HOCKEY EAST

BUM-KNEE

How did those scrubs from U MassCrabs get into Hockey East

NU Still hasn;t won **** since the days of Bruce Racine

Oh well, at least we can talk ****

I still don't know how UMass brought back their hockey program and ended up in Hockey East.

Did you know that the UMass board of trustees nearly killed off the Lowell program in the off-season? Bastards!

The Huskies are what they are. Kinda of like Lowell.

How did those scrubs from U MassCrabs get into Hockey East

$$$$$$$

or so hockey east was led to believe...:P

the real reason is everyone was sick of Merrimack always being the doormat. UMass filled that role quite nicely for a few years.....

oh... I love Mathews Arena. One of my favorite rinks. Its old. Dumpy. But has a certain charm about it.

Welcome to the most active thread in the College Sports Forum. That isn't saying much but its something!

With you on board we now have fans from 5 Hockey East teams.

BUM-KNEE (Maine), Lil Bit Special (UMass), me (Lowell) & PFSIKH (UNH)

Its surprising we dont have any BU or BC fans. Lots of new yorkers go to these schools. You'd think there would be someone here who went to BU or BC and were hockey fans.

What we really need is a Merrimack fan (if there is such a thing...)

Its surprising we dont have any BU or BC fans. Lots of new yorkers go to these schools. You'd think there would be someone here who went to BU or BC and were hockey fans.

What we really need is a Merrimack fan (if there is such a thing...)

This thread is much better off without those BC & BU douche bags!

At least Merrimack has been a member of Hockey East since 1989, unlike some school located in Amherst :P

This thread is much better off without those BC & BU douche bags!

At least Merrimack has been a member of Hockey East since 1989, unlike some school located in Amherst :P

we've been a member since 1994, although we didnt really try to participate until the early 2000's......:P

And yes... i dont think I could tolerate BU or BC douche bags. But I would love a Merrimack fan!

we've been a member since 1994, although we didnt really try to participate until the early 2000's......:P

And yes... i dont think I could tolerate BU or BC douche bags. But I would love a Merrimack fan!

A Merrimack fan? Thats harder to find than a rational BU or BC fan.

I went to Grad School at BU

I hate the ****ing place....I used to study at NU even in grad school

Isn;t Brown arena history

Brown Arena is still around but I have no idea what they use it for. You should see Agganis Arena. It's not far from the Business School, right past the BU Bridge.

I'm looking for a picture I have somewhere of Agganis Arena taken from the other side of the river.

This pic was taken at Magazine Beach in Cambridge. It is directly across the Charles River looking at Agganis Arena (top left) and BU Dorms. If you look hard enough you will see the light towers from Nickerson Field.

Deeswin.jpg

Wow

Just saw this thread

I see my NU Huskies are finally playing respectable pucks

And Maine blows

This is AWESOME

Maine blows this year yeah, (dont know if thats what you were implying or not) but they cant get get it together at all this year. Players out of position, weak power play, just a complete breakdown out there.

9 freshmen on the roster, compared to 8 seniors is a big reason for the drop-off this year.

Next year should be interesting, we will lose seniors B Tyler and T Ramsey on D. This team is really young and I fear next year may be another flop unless this years freshman shine next year, they have seen alot of ice time this season and should be more smooth around the edges. I hope.........

:bag:

I really wish they didnt fu%k with Mathews but I guess its inevitable.

I am pissed I didnt get a chance to see Umass at NU this year.

Walter Brown was another unique place. Agganis is beautiful, especially the recognition of the players of the past. But its a typical new arena. Its a prettier Tsongas Arena.

Really feels like a home arena. Too bad tickets are a ripoff.

Game notes: Northeastern vs. Boston University

On the air: 890 ESPN Boston with Rob Rudnick and Bill Doherty

WRBB Radio 104.9 FM with Keith Lavon and Peter Martin

Live video: Audio and video on GoNU.TV

Huskies vs. Boston University: Northeastern (14-11-3, 11-8-2 Hockey East) takes on Boston University (12-14-4, 10-8-3 Hockey East) in a home-and-home series this weekend starting at Matthews Arena on Friday night and concluding at Agganis Arena on Saturday. The Huskies enter the weekend tied for third in Hockey East with Providence, while the Terriers are just one point behind in fifth, tied with Vermont. The Huskies are ranked 14th in the USCHO.com/CSTV national poll this week. Last weekend, Northeastern topped Massachusetts, 2-1, at Matthews Arena on Friday before falling, 3-1, at the Mullins Center on Saturday. The Terriers are winners of four straight, including overtime wins against Maine last Friday (2-1) and Saturday (1-0) at Agganis Arena. The Huskies and Terriers last met in the consolation game of the Beanpot on Feb. 11, with BU taking a comeback, 5-4 win over Northeastern. The Huskies got out to a 4-2 lead after Ryan Ginand scored his second goal of the night at 11:00 in the second period. He also had an assist on Tyler McNeely

Hockey Hosts UMass In Crucial Series

The University of Maine men's ice hockey team hosts UMass this weekend in a crucial Hockey East series. The Black Bears are looking for valuable points as they try to climb in the Hockey East standings. Maine is 8-17-3 on the season and 4-14-3 in Hockey East play. UMass is right above the Black Bears in the Hockey East standings with a record of 11-11-6, 6-10-5 in Hockey East play.

MAINE FALLS TO BOSTON UNIVERSITY: The University of Maine men's ice hockey team dropped its second overtime game in a row on Saturday night when it fell to Boston University 1-0. After 60 scoreless minutes of regulation, the teams went to overtime for the second time in as many days. BU's Colin Wilson got the game-winner at 3:30 from Brandon Yip as the Terriers earned the 1-0 victory.  Again, Ben Bishop (Des Peres, Mo.) was outstanding for Maine as he stopped 37 shots. He was named the second star of the game for the second time in as many nights. He falls to 8-17-3 on the season. Brett Bennett made 17 saves for Boston University.

SCOUTING THE MAINE BLACK BEARS: Maine is led by Bret Tyler (Maynard, Mass.) who has six goals and a team-high 11 assists for 17 points. Wes Clark (Oakville, Ontario) is chipping in with a team-best seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points as well. Rob Bellamy (Westfield, Mass.) has four goals and 10 assists for 14 points. Andrew Sweetland (Bonavista, Newfoundland) is adding six goals and five assists for 11 points, while Billy Ryan (Milton, Mass.) has 11 points on four goals and seven assists. Jeff Marshall (Kyle, Saskatchewan) is chipping in with four goals and six assists for 10 points. Simon Danis-Pepin (Vaudreui-Dorion, Quebec) has four goals and five assists for nine points. Tanner House (Cochrane, Alberta) also has nine points on a goal and eight assists. Keenan Hopson (Prince George, British Columbia) has three goals and five assists for eight points, while Travis Ramsey (Lakewood, Calif.) has eight points on a pair of goals and six assists. Matt Duffy (Windham, Maine) has five goals and two assists for seven points. Jeff Dimmen (Colorado Springs, Colo.) has two goals and four assists for six points. Chris Hahn (Fort Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan) has four goals and one assist for five points.  Ben Bishop has seen action in all 28 games in goal. He is 8-17-3 with a 2.61 goals against average and a .915 saves percentage. He has one shutout on the season.

BISHOP SETS CAREER-HIGH IN SAVES: Ben Bishop recorded a career-high 49 saves on Saturday, Feb. 2 at UMass. It was three more than his previous high of 46 set earlier this season at Denver. Bishop stopped 21 shots in the first period alone against the Minutemen.

KILLING PENALTIES: Maine has allowed just three power play goals in its last 16 games. Opponents are just 3 for 72 in that span for a 95.8 penalty killing percentage.

MISSING TIME: Maine players have combined to miss 74 games due to injury this season. Chris Hahn missed 12 games, Billy Ryan has missed nine games, while Keenan Hopson and Andrew Sweetland have each missed six games. Ryan and Hopson were Maine's two leading returning scoring forwards from a year ago.

RAMSEY WINS M CLUB DEAN SMITH AWARD: Maine senior Travis Ramsey was named the 2008 M Club Dean Smith Award winner on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2008. The award is presented to the male and female student-athlete with outstanding academic and athletic achievement along with citizenship and community service. Ramsey, captain of the hockey team, has seen action in 128 career games with four goals and 21 assists for 25 points. He has played in 124 consecutive games. He was named an official candidate for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, but was not selected as one of the 10 finalists. He is member of Lambda Pi Eta, the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association. Ramsey has been named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team and is also a three-time UMaine Scholar-Athlete Award winner. He is a communication major with a double minor in public relations and business administration.  The M Club Dean Smith Award was first presented as the M Club Scholarship Award in 1980. The Award was renamed to honor Dean Smith in 1993. Dean Smith was a recipient of the Walter Byers Award presented by the NCAA. Smith combined the top grade-point average among senior electrical engineering majors with the NAC scoring title as the captain of the 1989-90 men's basketball team.  Ramsey becomes the sixth men's ice hockey player to win the M Club Dean Smith Award joining Paul Kariya (1994), Jim Leger (2000), Martin Kariya (2002, 2003) Gray Shaneberger (2002) and Frank Doyle (2004).

JUST ONE GOAL: Maine allowed just one goal in 120 minutes of regulation play against Boston University last weekend. The Black Bears allowed two overtime goals against the Terriers. Ben Bishop finished the weekend with a 1.46 goals against average and a .958 save percentage.

TYLER NAMED SEMIFINALIST FOR WALTER BROWN AWARD: Senior defenseman Bret Tyler has been named a semifinalist for the Walter Brown Award, presented annually to the top American-born hockey player in New England. He is one of 15 semifinalists. The semifinalists include 12 players from Hockey East schools and three from ECAC schools. Nine forwards were named along with four goaltenders and two defensemen. Tyler is tied for the team lead in scoring with six goals and 11 assists for 17 points.

DEFENSEMAN LEADING THE TEAM IN SCORING: Bret Tyler, a defenseman, is tied for the team-lead in scoring. The last time a Maine defenseman led the team in scoring was during the 1994-95 season when Jeff Tory led the team with 13 goals and 42 assists for 55 points. Tyler is tied for fifth this season in Hockey East in scoring among defensemen.

PENALTY KILLING STREAK ENDS: Maine saw its streak of 34 straight penalty kills end on Friday, Jan. 25 against Boston College. The last power play goal that Maine allowed before Friday, January 25 was by Vermont's Peter Lenes on Nov. 25. Maine then killed off a power play chance by the Catamounts. Following that game, Merrimack was 0-2, New Hampshire 0-4, Clarkson 0-4, UMass Lowell 0-2, Northeastern 0-4, Rensselaer 0-6, Boston University 0-5, Providence 0-4 and Boston College 0-2 before the Eagles finally scored a goal with the man advantage. Maine has started a new streak and has currently killed off 19 straight penalties.

Simon Danis-Pepin GETTING INTO THE SCORING COLUMN: Simon Danis-Pepin has scored a point in five of the last eight games. He has nine points this season, breaking his career high of six points that he finished with a year ago.

Score Update:

VT over Lowell 3-2 Final

Merrymack over Providence 2-0 Final

BU over NU 5-3 4 min left

UNH over BC 1-0 start 3rd.

UMass/ Maine sitting at home watching the pretty snow fall.

VT over Lowell 3-2 Final

Merry-mack over Prov 2-0 (goal one scored with just over 5 min to play, 2nd empty netter)

BU over NU 7-4 (wild last 5 min of game- 4 goals in 4 min.)

UNH over BC 1-0 14min left 3rd.

I will update standings after all games are final. but a little preview- Maine is now in last place! Sorry Bum!!

VT over Lowell 3-2 Final

Merry-mack over Prov 2-0 (goal one scored with just over 5 min to play, 2nd empty netter)

UNH over BC 1-0 14min left 3rd.

I will update standings after all games are final. but a little preview- Maine is now in last place! Sorry Bum!!

VT over Lowell 3-2 Final

UNH over BC 2-0.

Standings: All teams have 5 games left except for UMass and Maine.

1. UNH- 34pts-

2. BC- 26pts

t3. BU- 25pts

t3. VT 25pts

t5. NU-24pts

t5. Prov- 24pts

7. Lowell-20pts

8. UCrash- 17pts

9. Merrimack- 12pts

10. Maine- 11pts

hey guys...

I wont be around tonight to update, so if anyone wants to update after the games..

BTW, you can go to:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/index.php

they have a scoreboard on there during the games. Updated more frequently than CSTV game tracker. Just click on the printable view. updates every 5 min or so.

Good luck to all your teams. except you Bum-Knee. :P

Lowell picked a bad time to play like crap. There are two weekends to go before the Hockey East playoffs. Most teams have 4 games left.

1. New Hampshire - 36

t2. Boston University - 27

t2. Vermont - 27

4. Boston College - 26

t5. Northeastern - 24

t5. Providence - 24

7. UMass Lowell - 20

8. Massachusetts - 17

9. Maine - 15

10. Merrimack - 14

Lowell has a home and home with the Huskies next weekend and then make the trip to Orono to finish up the regular season.

UMass has a home and home with BU next weekend and then finishes up with another home and home against Merrimack.

If UMass stumbles, Maine may sneak into the 8th spot.