Mets

faba

Just to show equal opportunity on this site I saw the need for some Met thread

No Jeter loverboy comments are appreciated

I am excited (like I always am though about the start of the season). The Mets got the players they needed to get to at least the fan base excited about the team and to show they are trying to improve with Beltran and Martinez. They still have holes in and question marks but at least it seems they are on the right path to be suuccessful

Mets? I was so tempted to lock this. LOL.

I like what Willie is doing with this team. He will bring some order to the franchise. Omar has already supplied some talent.

If the pitching staff stays healthy they can make some noise.

Hey faba, you going to Opening Day? We should all meet up at Shea again sometme this year.

T-Mac I doubt I will be able to take off opening day from work but If you want I will try to get some tickets for some game-let me know what works for you and how many

If by third place you mean third place in the playoff standings, that is fine by me...after all the division winners get in plus a wildcard..that must mean we win the NL East! Thanks man!

LL

I didn't mean that.

Mets will finish 3rd in the NL East.

02/24/2005 10:47 PM ET

Healthy Strickland eyes comeback

Roberts expects a return to Norfolk

By Kevin T. Czerwinski / MLB.com

Scott Strickland throws live batting practice during Thursday's workout. (Rick Silva/AP)

27/2005 2:39 PM ET

Notes: Cameron takes his first cuts

Randolph impressed with outfielder's efforts

Mike Cameron was encouraged by Sunday's swings and hopes to be ready for Opening Day. (Richard Drew/AP)

I think Rick Down is a great hitting coach. I always liked his style.

Be patient, work the count and get the pitchers throwing lots of pitches.

With MLB being what it is today there are games to be won late because of poor bullpens. His style puts you in a position to win almost everyday.

Delgado was a key ingredient we failed (Mets) to get during the off-season.

I am afraid that if Burnett and Beckett shine the Marlins may run away and hide this year.

Burnett and Beckett are walking injuries. The torsion their throwing styles create is enough to expect injuries from them both. I think no matter what happens, the Braves are the team to beat.

LL

Overdue congrats to Mike Piazza on getting married to a teammate the other day. I really saw that one coming for years now. Oh wait...it was a Playmate?

never mind

Its funny, i dont mind you railing on the yanks since they did choke up 3 games to none. But for you to come here and rail on the Mets...that is just piss poor. All i have to say is....1986. Remember that? No matter what you do, 1986 will always be there, unless the red sox beat the mets in the ws in the future.

By the way, Piazza married a beautiful woman...what did you marry? a goat?

LL

excuse me for livin' LatinLawyer...why am I piss poor for railing on the Mets? I'm just trying to be like everyone else...and what is the significance of 1986? Is that when the Braves started winning the NL East year after year? Has it really been that long?

Dont kill the messenger, LL. When I say the Mets suck and they're going nowhere with or without Beltran, I'm just trying to help you come to terms with it.

I mean, they call it Flushing for a reason

excuse me for livin' LatinLawyer...why am I piss poor for railing on the Mets? I'm just trying to be like everyone else...and what is the significance of 1986? Is that when the Braves started winning the NL East year after year? Has it really been that long?

Dont kill the messenger, LL. When I say the Mets suck and they're going nowhere with or without Beltran, I'm just trying to help you come to terms with it.

I mean, they call it Flushing for a reason

You know its funny, You were a cool cat on Ji.com when you would rail on the Yanks...why? Because they were your natural enemy. Now you rail on the Mets, We arent in the AL, i could understand if you were a braves or philly fan. But you are a Red Sox fan and to be honest the only reason you would attack the mets would be to try and erase 1986 ws from your mind. Ain't happening. Yeah, I am optomistic about my team, they have acquired some talent. But you shouldn't rail on a team that is not even in the AL? If you are a red sox fan you should just concentrate on the Yanks...unless you plan on being a one season wonder. 86 years is a long time to wait for the next WS win.

LL

Randolph said that he's not going to get upset if the team doesn't rack up the wins during Spring Training. But that doesn't mean he wants his club slacking off either.

"I think that it's important that we go out and play sound, fundamental baseball," Randolph said. "There's not a lot of emphasis on winning, but we want to build a winning mentality. So I want them to know that we want to win as a team, even if it is Spring Training. I want to see crisp, solid baseball, and I want the guys to know that anytime they walk on the field we should expect to win."

This Quote from Willie Randolph- I like his professionalism and attitude

You want to go out there to expect to win and be confident and play sound fundamentally.

Randolph said that he's not going to get upset if the team doesn't rack up the wins during Spring Training. But that doesn't mean he wants his club slacking off either.

"I think that it's important that we go out and play sound, fundamental baseball," Randolph said. "There's not a lot of emphasis on winning, but we want to build a winning mentality. So I want them to know that we want to win as a team, even if it is Spring Training. I want to see crisp, solid baseball, and I want the guys to know that anytime they walk on the field we should expect to win."

This Quote from Willie Randolph- I like his professionalism and attitude

You want to go out there to expect to win and be confident and play sound fundamenta

lly.

Well, they are off to a good start. I was at lunch watching the game...2-0 Mets!

LL

You know its funny, You were a cool cat on Ji.com when you would rail on the Yanks...why? Because they were your natural enemy. Now you rail on the Mets, We arent in the AL, i could understand if you were a braves or philly fan. But you are a Red Sox fan and to be honest the only reason you would attack the mets would be to try and erase 1986 ws from your mind. Ain't happening. Yeah, I am optomistic about my team, they have acquired some talent. But you shouldn't rail on a team that is not even in the AL? If you are a red sox fan you should just concentrate on the Yanks...unless you plan on being a one season wonder. 86 years is a long time to wait for the next WS win.

LL

Tomshame running his gums about the Red Sox originally captured my attention. Thats why I have turned my attention to the Met-a-mucils. I swear, the majority of Tom's posts are typed while his head is in some toilet.

And I need more targets other than the Yankees. Beating them is passe at this point. Yankee haters like myself are growing tired of the annual Yankee Elimination parties

i dont see the mess making the playoffs because the wildcard team is either going to be Chicago or St Louis (and the other will win the central) and obviously Atlanta will get the division title

with that said, I could see the Mets being over .500 this year if they dont get the injury bug

Humber ready to pay his dues

Young right-hander thankful for the opportunity

First-round pick Phil Humber signed with the Mets in January. (Rick Silva/AP)

Archived