De-activate Ben Graham

SoFlaJets

and try this other punter we signed to the PS. Ben has to be hurt or something-he just isn't getting it done the way he used to the last couple of years. We all like the guy but come on man he's taken to shanking almost every punt lately. It used to be a once-a-game thing now forget about it it's every kick...I'll bet you we find out after the season is over that he's going to require some kind of surgery..

ben graham won't get benched this year

never ever ever

and why you ask?

because he's Mike Nugent's holder and there isn't enough time in the season to re-generate that chemistry.

yea and he's been doing a great job as the holder-I had considered that too Bit

there are 4 games left

where 3-9

lets see if kaponis is a good punter

That might be the smartest thing you ever said. This excuse about Graham being the holder and not wanting mess with Nugent's chemistry is silly. If the Jets were in the hunt for a wildcard spot it would make complete sense but obviously that's not the case. Time to give some of the young guys a little playing time and find out what they're all about.

That might be the smartest thing you ever said. This excuse about Graham being the holder and not wanting mess with Nugent's chemistry is silly. If the Jets were in the hunt for a wildcard spot it would make complete sense but obviously that's not the case. Time to give some of the young guys a little playing time and find out what they're all about.

I'm tellin you Alk he's hurt-he's gotta be.You know the way The Tribe is though when it comes to revealing anything about injured players. We'll find out something after the season is over-it'll be a KFFLer sometime in February saying Ben Graham went in for surgery for a sports injury hernia or whatever they're called

This excuse about Graham being the holder and not wanting mess with Nugent's chemistry is silly.

it's not an excuse it's the facts

kick holder is probably the most underrated job on a football team

until it gets screwed up, then everyone goes bananas

NFL head coaches (belly included) are by nature a conservative creatures

to change holders is to unnecessarily introduce risk

hence Graham's job security is rock solid at least for this year.

die hard Jets fans will remember Graham actually showed up a full year prior to playing in the NFL, he used that time to learn to hold, not so much to work on his punting.

it's not an excuse it's the facts

kick holder is probably the most underrated job on a football team

until it gets screwed up, then everyone goes bananas

NFL head coaches (belly included) are by nature a conservative creatures

to change holders is to unnecessarily introduce risk

hence Graham's job security is rock solid at least for this year.

die hard Jets fans will remember Graham actually showed up a full year prior to playing in the NFL, he used that time to learn to hold, not so much to work on his punting.

I know it's a fact, that's the exact reason we kept Ken Walter when he had no business punting in the NFL let alone for a super bowl caliber team. My point which you cut out is that you guys aren't in the playoff race so why not get a new punter in there to see what he can do? A few missed FGs due to a new holder isn't exactly going to break your season.

You see, I'm with the idea of De-Activating Graham. The Nuuuuuuuuuge could easily handle all of his duties, even holding. The Nuge is go good, he can hold for himself. :beer:

maybe we can line Nugent out wide or maybe better-in the slot at WR-we're getting a little short in that area-he can be the new Chrebet

maybe we can line Nugent out wide or maybe better-in the slot at WR-we're getting a little short in that area-he can be the new Chrebet

He really could be though. I'm getting a little annoyed with Schottenheimer. Does he not know that the Nuge played Quarterback in High School? People talk about Brad Smith as a "Slash" player. Please. Brad Smith is a 1/2 Slash compared to The Nuge.

ben graham won't get benched this year

never ever ever

and why you ask?

because he's Mike Nugent's holder and there isn't enough time in the season to re-generate that chemistry.

Yeah, cause you wouldn't want the backup punter muffing a snap on that all important playoff clinching FG....

......oh wait.:confused0058:

For the guys that live in New Jersey.Have you heard the Brad Benson Auto dealer radio ad? He has his brother Troy Benson on a former N.Y Jets brought in a new punter because we wore out the other guys leg..........................................................................LOL

Archived