****The Official Jets vs Browns Game Thread****

BP

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've also traded draft picks for complete scrubs.

And drafted Anthony Schlegal and repeatedly passed on nose tackles.

The only NT I actually think they were retarded for drafting is Ngata in my opinion. As for Schlegal yeah I can't really argue that but we got three starters and three other big contributors from that draft.

Ok but it changes every week was my point, you were for and against Pennington almost every other day. I'm saying think about this more than just after being pissed off from a loss. This has been a sh*tty season it happens and while Mangini has been bad he did well last year. He deserves another year to see what happens and we can't just start flipping out every time things don't go the Jets way.

No I wasn't "for and against Pennington almost every other day". I stuck by him pretty much all the time, the one time I put up a SIG about Clemens should start I was ****ing drunk!!!!

I supported Chad when he was our starter up until after the Buffallo game, ever since clemens has been the starter i have stuck by him.

Stop talking out of your ****ing ass, would you??

The only NT I actually think they were retarded for drafting is Ngata in my opinion. As for Schlegal yeah I can't really argue that but we got three starters and three other big contributors from that draft.

Then got 2 possible future starters from the next draft... Harris is looking good, but you never know.. think about Vilma his rookie year... and look at him now... Revis is on and off... you never know with CB's...

and they still have yet to fix the D line... they are going on 3 years with no upgrades...

A big tease... They are an inconsistent team and who knows if it's talent or coaching. Last year they would win a big game or lose close to the Colts, then get blown out by the Jags or Bills. Inconsistent is what this team seems to be.. That or one big tease..

They had 1 good offensive drive today, made things interesting in the end, then Mangini made one of the most questionable calls I've ever seen in a game, and they lose again.

Go figure why they are 3-10.

WHo knows maybe they come out and win 28-24 next week against the Pats.... And then the week after they'd lose 30-10.

It doesn't make me think the future looks bright that's for sure... This team is in a word, inconsistent since this regime took over.

You mean the same FO that had only two picks other than a 6th and 7th?

Thats how you rebuild a team, trade picks away... :rolleyes:

The FO that gave B Thomas big money... ??? Where has he been?

Last years draft was good, we need more than a year too rebuild and if we didn't trade those picks away I doubt we get enough players who make anywhere near the impact combined that Revis and Harris will have on our defense.

NOBODY argued the Thomas signing last year when it happened so don't bitch about that now in hindsight. I'm pretty sure you loved it when it happened.

I am going on record as saying I am far from sold on Clemens. He is young and can turn out well, but I, for one, do not blame his play on the coaching staff.

He has potential but like most young QB's he makes basic mistakes. IMO with good coaching he could be a stud.

The playcalling this season has made both our QB's look worse than they are.

Last years draft was good, we need more than a year too rebuild and if we didn't trade those picks away I doubt we get enough players who make anywhere near the impact combined that Revis and Harris will have on our defense.

NOBODY argued the Thomas signing last year when it happened so don't bitch about that now in hindsight. I'm pretty sure you loved it when it happened.

Its nto my job to forsee how good a player will be, but this team should... and they dont...

Also... when you rebuild... you pile up draft picks... hell... even when your not rebuilding... you pile them up... how many have the pats had in the last few years?

The problem is we scored 1 TD against the worst defense in the NFL.. It's even worse than the Jets defense has been..... And then they allow a 30+ yard TD run on 3rd and 4 in the end....

After watching this game, they are not 1 o 2 OL away from having an offense. The offense has sucked all year except against the Dolphins with Chad or with KC, and the offense wasn't good last season...

Maybe they improve the OL, but if they can't score against a team who allows 30 points per game, you are more than 1 or 2 OL away from having a real offense.

He has potential but like most young QB's he makes basic mistakes. IMO with good coaching he could be a stud.

The playcalling this season has made both our QB's look worse than they are.

A stud? Bull**** on the playcalling. Play calls may be causing the won-loss record, but it isn't making the kid bounce the ball to open receivers. If his only problem were the inability to anticipate the rush I'd expect major improvement over time, but his passing is pretty inconsistent. He may turn out okay, but I would not count on it based upon what I've seen. QB would be a position I look to upgrade. Just like every other position.

If you say so, I am not enjoying wins or losses this year... they mean nothing becuase Mangini is holding this team back.

It's pretty coincidental that you suddenly started trashing Mangini once he benched Chad. It is way too easy to see right through you.

A stud? Bull**** on the playcalling. Play calls may be causing the won-loss record, but it isn't making the kid bounce the ball to open receivers. If his only problem were the inability to anticipate the rush I'd expect major improvement over time, but his passing is pretty inconsistent. He may turn out okay, but I would not count on it based upon what I've seen. QB would be a position I look to upgrade. Just like every other position.

Look, I just think the palycalling hasn't exactly been ideal for warming a young QB into the NFL.

Run on 1st and 2nd down and leaving him in 3rd and long situation happen way too often with this team.

I bashed him for not benching Chad you fool.

It's ok to be mad at Mangini for benching your man-crush. Really it is. You just need to come to grips with it.

Before it was 99% of your posts about Chad. Then he gets benched, and 99% of your recent posts bash Mangini with each one.

I still dont understand why Mangini didht challenge teh QB sneak in the first half where Clemens clearly broke the line with the ball, it was a TD. I guess Eric thought we'd get the 1 yard anyway. With this dreadful offense and our long history of silliness UH-UH Eric.

Didnt have a problem with kicking the FG on the 4th and 10, though, not kicking it deep was dumb. To expect to recover 2 onside kicks is a bit unrealistic. And what was the whole idea behind taht 3rd onsides kick that ended up being a redo? yea, lets kick it all the way down field and try and outrun Joshua Cribbs to the ball. Excellent idea.

The defense was playing an admirable game against a good offense all the way up until the point where htey made Lewis run by them on the most imp0ortant play of the game. That put the whole day in the toilet.

Just Another winnable game taht we managed to hand away. O well, we wont complain come draft day.

I still dont understand why Mangini didht challenge teh QB sneak in the first half where Clemens clearly broke the line with the ball, it was a TD. I guess Eric thought we'd get the 1 yard anyway. With this dreadful offense and our long history of silliness UH-UH Eric.

Didnt have a problem with kicking the FG on the 4th and 10, though, not kicking it deep was dumb. To expect to recover 2 onside kicks is a bit unrealistic.

The defense was playing an admirable game against a good offense all the way up until the point where htey made Lewis run by them on the most imp0ortant play of the game.

Just Another winnable game taht we managed to hand away. O well, we wont complain come draft day.

I think he was really down on that play. I thought the INT 3 plays later was worth a review. The camera angle they showed was terrible. But it took points off the board for the Jets because they would have had an easy field goal. Just thought it was worth even a 5% chance of having it overturned via challenge.

It's ok to be mad at Mangini for benching your man-crush. Really it is. You just need to come to grips with it.

Before it was 99% of your posts about Chad. Then he gets benched, and 99% of your recent posts bash Mangini with each one.

:confused0082:

Way to make a lot of sense... let me say it in larger text for you...

I WANTED MANGINI TO BENCH CHAD

Archived