I respectfully do not care for what the Twins GM is doing

Barton

LOL...everyone sucks unless they are in pinstripes. Masterson improves last season but it is simply to be disregarded while we are to blindly believe that Melky has this huge talent spurt ahead of him. No matter what Hughes "projects" to be, his Major League numbers are still similiar to Lesters. Again, get over the fact that Melky is not regarded as highly around baseball as he is by Yankee fans. The only reason he sees the field is because the Damon signing was a mistake.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Masterson has ONE decent pitch: a sinker. Again, he's a homeless man's Chien-Ming Wang thus far. There is NO CHANCE he becomes a set-up man like the Twins "thought he could." He barely throws his fastball.

Hughes has pitched SEVENTY-TWO INNINGS in the majors. You don't judge a prospect on that limited time in the majors. You compare their minor league numbers, where Hughes destroys Lester in every single category over a MUCH longer and more telling period of time.

And I did not say that Melky has a huge talent spurt ahead of him. I simply said that he still COULD become a better player. Coco Crisp has no chance of being able to do that. Melky is younger, cheaper, and better already than Crisp. Why would you not take that? And for the record, I agree with you. Melky is overrated, but he is still better and a better option than Crisp.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived