did this season. You can't make a prediction and invite teams on that.

Illinois didn't deserve a BCS game and Arkansas wasn't invited to one.

Archived