Award for Harris

greenfuel

THOMAS, HARRIS WIN ROOKIE OF MONTH AWARDS

Despite setting the all-time single-game rushing record in November, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson otherwise didn't do enough to win the league's rookie of the month award on offense.

The problem? Peterson suffered a knee injury in his second game of the month, and missed the last two games of November.

So the award went to Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. Thomas has been a starter since Week One, and he's a big reason for the team's dramatic improvement this season.

On defense, Jets linebacker David Harris won the prize. He's the only non-first-rounder on either side of the ball to be named rookie of the month in 2007.

I can't remember ANY Jet linebacker who I have enjoyed watching as much as Harris. He is so tough. Trading up for this guy - and just finding him still in the second round was incredible.

It is now very very hard to question Manigni's drafting ability after this year. Revis and Harris are not only both starters, but both are near all-pro levels as rookies. I'll take this draft just for those two men, but Bender and/or Stuckey may become pleasant surprises later. You also have to LOVE getting Leon Washington for Herm Edwards IN THE FOURTH ROUND. sweet.

THOMAS, HARRIS WIN ROOKIE OF MONTH AWARDS

Despite setting the all-time single-game rushing record in November, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson otherwise didn't do enough to win the league's rookie of the month award on offense.

The problem? Peterson suffered a knee injury in his second game of the month, and missed the last two games of November.

So the award went to Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. Thomas has been a starter since Week One, and he's a big reason for the team's dramatic improvement this season.

On defense, Jets linebacker David Harris won the prize. He's the only non-first-rounder on either side of the ball to be named rookie of the month in 2007.

Good one him. He's certainly deserved it.

Harris is a monster..a beast..Wait till this kid really learns how to play MLB in the NFL..This just wasn't a good pick it was a f**kin GREAT PICK. Alot of scouting Depts in the NFL are asking how did we miss this guy..seriously..Mike and Eric did a great job with stealing Harris oh and that other kid..Revis is pretty freakin good..and guess what Tannenbaum signed them both for 6 YEARS!!! Pretty smart guy Mike T is!!

Harris is a monster..a beast..Wait till this kid really learns how to play MLB in the NFL..This just wasn't a good pick it was a f**kin GREAT PICK. Alot of scouting Depts in the NFL are asking how did we miss this guy..seriously..Mike and Eric did a great job with stealing Harris oh and that other kid..Revis is pretty freakin good..and guess what Tannenbaum signed them both for 6 YEARS!!! Pretty smart guy Mike T is!!

Pretty sure Harris is only signed for 4 years. It's the maximum the NFL allows for players taken after round 1.

No doubt about other teams' scouting depts wondering that very thing though.

run stopping strong safety? maybe

That's my point. And he might even be really good at it. But he's got 1 year left on his rookie contract. He's not worth re-signing as a 3-4 ILB and clearly isn't worth coughing up "borderline pro bowl" dollars for him to switch to a totally new position. So we can either get something for him or not get something for him. Because if we continue running mostly 3-4 next year, he's the 3rd-best ILB on the team.

I think he probably would make a great safety (though Rhodes already mans the SS position quite competently). But is he worth the dollars & probable 2nd-round draft pick to find out if he can make a switch to a new position and perform at an elite level?

I'd rather take the pick & use the cap space on a lineman.

That's my point. And he might even be really good at it. But he's got 1 year left on his rookie contract. He's not worth re-signing as a 3-4 ILB and clearly isn't worth coughing up "borderline pro bowl" dollars for him to switch to a totally new position. So we can either get something for him or not get something for him. Because if we continue running mostly 3-4 next year, he's the 3rd-best ILB on the team.

I think he probably would make a great safety (though Rhodes already mans the SS position quite competently). But is he worth the dollars & probable 2nd-round draft pick to find out if he can make a switch to a new position and perform at an elite level?

I'd rather take the pick & use the cap space on a lineman.

i would take the pick as well

I can't remember ANY Jet linebacker who I have enjoyed watching as much as Harris. He is so tough. Trading up for this guy - and just finding him still in the second round was incredible.

It is now very very hard to question Manigni's drafting ability after this year. Revis and Harris are not only both starters, but both are near all-pro levels as rookies. I'll take this draft just for those two men, but Bender and/or Stuckey may become pleasant surprises later. You also have to LOVE getting Leon Washington for Herm Edwards IN THE FOURTH ROUND. sweet.

I can........... jonathan vilma. I loved watching him in our 4-3 defense as a rookie. He's totally redundant in the 3-4 though. Harris, revis & Rhodes are absolute monsters on defense & rarely does a play go by when one or two of em aren't mentioned by the guys in the booth

why do u love him so much?:D

I loved watching him play in the 4-3 ,he was a great player ,he has awesome speed & work ethic It wasn`t till Mangini switched things up ,thats when things started not working out .I would think the Mangenius could find a place for a player like him on this team ,if we trade him we may get an ok player in return for the short term but it will come back to haunt us in the long term

I loved watching him play in the 4-3 ,he was a great player ,he has awesome speed & work ethic It wasn`t till Mangini switched things up ,thats when things started not working out .I would think the Mangenius could find a place for a player like him on this team ,if we trade him we may get an ok player in return for the short term but it will come back to haunt us in the long term

Not if we got T Suggs. Say we offer the Ravens a 6th, and Vilma for Suggs. To me, that is a monster deal. We don't have to worry about wasting talent on our bench, and we get one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Try and tell me Harris wouldn't feed off of that.

If we can somehow keep moving our DT's around to keep the run to a minimum, things will be looking good on the defensive side next year.

Not if we got T Suggs. Say we offer the Ravens a 6th, and Vilma for Suggs. To me, that is a monster deal. We don't have to worry about wasting talent on our bench, and we get one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Try and tell me Harris wouldn't feed off of that.

If we can somehow keep moving our DT's around to keep the run to a minimum, things will be looking good on the defensive side next year.

I think Vilma is a class act & gives 125% every time but if tradeing him helps bring 1 of the best pass rushers in the NFL to us & helps us finally get to & WIN another Super Bowl ....... MAKE THE DEAL

I think Vilma is a class act & gives 125% every time but if tradeing him helps bring 1 of the best pass rushers in the NFL to us & helps us finally get to & WIN another Super Bowl ....... MAKE THE DEAL

Pretty much how I feel. Nothing personal against Vilma.

Yup, i'd love to see Vilma do well. I just don't know that it will be in New York.

Archived